+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Glammy trying their best to "do a glammy" but quite comfortable in the end winning by 3 wickets.

Tremendous fightback in a proper cricket format.

Ingram and Cullen fantastic 👏 👏

Fantastic win, that. It was looking grim at 107-5.

Fantastic knocks by Ingram and Cullen. Under the cosh for decent stretches of that and didn’t think we’d pull it off.

Very pleasant way to spend an afternoon, listening whilst painting the back of the house!

Ingram has rolled back the years this season. It will have helped that he played red ball cricket before T20. He deserves another season and in all formats.
    Whilst Cooke is likely to return there is no reason why Cullen should be dropped. He always has such a positive attitude and his strike rate matched Ingram’s.
    A great win from where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ingram has rolled back the years this season. It will have helped that he played red ball cricket before T20. He deserves another season and in all formats.
    Whilst Cooke is likely to return there is no reason why Cullen should be dropped. He always has such a positive attitude and his strike rate matched Ingram’s.
    A great win from where we were.
    You’d never have thought it when the T20 ended, but Glamorgan have built up a winning momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’d never have thought it when the T20 ended, but Glamorgan have built up a winning momentum.
    There seems to be a real self belief. It’s great to see. Chuffed for Cullen at the end. His innings wasn’t really appreciated as the commentators kept on mentioning how important Ingram’s wicket was even though Tom was 50 odd not out at that stage. I started watching properly after Joe Cooke’s dismissal and thoroughly enjoyed it and another record breaking stand for the sixth wicket.

I wonder what Royal London think of the 50 over format being tucked away behind The Hundred...hardly any coverage (just like last year) also players getting hoovered up to play in the ECB heavily backed format. Maybe Ingram will get picked up now ? That would be just Glamorgan's luck having lost 2 players in past couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I wonder what Royal London think of the 50 over format being tucked away behind The Hundred...hardly any coverage (just like last year) also players getting hoovered up to play in the ECB heavily backed format. Maybe Ingram will get picked up now ? That would be just Glamorgan's luck having lost 2 players in past couple of days
    Yeah we could end up losing a couple, fingers crossed we don't.
    Quite surprising that Ingram and northeast aren't already in the hundred.

I was watching it on You Tube. Great coverage. When Glamorgan needed a hundred to win with 5 wickets down a loss seemed inevitable. But Ingram and Cullen played really well. Much better than the Welsh Fire match last evening.

Welsh Fire’s bowlers ruining what was a decent effort in the closing few balls - no balls, wides to the fore and they’re going to be chasing around 160 on what the commentators say is an awkward pitch.

I couldn’t care less about this. Welsh Fire my arse. Not a single Welsh player or Glammy player in the squad.
    Welsh in name only.

Another ropey performance from the Welsh Fire batsmen who added 119 to the 107 they got in their first game - it looked like a good crowd to watch what has to be the most unWelsh team to represent Wales in sporting history.

The Welsh Fireis supposed to be representing Glamorgan, GLoucestershire and Somerset. Completely understandably, supporters of the two English sides don’t want to know about the team that’s supposed to be representing them and, as a Welshman, I can’t get too excited about them either, so I find myself wondering what is the point in this team?

Another ropey performance from the Welsh Fire batsmen who added 119 to the 107 they got in their first game - it looked like a good crowd to watch what has to be the most unWelsh team to represent Wales in sporting history.

The Welsh Fireis supposed to be representing Glamorgan, GLoucestershire and Somerset. Completely understandably, supporters of the two English sides don’t want to know about the team that’s supposed to be representing them and, as a Welshman, I can’t get too excited about them either, so I find myself wondering what is the point in this team?
    No point at all. Not interested in this competition

No point at all. Not interested in this competition
    I love cricket. I believe it to be the best sport. I enjoy all formats until now.

I haven't watched a single minute of the Hundred. It's a meaningless franchise driven competition, and to name a team Welsh Fire when i has no connections whatsoever with Wales apart from where it plays half its games is a most patronising English decision.

I really hope it dies a quick death.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I love cricket. I believe it to be the best sport. I enjoy all formats until now.

I haven't watched a single minute of the Hundred. It's a meaningless franchise driven competition, and to name a team Welsh Fire when i has no connections whatsoever with Wales apart from where it plays half its games is a most patronising English decision.

100% agree

Apparently biggest crowd ever to watch a domestic cricket match in wales today. Ever.

Yep nobody is interested in it! Lots of kids and families there. Cheap tickets. But it's not traditional so some obviously won't like it so no point debating it.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

im sure it will

I couldn’t care less about this. Welsh Fire my arse. Not a single Welsh player or Glammy player in the squad.
    Welsh in name only.
    Why can't we have a Welsh national team, breaking away from the ECB and going it alone? Ok, so we may not do very well on the international stage but it really pisses me off seeing the likes of Scotland, Ireland and Afghanistan present at the big competitions but no Wales. I am sure that people on here will come up with some valid reasons why not but it really does annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Why can't we have a Welsh national team, breaking away from the ECB and going it alone? Ok, so we may not do very well on the international stage but it really pisses me off seeing the likes of Scotland, Ireland and Afghanistan present at the big competitions but no Wales. I am sure that people on here will come up with some valid reasons why not but it really does annoy me.
    because nobody wants to

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    because nobody wants to
    I do..

Not sure The Hundred is going anywhere soon.

That crowd yesterday dwarfed anything I've seen Glamorgan get at Sophia Gardens in recent years, including the T20 quarter against Yorkshire which was one of the largest off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Apparently biggest crowd ever to watch a domestic cricket match in wales today. Ever.

Yep nobody is interested in it! Lots of kids and families there. Cheap tickets. But it's not traditional so some obviously won't like it so no point debating it.
    Sorry. Didn't see this.

People might not agree with the format but it is certainly getting the crowds in.

If anything the more traditional forms of the game need to look at this to see where they're going wrong with marketing and the like.

Surely a competition that isn't for your traditional cricket fans that is five minutes old getting crowds that any Glamorgan fixtures can only dream of should tell them something.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not sure The Hundred is going anywhere soon.

That crowd yesterday dwarfed anything I've seen Glamorgan get at Sophia Gardens in recent years, including the T20 quarter against Yorkshire which was one of the largest off the top of my head.
    If this bunch of players with no connection to Wales keep serving up “product” like they have done in their first two games, the crowds will drop soon enough - I don’t like the Hundred much, but there’s been some good, exciting matches this year and last, the Welsh Fire team have contributed barely anything towards that though and the women’s team were poor last season as well.

If this bunch of players with no connection to Wales keep serving up “product” like they have done in their first two games, the crowds will drop soon enough - I don’t like the Hundred much, but there’s been some good, exciting matches this year and last, the Welsh Fire team have contributed barely anything towards that though and the women’s team were poor last season as well.
    Isn't that the same with anything though?
    Surely the large crowds show there is appetite for it though.

Does the player's background matter if they're serving up entertainment? Keeping in mind the make up of the City squad this season.

It didn't seem to matter to most of those yesterday. I do agree that they will drop off if the product is bad though. As with anything really.

For what it is worth I think the money spent on marketing this competition could have achieved the same for T20 blast. All while not alienating most of the Counties involved.