+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153154155156157158159160161162163
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4233

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I see that in the Wales U16 squad, Hayden Allmark is listed as a Cardiff City player. He has played for the Welsh National age group teams for the last couple of years as a Liverpool player.

Is this a typo, or has he been released by Liverpool and then signed for us? Dragon Soccer is usually quite accurate
    Listed as a Cardiff player again for today's match.
    He's on the bench, with Rob Tankiewicz starting.
    https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/index.php?id=889

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Listed as a Cardiff player again for today's match.
    He's on the bench, with Rob Tankiewicz starting.
    https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/index.php?id=889
    transfermarkt etc, say he was at Liverpool last season, so maybe he is a new recruit to the academy?

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    transfermarkt etc, say he was at Liverpool last season, so maybe he is a new recruit to the academy?
    It looks like it. We picked up a player in the same way from Liverpool a few years ago, a centre forward, I think his surname was Griffiths. He was quite successful, but he struggled with injuries.

Looks like Allmark is a Liverpudlian, with welsh parentage or grand-parentage.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    It looks like it. We picked up a player in the same way from Liverpool a few years ago, a centre forward, I think his surname was Griffiths. He was quite successful, but he struggled with injuries.

Looks like Allmark is a Liverpudlian, with welsh parentage or grand-parentage.
    Dan Griffiths if I remember rightly, Isaak Davies used to get shifted out to the wing to accommodate him in the under 18 side. I thought he looked a genuine first team player of the future in his first season with us, but he never really got going in his second season because of that injury you mention - I was still surprised to see him released mind.

The word was at the time that Craig Bellamy had been instrumental in getting Griffiths to sign for us and he went on to sign for Pen -Y-Bont (pretty sure he had a loan spell with them while at City as well), but I’ve no idea who he’s playing for now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dan Griffiths if I remember rightly, Isaak Davies used to get shifted out to the wing to accommodate him in the under 18 side. I thought he looked a genuine first team player of the future in his first season with us, but he never really got going in his second season because of that injury you mention - I was still surprised to see him released mind.

The word was at the time that Craig Bellamy had been instrumental in getting Griffiths to sign for us and he went on to sign for Pen -Y-Bont (pretty sure he had a loan spell with them while at City as well), but I’ve no idea who he’s playing for now.
    He is with Pen-y-Bont but his contract finishes at the end of this season, he left the city to sign for Chippenham and then went back to Pen-y-Bont for the second time, He was born in Wrexham not Liverpool though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

He is with Pen-y-Bont but his contract finishes at the end of this season, he left the city to sign for Chippenham and then went back to Pen-y-Bont for the second time, He was born in Wrexham not Liverpool though.

Another heavy defeat for Wales under 16s, they went down 4-1 to the Czech Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, I vaguely remember that. Wasn't he injured during his time with us?
    Yes, that's right. I think he also suffered from being what what the Americans call a
    'tweenie' - neither 'fish nor foul'; not big enough for a centre back and not fast enough for a full back. A bit like Xavier Benjamin who is currently on our books, Tom James was another.

Charlie Crew called up to Wales senior squad