Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
I’m of the opposite opinion, I think we’d all benefit from Sunday trading restrictions re. Supermarkets, town centre stores etc. I feel for people working in retail who have no choice but to work on a Sunday. I know there are plenty of others who work on a Sunday but see no need for the stores to open. It’d be wonderful for shop staff to have a Saturday night out without clock watching or being able to have a family day on a Sunday. Fewer cars on the road as well, like years ago. There’s plenty of time through the week to do your shopping and if something is needed on a Sunday you can use your local corner shop, they need supporting. I can never understand people going berserk and overbuying in the run up to Christmas either, the shops are shut for one day!! Although I’ve heard a whisper that some aren’t opening on Boxing Day this year, as a thank you to staff who held the fort during lockdown apparently. Hope those staff get the holiday pay for it though.
I think it should be possible for us as a society to achieve both shops being open on a Sunday and giving workers a better work life balance