+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

The two hour thing, if it became law, could be a hark back to the old Sunday dinner time licensing laws Noon-2pm, the two hour gallop. Wasn’t unusual to witness some blokes necking double figures in the time slot, some incredible drinking feats occurred every Sunday in those mad two hours

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    RCT covid cases last 4 days

So still high but reducing.
    I'd say four days of consecutive falls can be treated as a trend and evidence that the firebreak has worked even if the results may not have been as good as hoped for.

By the way, where do you get the separate RCT figures from, because the only ones I see are the hospital area ones where you get a combination of the numbers from RCT and Merthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Wouldn't it also mean thousands of people from high COVID areas walking around the city centre, visiting cafes, pubs, bars, and shops etc during lunchtimes and after work which is additional to what happens at the moment?
    yes but you were talking about work, and I was just saying people are already doing that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    yes but you were talking about work, and I was just saying people are already doing that
    Work doesn't only involve "work". It involves all of the things I mentioned that are not happening during the "firebreak" and will happen from Monday thus increasing social interaction and risk. Even though I don't live in Wales I was aware that people were going to work and took that as a given. However, I could have been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

To be honest, the whole thing leaves me cold. I really would like to go to the pub with a couple of mates some time soon, having done that only twice since mid-March, but it feels like it's just too much hassle. I'll definitely go for a meal or two with friends in the coming weeks, but the pub seems like a pain in the arse rather than a relaxing, enjoyable experience.
    Don’t think booking a table in a pub is too much hassle, quite simple on the brains site. I’d imagine you could just pop in during the week and book one for the weekend also.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t think booking a table in a pub is too much hassle, quite simple on the brains site. I’d imagine you could just pop in during the week and book one for the weekend also.
    I've no doubt about that and I did it twice during the summer, but the whole notion of booking in advance, designated tables, limited time windows, wearing masks when you're not drinking, table service, etc, obviously changes the dynamic of a trip to the pub significantly. It's something I used to enjoy doing reasonably regularly, but like many people (including some of those I used to go out for a pint with most frequently) I'll be giving it a miss until the whole thing is more relaxed and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say four days of consecutive falls can be treated as a trend and evidence that the firebreak has worked even if the results may not have been as good as hoped for.

By the way, where do you get the separate RCT figures from, because the only ones I see are the hospital area ones where you get a combination of the numbers from RCT and Merthyr.
    Councillor Andrew Morgan put it on his twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewMorganRCT

Councillor Andrew Morgan put it on his twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewMorganRCT
    says there'll be more "positive signs" today as well.

I've no doubt about that and I did it twice during the summer, but the whole notion of booking in advance, designated tables, limited time windows, wearing masks when you're not drinking, table service, etc, obviously changes the dynamic of a trip to the pub significantly. It's something I used to enjoy doing reasonably regularly, but like many people (including some of those I used to go out for a pint with most frequently) I'll be giving it a miss until the whole thing is more relaxed and enjoyable.
    I’ve only been to two inside, popped in the Albany with the wife about 3 weeks ago when we had an hour without the kids. Quite nice having your drinks brought to you I thought, lots of space, big table for four if you want it, it’s not so bad....probably only had a mask on for 30 seconds. The other was that new Irish bar in Whitchurch during the day in August, it was empty anyway.
    A few people I haven’t seen in a few months have already booked up places for four of us in the next few weeks. Looking forward to it.

I've only been to a pub a couple of times since lockdown, sat outside both times. I must admit, the table service is pretty delightful. A 2hr time limit isn't the end of the world these days either (wouldn't have felt like that 10 years ago though)

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've only been to a pub a couple of times since lockdown, sat outside both times. I must admit, the table service is pretty delightful. A 2hr time limit isn't the end of the world these days either (wouldn't have felt like that 10 years ago though)
    Both times I've been we were sitting outside - on the first occasion because it was the only option at that stage, on the second because it was a warm evening. To be honest, the second time it felt little different to a normal midweek trip to my local. Nobody was inside except a few people having meals, there was plenty of room outside, we could sit where we wanted and we went to the bar ourselves. However, I was reading the most recent guidance this morning and have seen a couple of Facebook posts this weekend from the landlords of my locals and it sounds much less relaxed than it was in August and September when I last went out.

Both times I've been we were sitting outside - on the first occasion because it was the only option at that stage, on the second because it was a warm evening. To be honest, the second time it felt little different to a normal midweek trip to my local. Nobody was inside except a few people having meals, there was plenty of room outside, we could sit where we wanted and we went to the bar ourselves. However, I was reading the most recent guidance this morning and have seen a couple of Facebook posts this weekend from the landlords of my locals and it sounds much less relaxed than it was in August and September when I last went out.
    Last time we went was a week or so before lockdown 2, when the mixing households rules were in place. Looking at some of the groups that were inside I'm going to take a punt that they weren't being adhered to

down to 102 today. I'm not sure if those numbers are usually lower in the weekend like some others though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    down to 102 today. I'm not sure if those numbers are usually lower in the weekend like some others though.
    That's definitely the case with the deaths figure, but I don't think it does so much for new cases. I noticed that there was quite a high number of tests in Wales for today's figures, but there were 744 new cases which is less than half of some of the figures during the firebreak - all pretty encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's definitely the case with the deaths figure, but I don't think it does so much for new cases. I noticed that there was quite a high number of tests in Wales for today's figures, but there were 744 new cases which is less than half of some of the figures during the firebreak - all pretty encouraging.
    I guess we should still continue to see a drop for a week or two after the lockdown ends due to the incubation period

I guess we should still continue to see a drop for a week or two after the lockdown ends due to the incubation period
    Yes, I would have thought so.

So that's practically everyone in the area that's got it then.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So that's practically everyone in the area that's got it then.
    population of RCT is 240,000.
    since the start of the pandemic there have been 7911 cases in RCT.
    so something like 3% of people have had it (that we know about)
    asymptomatic people who haven't had tests obviously won't show up on those numbers

population of RCT is 240,000.
    since the start of the pandemic there have been 7911 cases in RCT.
    so something like 3% of people have had it (that we know about)
    asymptomatic people who haven't had tests obviously won't show up on those numbers
    Maybe I was being a bit flippant, but my point is, all these people have covid, so as you are testing them, the numbers will go down as the ones who already have it, would have been counted.

Maybe I was being a bit flippant, but my point is, all these people have covid, so as you are testing them, the numbers will go down as the ones who already have it, would have been counted.
    then why were the numbers going up only a week or so ago

then why were the numbers going up only a week or so ago

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, let me think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps, only perhaps, maybe more people were being tested

Is that how is works? I thought the test number were extrapolated so although more testing means more accurate it doesn’t mean higher numbers.

Perhaps only perhaps less people being tested as less have symptoms.

Some good and easy to understand videos and charts regarding what's happening in Wales here;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54855015

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is that how is works? I thought the test number were extrapolated so although more testing means more accurate it doesn’t mean higher numbers.
    The ons numbers are based on a sample and then given as an overall figure for the population, but daily test results are actual numbers.
    The point I was trying to make about the more who have it the less it will infect in the short term was that although x number have tested positive in the last week/month or whatever there were others testing positive before that so overall there must be more people all the time who have gained some form of immunity, however short lived (They say it deteriorates after about 6 months).

What I'd like to know is what percentage of people testing positive never need hospital treatment and whether this figure is going up or down as a percentage of positive tests,