Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
I said Cummins was isolating in Durham (County) not the man who saw him, it never occurred to me that the chap didn't live local in Barnard Castle (Co Durham) and was in his local area when he saw Cummins. But he did admit that he drove 250 miles to collect his daughter from Ascot, so if he doesn't live in Durham its must be pretty close if it was that direction.
Gotcha. The way you wrote it made it look like you were talking about the witness. My bad

I'm still unsure as to why you think the media twisted the Cummings story though - whether the "retired teacher" broke the rules or not is irrelevant. His version of events that he told The Sun/The Guardian turned out to be 100% true - as Cummings admitted.

The only... I repeat only thing that was inaccurate in all of the reporting was the 'second trip' that Cummings supposedly made and it was never printed as fact.

The Mail are now spinning it as though it's all lies and the "retired teacher" cannot be a good witness because of irrelevant facts, which you seem to be projecting too - but that would mean that you're taken in by their spin of it, which you say you're sceptical of. I'm getting dizzy now.