Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
I thought the prediction of 100,000 new cases in a day was pessimistic but seems realistic now.

Latest daily hospitalisation admissions for whole of the UK show 717 on 12th of July which is within 1 of the 8th of October 2020; people in hospital as per 15th of July is between 7th-8th of October 2020; and people on ventilators as per 15th of July comparable to 14th of October 2020.

I know we've weakened the link but it feels likely we end up with something as bad as late October/November 2020 (the same as mid-December 2020 but without same peak) which was bad enough for the firebreak to come in for Wales and multiple regions in England to be placed into Tier 3 restrictions.

On more positive side of things Drakeford suggested Wales could get as many as 85% of adults fully vaccinated by 7th of August and with more than 5% receiving their second jab within most recent 9 days, taking us up to 75% as per 15th of July, that suggested milestone seems possible.
Eighty five per cent double jabbed would surely be us reaching herd immunity wouldn’t it when you consider that they were talking about sixty per cent possibly being enough back in March last year? If that turns out to be the case, I’m going to have to apologise to dml1954!