+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    The FT charts (not pretty reading for Wales) show that something dramatic happened at the start of December to make Wales' figures sky rocket. Guess that was either the relaxing after the firebreak or the new strain :
    https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart
    Our ‘Welsh’ 501Y variant is causing some confusion, we now definitely have two 501Y variants in the country. I’ve had to clarify that a few times. With SA 501Y also trying to join the party. https://twitter.com/SmallRedOne/stat...82107576741895
    Wales seems to have the SE England strain that UK government (speaking on behalf of England) are particularly worried about and a new Welsh strain which isn't yet causing such great concern, but as of yet no evidence of the new SA strain.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Wales seems to have the SE England strain that UK government (speaking on behalf of England) are particularly worried about and a new Welsh strain which isn't yet causing such great concern, but as of yet no evidence of the new SA strain.
    Another thing ruined by Brain's.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I know about 5 people who had the virus in the last 2 weeks, only known five in total before so it must be the new variant maybe?
    Despite most in mid 40’s and one mid 50’s and BAME, symptoms were very mild they say.....weaker strain or just all lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    The FT charts (not pretty reading for Wales) show that something dramatic happened at the start of December to make Wales' figures sky rocket. Guess that was either the relaxing after the firebreak or the new strain :
    https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart
    Are you talking about new cases there? If you are, the fire break had been over for.close to a month earlier this month, so, for me, that would suggest that the new strain was responsible! but, then again, there doesn’t seem to be much in the media about the new strain in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ONS estimating that one in sixty had Covid in Wales last week - surely those figures suggest the new variant is prevalent in this country already?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55437183
    Just be reading about the latest ONS data which states that the new variant is not dominant in Wales representing about 10% of cases. Drakeford makes out the the new variant is the problem in Wales, but looks like it's not

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are you talking about new cases there? If you are, the fire break had been over for.close to a month earlier this month, so, for me, that would suggest that the new strain was responsible! but, then again, there doesn’t seem to be much in the media about the new strain in Wales.
    Yeah, the new cases line is almost vertical from start of December onwards (and the death count is now equally as worrying). Had meant to quote your original post about the new strain in my post sorry. Maybe it's a combination of both ?

Hard to know if England are just a few weeks behind that trajectory for having a later lockdown (though it looks that way to me) or if it is currently worse in Wales for some reason.

If we actually had media in Wales I think there would be a lot more coverage of the fact that we're now the country with the 2nd worse cases rate in the world. Most of the people I speak to seem oblivious to just how bad it is right now here in Wales specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    It may be the new variant, it may be people ignoring the rules, it may be both. Our FM said that for Christmas Day only you can visit one other household, but no overnight stays.

Of the five houses directly opposite where I live, two households have gone away for Christmas, and a third household has guests staying over Christmas.

Small sample but it shows just 40% compliance with the rules. No wonder it's spreading.
    FFS. Weve got no chance. Some people just dont give a sh!t.

Trust in the British people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    FFS. Weve got no chance. Some people just dont give a sh!t.

Trust in the British people.
    I went to my parent's house. The next door neighbour is vulnerable, he lives on his own.

He had his 2 daughters, 1 son, 4 grand kids and 2 great grand-kids around. That was 7 households visiting his. It's been like it there since it started. Some people are playing with fire, no doubt about it, and will only learn if the virus hits. With 1 in 65 people in Wales, probably even more where I live, with the virus symptomatically or asymptomatically there is, theoretically, a 9 in 65 chance that he was visited by someone with the virus.

His 2 daughters and 2 grand kids are there again today (4 households).

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I went to my parent's house. The next door neighbour is vulnerable, he lives on his own.

He had his 2 daughters, 1 son, 4 grand kids and 2 great grand-kids around. That was 7 households visiting his. It's been like it there since it started. Some people are playing with fire, no doubt about it, and will only learn if the virus hits. With 1 in 65 people in Wales, probably even more where I live, with the virus symptomatically or asymptomatically there is, theoretically, a 9 in 65 chance that he was visited by someone with the virus.

Some people are beyond stupid. While most people are sensible this I'm alright Jack attitude is sickening, selfish and totally irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Some people are beyond stupid. While most people are sensible this I'm alright Jack attitude is sickening, selfish and totally irresponsible.
    It is completely selfish. There is a chance they will all get it, and not one of them gets ill. Well done to them. But, what they are doing is helping the virus breed. Half of them on the dole or "sickness" benefits, so their next pay cheque is guaranteed. The rest of us go week to week wondering if it is our turn to see our company make cuts.

It defies belief. I hope they werent there at the same time.?

It defies belief. I hope they werent there at the same time.?
    They were, and just realised I had left out a son-in-law in the list. For some reason the one daughter and one son didn't bring the other half. If the old guy gets it, he's going to struggle at best.

They were, and just realised I had left out a son-in-law in the list. For some reason the one daughter and one son didn't bring the other half.
    Did you spend your Christmas peering out of the window spying on the neighbours?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Did you spend your Christmas peering out of the window spying on the neighbours?
    It's ok, most of us realise by now that you tend to make any conversation a personal attack to cover your own deficiencies in life. Winning on a message board is very important to you. I could try to use reason, and in fact I will use reason. I saw three cars arrive just as I arrived at my parent's house. There were another two cars parked outside that I know belong to one of the grandkids and the son. So, no, this wasn't deduced from me sitting with my nose glued to the window. On with the next winning comment!

It's ok, most of us realise by now that you tend to make any conversation a personal attack to cover your own deficiencies in life.
    Firstly, anyone only needs to take a quick scroll through your posting history to see that you've been making regular personal attacks on me pretty much ever since you registered this latest in a long list of usernames. You've been the equivalent of a desperate cyber-stalker where I'm concerned for much of the last year. I can't help but notice you very much like to dish it out, but you really don't like getting it back. Therefore, when you decided you were going to start making snide and personal remarks about me, I reckon you selected the wrong target.

Secondly, the irony of being described as having 'deficiencies in life' by somebody who apparently spent much of Christmas counting his neighbours' visitors is not lost on me.

Thirdly, when you say 'most of us', which poor bastards appointed you as their spokesman?

They were, and just realised I had left out a son-in-law in the list. For some reason the one daughter and one son didn't bring the other half. If the old guy gets it, he's going to struggle at best.
    We literally have no chance with people like this.

We literally have no chance with people like this.
    True, we are pissing in the wind. The real effect is that strict rules have to be put on people who are compliant to compensate for people like this who will not follow any rules anyway.

The real effect is that strict rules have to be put on people who are compliant to compensate for people like this who will not follow any rules anyway.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.

That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Then maybe you should have read it without the intention of picking holes for your mission to win on a football messageboard - you got Organ Morgan so you are on a (t)roll.

Let me join the dots for you.

The virus is rampant in my part of the country. There are, roughly, 1 in 53 people with the virus. Why? Because there is practically no adherence to the guidelines from a sizeable portion of the area (my parent's neighbours being just one example, I could point out others but would be accused of curtain twitching I guess). Once you accept that the virus is spread by person to person contact, and most infections occur in households (Robert Koch institute Oct 27) - then you quickly realise that enough people saw the one house bubble and made it more - so the only option is to close those bubbles.

The result, people who comply with one household become zero household bubbles (cutting their risk), the people who weren't complying with one household bubble continue to be non-compliers anyway. Yes, the stricter rules technically apply to us all (to cut contacts and reduce risk), but the Government knows there are those that try to do as much as the guidelines say, and those who are ignorant and stricter guidelines will have minimal impact on that group.

The only measures that reduce this are the closing of public venues but that has already been done. No football matches for you to boycott, for example, for 9 months. Pubs have been shut for 6 weeks or more. Gyms have just shut, not sure when cinemas were last open and so on.

The point I was making, and perhaps not well, but then I've never been a writer nor felt important enough to blog about shooting from the lip, is that only I could visit my parents Christmas Day because of the guidelines. My sister could not. Our risk, when we talked about it, was low because she works from home, her boyfriend is home with long-term illness, I work from home, and my son has been home from school since the first week of December. On the other hand, my parent's neighbours have rarely followed the guidelines and so individually they pose a greater risk to the old guy than we pose to our parents. Since many people are asymptomatic, we decided not to take the risk - I've been in a bubble with my parents on and off for 3-4 months because of my son.

It will be interesting if you decide to talk about the points above like a grown man, or if you continue with your vanity project of winning on a messageboard.

The point I was making, and perhaps not well.....
    You said: "Strict rules have to be put on people who are compliant to compensate for people like this who will not follow any rules anyway."

Your point was nonsense. It's no more complicated than that.

Then maybe you should have read it without the intention of picking holes for your mission to win on a football messageboard - you got Organ Morgan so you are on a (t)roll.

Let me join the dots for you.

The virus is rampant in my part of the country. There are, roughly, 1 in 53 people with the virus. Why? Because there is practically no adherence to the guidelines from a sizeable portion of the area (my parent's neighbours being just one example, I could point out others but would be accused of curtain twitching I guess). Once you accept that the virus is spread by person to person contact, and most infections occur in households (Robert Koch institute Oct 27) - then you quickly realise that enough people saw the one house bubble and made it more - so the only option is to close those bubbles.

The result, people who comply with one household become zero household bubbles (cutting their risk), the people who weren't complying with one household bubble continue to be non-compliers anyway. Yes, the stricter rules technically apply to us all (to cut contacts and reduce risk), but the Government knows there are those that try to do as much as the guidelines say, and those who are ignorant and stricter guidelines will have minimal impact on that group.

The only measures that reduce this are the closing of public venues but that has already been done. No football matches for you to boycott, for example, for 9 months. Pubs have been shut for 6 weeks or more. Gyms have just shut, not sure when cinemas were last open and so on.

The point I was making, and perhaps not well, but then I've never been a writer nor felt important enough to blog about shooting from the lip, is that only I could visit my parents Christmas Day because of the guidelines. My sister could not. Our risk, when we talked about it, was low because she works from home, her boyfriend is home with long-term illness, I work from home, and my son has been home from school since the first week of December. On the other hand, my parent's neighbours have rarely followed the guidelines and so individually they pose a greater risk to the old guy than we pose to our parents. Since many people are asymptomatic, we decided not to take the risk - I've been in a bubble with my parents on and off for 3-4 months because of my son.

It will be interesting if you decide to talk about the points above like a grown man, or if you continue with your vanity project of winning on a messageboard.
    You make some very good points, and i agree in how the virus has been spreading (through people not following the Bubble guidelines) As For your spat with TLG, i'd say that it's you that is following him about the messageboard and making personal comments. It sort of devalues some of the very good points you make.

Meanwhile where shops are open.

Link next post.