Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
They may just have a better idea on how it works, but its not working, they have said the reason is lack of vans and drivers

so its not working and people who should be self-isolating are having to risk it and go to the supermarkets

maybe its time to think slightly outside the box for a few weeks

maybe have 2 options:

1, try and get a slot with the stores delivery drivers ( which isnt working )

or

2. get a local community driver to deliver it

looking at option 2, isnt it the same setup as the NHS GoodSAM system ( thats the setup the government has put in place to help out in England, I believe Wales have its own thing in place )

just checked on my GoodSAM app and it has a setting for :

Community Response volunteer: This role involves collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home.

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

So maybe the idea of local volunteers collecting and delivering shopping isnt that outrageous
I went on the Tesco website to look at driving for them as I have nothing else to do and they were asking for more drivers. ! had to fill out a 20 page application form in which they queried my CV for the last 20 years and asked me questions that had no relevance to what is happening or the job. Its a normal Tesco application process and oddly asked me nothing about my driving licence or criminal convictions.
I now have a mail saying it will be processed "In due course"
Not surprising they don't have as many drivers as they want yet!