Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Yeah Pato is frustrating, but we haven’t got many options and I suppose his good work goes a bit unnoticed with his chasing defenders down, making it more difficult for them. They know they are in a game but he lacks the basics of a good striker. His touch is awful.

I think it’s part of the tactic at the moment to have him on for 60 minutes wearing defenders down then Glatzel, who’s still getting used to the championship but showing signs of improvement to be fair, coming for last 30.

Tomlin and Bobby seem to have a good understanding too.
It's worked in 2 games so far, against a good Leeds team and what I found to be an average Preston, it wasn't expected against Leeds but I'll admit I was getting frustrated waiting for the changes Saturday. Yes the tactics have worked, but I'm convinced we won't always keep a clean sheet either so where it's worked so far to keep it tight and get players like bacuna chasing players down in their own half and the energy and bite that 3 give us (with my mate up top doing his bit) there will be a game where we fall behind and would have wasted 60/70 minutes keeping it right and wearing them down and we might not have the time to pull 2 back, especially as we chase the game.

I'm not knocking what he's doing, it works, bit I think he could let the shackles off a little sooner.