+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

  1. #1

    Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    https://youtu.be/HA4-4ifhixg

    Great guitar in this

  2. #2

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber


  3. #3

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    I thought Velvet Underground were one of the most influential bands that stalked the earth , they were so ahead of their time , to think they started in 1967 whilst others where singing fluffy pop songs , Loaded for me is probably the best album I've ever heard .


    And hey the Welshman John Cale was a the forefront of this astonishing sound ,born in Garnant in the Amman Valley.

    Go on for those who have not heard it delights give it a go :
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2WUuWkaqhDO5Qh

  4. #4

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/HA4-4ifhixg

    Great guitar in this
    Read a biography on Reed, woman beater, racist and generally a massive twat.

  5. #5

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Read a biography on Reed, woman beater, racist and generally a massive twat.
    That's pissed on my chips then

    He certainly had an odd upbringing , undergoing electric shock treatment to cure him of his alleged homosexuality

    And a life of booze and drugs

  6. #6

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's pissed on my chips then

    He certainly had an odd upbringing , undergoing electric shock treatment to cure him of his alleged homosexuality

    And a life of booze and drugs
    Reed may have married a transgender woman who he then dumped because she wanted her bits done to complete transition.

    The book is ‘Notes from the Underground’ from a bloke Souness.

  7. #7

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Reed may have married a transgender woman who he then dumped because she wanted her bits done to complete transition.

    The book is ‘Notes from the Underground’ from a bloke Souness.
    Souness ex liverpool ?

    Christ I thought he was just a thug

  8. #8

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    And the Coloured Girls go....
    Deplatforming words they are if we are going by today’s standards and cannot accept them for the context of their times.

  9. #9

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Souness ex liverpool ?

    Christ I thought he was just a thug
    Sounes, ‘Notes from the Velvet Underground’.

  10. #10

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    And the Coloured Girls go....
    Deplatforming words they are if we are going by today’s standards and cannot accept them for the context of their times.
    The accusation relates to him calling Bob Dylan ”a kyke” and Donna Summer “a nigger”.

    As for “...and the coloured girls go...” I’m assuming ‘China Girl’ by Bowie and ‘Brown Sugar’ by the Stones has now upset someone, somewhere?

  11. #11

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The accusation relates to him calling Bob Dylan ”a kyke” and Donna Summer “a nigger”.

    As for “...and the coloured girls go...” I’m assuming ‘China Girl’ by Bowie and ‘Brown Sugar’ by the Stones has now upset someone, somewhere?
    Ironically, Blue Mink's 'Melting Pot' song that lauds a multi-cultural future where all races and colours are fused together was banned last year from the Gold (radio station) playlist as it includes references to yellow "Chinkies”, “Red Indian boy”, “curly Latin kinkies” and “coffee-coloured people”.

    By the way, Herbie Flowers played bass on both 'Melting Pot' and 'A Walk On The Wild Side'

  12. #12

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ironically, Blue Mink's 'Melting Pot' song that lauds a multi-cultural future where all races and colours are fused together was banned last year from the Gold (radio station) playlist as it includes references to yellow "Chinkies”, “Red Indian boy”, “curly Latin kinkies” and “coffee-coloured people”.

    By the way, Herbie Flowers played bass on both 'Melting Pot' and 'A Walk On The Wild Side'
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g4TsySFCY1U

    Great remix

  13. #13

    Re: Lou Reed , one cool cucumber

    I'm a big fan of Reed's music, and have read a few biographies. Sadly, none of them paint a very good picture. It seems he was quite an unpleasant person.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •