+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Our service tonight

  1. #1

    Our service tonight

    Our service to the front players was absolutely abysmal. We could have had Harry Kane up front and still not had a sniff.
    I thought the effort from our players was second to none.
    How many more fouls before Hector got sent off?
    Hopefully we'll still hold on to sixth position after the weekend with Preston playing Forest, Derby playing Brentford and Jacks away to Leeds.

  2. #2

    Re: Our service tonight

    Harris has got us near the top six.
    A club with ambition would have us with a better manager and in the top two

  3. #3

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Our service to the front players was absolutely abysmal. We could have had Harry Kane up front and still not had a sniff.
    I thought the effort from our players was second to none.
    How many more fouls before Hector got sent off?
    Hopefully we'll still hold on to sixth position after the weekend with Preston playing Forest, Derby playing Brentford and Jacks away to Leeds.
    Not one single decent cross, long throw, corner or free kick in 90 minutes. The best chance we had, a free kick which Tomlin must have fancied, we rolled at snail's pace to Vaulks.

  4. #4

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Harris has got us near the top six.
    A club with ambition would have us with a better manager and in the top two
    Although I didn't expect we'd get three points from Fulham, I'm disappointed with the amount of chances we had to play a dead ball into their penalty box with no end result.

  5. #5

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not one single decent cross, long throw, corner or free kick in 90 minutes. The best chance we had, a free kick which Tomlin must have fancied, we rolled at snail's pace to Vaulks.
    I think the freekick was too wide for Tomlin to have a shot at goal. Moving the ball to a more central position was a decent option, but it was executed poorly and they reacted well.

  6. #6

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Harris has got us near the top six.
    A club with ambition would have us with a better manager and in the top two
    Thereís plenty of teams with as good squads of better way lower than us.

    Derby and Stoke have a better team than us But weíre above them. Fulham canít break into the top 2 despite spending millions.

    So much pessimism.

    No one has a given right to be in the top 2 regardless of squad

  7. #7

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not one single decent cross, long throw, corner or free kick in 90 minutes. The best chance we had, a free kick which Tomlin must have fancied, we rolled at snail's pace to Vaulks.
    I think teams like Fulham can get away with stuff like we play because they have a striker that can make something out of nothing. As I've mentioned above, I thought our commitment was second to none.
    Looking on the bright side, we're still in with a shout with three games to play. Would I have taken that at the beginning of the season? Too right I would have

  8. #8

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think the freekick was too wide for Tomlin to have a shot at goal. Moving the ball to a more central position was a decent option, but it was executed poorly and they reacted well.
    Agreed

  9. #9

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Agreed
    I don't, when's the last time you saw a goal scored from a free kick tapped to someone else? Defenders are out too quick these days to let it happen - the angle wasn't perfect, but Tomlin is good enough to score from there on occasions, I'm guessing Whitts would have scored two or three times out of ten from the same position if the angle had favoured a left footer.

  10. #10

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't, when's the last time you saw a goal scored from a free kick tapped to someone else? Defenders are out too quick these days to let it happen - the angle wasn't perfect, but Tomlin is good enough to score from there on occasions, I'm guessing Whitts would have scored two or three times out of ten from the same position if the angle had favoured a left footer.
    I think the poster was agreeing that the ball was played too wide as the OP said it was hit as snail pace which is wrong.

    Delivery was terrible tonight. Hardly anything went into a dangerous position and we must have had 20+ opportunities with free kicks corners and throw ins. This is where a player like Whittingham could do nothing all game but still create 2 good goal scoring opportunities in his worst game.

    Didn't really help that Fulham seemed well equipped to deal with our main threat. We don't seem to be as effective at set pieces lately. I'm no Nelson super fan but he has been very good since the break apart from the Blackburn game but doesn't give you the threat Bamba and Flint does.

    Also when we had Paterson on the right there was usually another target in the box.

  11. #11

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Our service to the front players was absolutely abysmal. We could have had Harry Kane up front and still not had a sniff.
    I thought the effort from our players was second to none.
    How many more fouls before Hector got sent off?
    Hopefully we'll still hold on to sixth position after the weekend with Preston playing Forest, Derby playing Brentford and Jacks away to Leeds.
    Terrible and predictable. Just pumping the ball into the box. Badly. Ineffective and boring.

    And Tomlinís introduction seemed to have little effect either which was a shame. I have come to reply on his involvement as the creative spark.

    That said, when we are all sitting at home thinking ĎWell just hoofing it into the box clearly isnít working and we are being beaten by a team that doesnít do ití doesnít it even enter the MANAGERíS mind that MAYBE he should think about an alternative approach? I mean, he IS a professional isnít he, and it IS his job after all.

    I know that Iím my line of work, if I kept doing the same thing over and over and it wasnít working, someone would have a word and if I didnít change, Iíd probably get the sack.

  12. #12

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I know that Iím my line of work, if I kept doing the same thing over and over and it wasnít working, someone would have a word and if I didnít change, Iíd probably get the sack.
    In your line of work, if you took over a team of employees, improved their performance and got significantly better results out of them than your predecessor did, would you get the sack?

  13. #13

    Re: Our service tonight

    Last night is a reminder of just how far off the pace we are.
    People talk up Paterson as a striker. Fulham had Mitrovic.
    ĎNuff said, really.

  14. #14

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In your line of work, if you took over a team of employees, improved their performance and got significantly better results out of them than your predecessor did, would you get the sack?
    If it then flatlined then yes of course I would as would be the case in any results driven business. Even the most basic understanding of business and logic would inform a complete simpleton that that is the case.

    No business stands still.

    Laughable that you donít know this. 😂😂😂

  15. #15

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If it then flatlined then yes of course I would as would be the case in any results driven business. Even the most basic understanding of business and logic would inform a complete simpleton that that is the case.

    No business stands still.

    Laughable that you donít know this. 😂😂😂
    How has it flatlined?

  16. #16

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If it then flatlined then yes of course I would as would be the case in any results driven business. Even the most basic understanding of business and logic would inform a complete simpleton that that is the case.

    No business stands still.

    Laughable that you don’t know this. ������
    What's laughable is your suggestion that a manager with Harris's record since his arrival should be facing the sack because they just got beaten by one of the best teams in the division.

    When Harris took over, the team was 14th in the table. Right now they're 6th. He's moved a side that was badly under-performing up into the play-off places under very difficult circumstances and without spending a penny on new players.

    If you think that is evidence of the side flatlining or standing still and a basis for giving a manager the sack, then you're either really dull or a massive drama queen. Or maybe a combination of both.

  17. #17

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't, when's the last time you saw a goal scored from a free kick tapped to someone else? Defenders are out too quick these days to let it happen - the angle wasn't perfect, but Tomlin is good enough to score from there on occasions, I'm guessing Whitts would have scored two or three times out of ten from the same position if the angle had favoured a left footer.
    Tomlin takes a decent free kick, but Whittingham was on another level.

  18. #18

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Last night is a reminder of just how far off the pace we are.
    People talk up Paterson as a striker. Fulham had Mitrovic.
    ‘Nuff said, really.
    Mitrović didn't really do anything apart from winning the penalty last night.

  19. #19

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Mitrović didn't really do anything apart from winning the penalty last night.
    Correct me if Iím wrong, but didnít he also take the penalty rather well?
    Whereas Paterson....

    The problem weíve got is that many of our best players left last summer and were not adequately replaced.

    Fulham took two of those players and have now added an edge to their already slick game.

    In other words, theyíve progressed and weíve gone backwards, so arguably their ď£100mĒ is paying off this season.

    To be fair to Harris, heís done well with the Warnock team heís inherited and two of the three (loan) signings heís been permitted to make have been fairly successful, whilst the other one hasnít started, so we canít judge.

  20. #20

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Correct me if Iím wrong, but didnít he also take the penalty rather well?
    Whereas Paterson....

    The problem weíve got is that many of our best players left last summer and were not adequately replaced.

    Fulham took two of those players and have now added an edge to their already slick game.

    In other words, theyíve progressed and weíve gone backwards, so arguably their ď£100mĒ is paying off this season.

    To be fair to Harris, heís done well with the Warnock team heís inherited and two of the three (loan) signings heís been permitted to make have been fairly successful, whilst the other one hasnít started, so we canít judge.
    Paterson had the better of their centre back and won about 4 fouls (weíve scored the most set pieces in the league).

  21. #21

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Paterson had the better of their centre back and won about 4 fouls (weíve scored the most set pieces in the league).
    And how many goals did we score from set pieces?
    Come to think of it, how many goals did we score?
    Are you seriously suggesting that youíd prefer Paterson in the team to Mitrović!

  22. #22

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    And how many goals did we score from set pieces?
    Come to think of it, how many goals did we score?
    Are you seriously suggesting that youíd prefer Paterson in the team to Mitrović!
    Iím saying yesterday Paterson did more than Mitrovic.

    Iím saying the constant slaying of Paterson is not taking into consideration what he actually does for the team.

  23. #23

    Re: Our service tonight

    I thought our 2 biggest problems yesterday were vaulks and ralls.. They were utterly horrendous. Hoillett was awful aswell, virtually anonymous. These are 3 players who I think have been brilliant in recent weeks. Maybe it's a fitness issue, lots of high pressure games coming very quickly. Could do with a bit of rotation and start using this big squad we have

  24. #24

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he also take the penalty rather well?
    Whereas Paterson....

    The problem we’ve got is that many of our best players left last summer and were not adequately replaced.

    Fulham took two of those players and have now added an edge to their already slick game.

    In other words, they’ve progressed and we’ve gone backwards, so arguably their “£100m” is paying off this season.

    To be fair to Harris, he’s done well with the Warnock team he’s inherited and two of the three (loan) signings he’s been permitted to make have been fairly successful, whilst the other one hasn’t started, so we can’t judge.
    Difficult to criticise Harris. When he arrived and we started talking about the play offs, I was practically laughing.
    However, what can he do in the championship next season ?
    I cannot see a lot of signings in the summer and I can see 90% of the squad remaining, so does that mean the same style and the same team line ups ?
    If that is the case 11th or 12th is where I see us next season

  25. #25

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What's laughable is your suggestion that a manager with Harris's record since his arrival should be facing the sack because they just got beaten by one of the best teams in the division.

    When Harris took over, the team was 14th in the table. Right now they're 6th. He's moved a side that was badly under-performing up into the play-off places under very difficult circumstances and without spending a penny on new players.

    If you think that is evidence of the side flatlining or standing still and a basis for giving a manager the sack, then you're either really dull or a massive drama queen. Or maybe a combination of both.
    I think some people will just dislike Harris whatever.

  26. #26

    Re: Our service tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Difficult to criticise Harris. When he arrived and we started talking about the play offs, I was practically laughing.
    However, what can he do in the championship next season ?
    I cannot see a lot of signings in the summer and I can see 90% of the squad remaining, so does that mean the same style and the same team line ups ?
    If that is the case 11th or 12th is where I see us next season
    I think there'll be some wheeling and dealing.

  27. #27

    Re: Our service tonight

    Couple loans in, one decent signing and as said above, wheeling and dealing.


    The league will be weaker next season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •