+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38

Thread: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

  1. #1

    FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Live on BBC 1 and BT Sport, ko 5:30pm.

    Was a time it was the biggest game of the year.

    Arsenal need a win to make The Europa League next season. If Chelsea win the cup then Wolves will be guaranteed a Europa League place (although Wolves still in with a shout of the Champions League providing they win the current Europa League title they are competing for).

    I think my earliest FA Cup final memory was the Leeds v Sunderland game in 73, watched it at a friends house. Waited 35 years after that to see my team play in a final.

  2. #2

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Live on BBC 1 and BT Sport, ko 5:30pm.

    Was a time it was the biggest game of the year.

    Arsenal need a win to make The Europa League next season. If Chelsea win the cup then Wolves will be guaranteed a Europa League place (although Wolves still in with a shout of the Champions League providing they win the current Europa League title they are competing for).

    I think my earliest FA Cup final memory was the Leeds v Sunderland game in 73, watched it at a friends house. Waited 35 years after that to see my team play in a final.
    Yeah my first recollection was Leeds v Sunderland as well. I used to love the BBC build up for the 3.00pm KO watching the fans coming down Wembley Way and the players coaches approaching. They Fcuked this cup up big time.

  3. #3

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    It had probably already lost some of its glamour but even late 90s as a kid watching it I remember it being far bigger than it is these days. Soccer am had a build up, then BBC or sky carried it on until kick off.

    For me the old wembley just came across as something special. New one is bigger and "better" but think the competition lost just a bit more of its attraction with the move.

  4. #4

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Live on BBC 1 and BT Sport, ko 5:30pm.

    Was a time it was the biggest game of the year.

    Arsenal need a win to make The Europa League next season. If Chelsea win the cup then Wolves will be guaranteed a Europa League place (although Wolves still in with a shout of the Champions League providing they win the current Europa League title they are competing for).

    I think my earliest FA Cup final memory was the Leeds v Sunderland game in 73, watched it at a friends house. Waited 35 years after that to see my team play in a final.
    That's the first final I remember too. Also watched at a friend's house. He was a Leeds fan, which kind of made me a Leeds fan for the day. I wish I could go back in time and enjoy Sunderland's heroics. And of course, revel in Leeds' misfortune.

  5. #5

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Everton v Sheffield Wednesday, 1966, is my earliest memory

  6. #6

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It had probably already lost some of its glamour but even late 90s as a kid watching it I remember it being far bigger than it is these days. Soccer am had a build up, then BBC or sky carried it on until kick off.

    For me the old wembley just came across as something special. New one is bigger and "better" but think the competition lost just a bit more of its attraction with the move.
    Having the semi finals there as not helped the cause.

  7. #7

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Having the semi finals there as not helped the cause.
    Totally. Ridiculous decision. Getting to Wembley is what's it all about.

  8. #8

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Was a time it was the biggest game of the year.


    stadium won't even be full

  9. #9

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Everton v Sheffield Wednesday, 1966, is my earliest memory
    & mine.

    A grey final, no interest for or against either of these sides.

    Might go for the Arse simply as they have Manxman Kieran Tierney in the side, possibly the first Manxman to play in the Cup final.

  10. #10

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Sunderland, everyone goes on about Leeds but sunderland and Newcastle are massive football clubs without the media hype or success of Leeds

  11. #11

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    1 - 1 after 27 mins..

    Decent enough game.

    What's with the font on the back of Arsenal's shirt


  12. #12

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    & mine.

    A grey final, no interest for or against either of these sides.

    Might go for the Arse simply as they have Manxman Kieran Tierney in the side, possibly the first Manxman to play in the Cup final.
    Arsenal for me. Because **** Chelsea and their fans.

  13. #13

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    & mine.

    A grey final, no interest for or against either of these sides.

    Might go for the Arse simply as they have Manxman Kieran Tierney in the side, possibly the first Manxman to play in the Cup final.
    Frank Lampard has some work to do for next season, Zouma and Rudiger look very awkward and slow. Christensen has come on and looks just as bad

  14. #14

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Not a bad game hope Gunners win

  15. #15
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,270

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Looks like our attendance record will be safe for another year

  16. #16

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Having the semi finals there as not helped the cause.
    Should have the semis at the millennium stadium

  17. #17

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    1969 Man City v Leicester for me, with a young Peter Shilton goal. Today’s referee not having a good game.

  18. #18

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Plenty of drama in this final. Red cards, injury, penalty, goals,

    still playing 103 mins

  19. #19

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    two seconds after I posted that the final whistle.

    FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea.

  20. #20

    Re: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    1969 Man City v Leicester for me, with a young Peter Shilton goal. Today’s referee not having a good game.
    Hopeless referee Taylor.
    That 2nd "bookable" offence.
    There was contact with both player's boots thats all but the protection of the boot of today is non existent.
    It obviously hurt and the Arsenal player rolls around like he's been poleaxed.
    Effectively game over.

  21. #21

    Re: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's handling of the FA Cup as the winning captain is hilarious.

  22. #22

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Tottenham v Burnley my earliest Cup Final memory, Danny Blanchflower sending Adam Blacklaw the wrong way from the spot is etched on my mind, 1962, God, I feel old.

  23. #23

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tottenham v Burnley my earliest Cup Final memory, Danny Blanchflower sending Adam Blacklaw the wrong way from the spot is etched on my mind, 1962, God, I feel old.
    That was before I was born. And I'm old.

  24. #24

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    1 - 1 after 27 mins..

    Decent enough game.

    What's with the font on the back of Arsenal's shirt
    Inspired by the old badge, apparently.

    https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/...go-unique.html

  25. #25

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Inspired by the old badge, apparently.

    https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/...go-unique.html

  26. #26

    Re: Arsenal v Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That was before I was born. And I'm old.
    Thanks..............I think

  27. #27

    Re: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Frank Lampard has some work to do for next season, Zouma and Rudiger look very awkward and slow. Christensen has come on and looks just as bad
    Its alright tho cos they've got loads of new attackers

  28. #28

    Re: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Live on BBC 1 and BT Sport, ko 5:30pm.

    Was a time it was the biggest game of the year.

    Arsenal need a win to make The Europa League next season. If Chelsea win the cup then Wolves will be guaranteed a Europa League place (although Wolves still in with a shout of the Champions League providing they win the current Europa League title they are competing for).

    I think my earliest FA Cup final memory was the Leeds v Sunderland game in 73, watched it at a friends house. Waited 35 years after that to see my team play in a final.
    For me, the all-time classic "day of the underdog" FA Cup final. High flying Leeds vs second division strugglers Sunderland. Jim Montgomery's amazing double save is etched in my memory as is the sight of the Sunderland players carrying manager Bob Stokoe on their shoulders at the end of the game. Wonderful stuff!

  29. #29

    Re: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    For me, the all-time classic "day of the underdog" FA Cup final. High flying Leeds vs second division strugglers Sunderland. Jim Montgomery's amazing double save is etched in my memory as is the sight of the Sunderland players carrying manager Bob Stokoe on their shoulders at the end of the game. Wonderful stuff!
    greatest save I have ever seen

  30. #30

    Re: FT: Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea. The FA Cup Final

    West Ham 3 Preston 2 in 1964 for me.

    Not a bad Final yesterday it's a sign of a very good striker at the top of their game that you know he is going to score six or seven seconds before the ball hits the net and that's exactly the feeling I had with the winning goal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •