+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: City man playing at Wembley today?

  1. #1

    City man playing at Wembley today?

    Joel Bagan, currently on loan at Notts County started their Play Off Semi Final against Barnet last weekend and did pretty well, so the odds are he'll be in their side at Wembley today when they play Harrogate with a place in next season's Football League at stake. I'd normally be wanting Harrogate to win, but because of Bagan and the fact that Neil Ardley is their manager, I'll be wanting Notts to win.

  2. #2

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Joel Bagan, currently on loan at Notts County started their Play Off Semi Final against Barnet last weekend and did pretty well, so the odds are he'll be in their side at Wembley today when they play Harrogate with a place in next season's Football League at stake. I'd normally be wanting Harrogate to win, but because of Bagan and the fact that Neil Ardley is their manager, I'll be wanting Notts to win.
    Yes I read he'd had a decent semi.
    Could luck to the lad. May be one who has a future with us.

  3. #3

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes I read he'd had a decent semi.
    Could luck to the lad. May be one who has a future with us.
    Nah, if he's any good, we'll sell him. City tradition.And we'll "forget" to add a sell-on clause.

  4. #4

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Ben Turner also playing for Notts.

  5. #5

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Ben Turner also playing for Notts.
    We know who we are rooting for then.

  6. #6

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Ben Turner also playing for Notts.
    Turner gave me one of my happiest moments as a city supporter. What with the Bagan connection too, definitely up for Notts Co today

  7. #7

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    I liked big Ben arriving into opposition penalty boxes

  8. #8

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Harrogate 1 - 0 Notts County

    4 mins

    Striker got in front of Turner to score.

    I'm in the Harrogate camp. Be good to have a new name in the league.

  9. #9

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Harrogate have a 3g pitch. If they win today, they have 6 weeks to rip it and put down grass. They only installed it 4 years ago

  10. #10

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    2 - 0

    Bagan gave away a free kick and Turner poor again to lose his man.

  11. #11

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Not looking good for Notts County.....a lovely little club that I have fond memories of visiting with City.....

  12. #12

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Harrogate 2 - 1 County

    46 mins

    Fast start to the second half

  13. #13

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    The boy who scored County's goal got a very good one last week as well - he's a talented player.

    Bagan not doing too badly, but I thought Ben Turner was a real candidate to be withdrawn at half time.

  14. #14

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    3 - 1

    70 mins.

    Harrogate have brought on Jon Stead. He always seemed to score against us (even though stats probably wouldn't back that up)

  15. #15

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Harrogate win promotion to League 2

    Sorry for the Cardiff connection at County but it's Harrogate's first ever time in the league.

  16. #16

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Congratulations to Harrogate on a deserved win - good game that.

  17. #17

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    yes saw most of the game and thought the best side won overall . i saw there previous game and they do knock the ball around mixed in with the long ball stuff too
    a solid defence and there midfield looked lively going forward
    will be interesting to see how they fare in league 2

  18. #18

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...8264030&page=2

    Here are the player ratings for the semi final - some nice comments there about Joel Bagan

  19. #19

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Harrogate have a 3g pitch. If they win today, they have 6 weeks to rip it and put down grass. They only installed it 4 years ago
    I spent a few months at Harrogate a few years back. Their pitch was in a terrible state, at one stage they had about 8-10 games in hand on other clubs.

    Simon Weaver is the son of the owner.

    Quite excited to see Harrogate in the EFL, and over the moon that Notts County get to spend another 12 months in the wilderness.

  20. #20

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The boy who scored County's goal got a very good one last week as well - he's a talented player.

    Bagan not doing too badly, but I thought Ben Turner was a real candidate to be withdrawn at half time.
    Do you see Bagan ending up as a centre half or a full back? He's obviously done well at left back this season but I'm not sure if he's totally comfortable there. He would've been a better bet at centre half instead of Turner today, not Ben's finest hour. Disappointing result for Bagan today but it's been a successful loan spell, he seems to have made a good impression.

  21. #21

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Do you see Bagan ending up as a centre half or a full back? He's obviously done well at left back this season but I'm not sure if he's totally comfortable there. He would've been a better bet at centre half instead of Turner today, not Ben's finest hour. Disappointing result for Bagan today but it's been a successful loan spell, he seems to have made a good impression.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him end up as a centre back - I thought he got caught out a few times at left back against Harrogate, albeit in a side that was chasing the game for almost the whole ninety minutes, but his quality shone through and he had a composure that many of his team mates lacked. I'd like to think that, if he is going to be loaned out again, he's done enough to show that it should be to a club in the Football League.

  22. #22

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    [QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5104471]Joel Bagan, currently on loan at Notts County started their Play Off Semi Final against Barnet last weekend and did pretty well, so the odds are he'll be in their side at Wembley today when they play Harrogate with a place in next season's Football League at stake. I'd normally be wanting Harrogate to win, but because of Bagan and the fact that Neil Ardley is their manager, I'll be wanting Notts to win.[/QUOT
    is this the lad that started against Reading in FA Cup replay Paul? If yes i thought he did okay.
    SJB

  23. #23

    Re: City man playing at Wembley today?

    [QUOTE=Sloop_Jon_Bee;5104899]
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Joel Bagan, currently on loan at Notts County started their Play Off Semi Final against Barnet last weekend and did pretty well, so the odds are he'll be in their side at Wembley today when they play Harrogate with a place in next season's Football League at stake. I'd normally be wanting Harrogate to win, but because of Bagan and the fact that Neil Ardley is their manager, I'll be wanting Notts to win.[/QUOT
    is this the lad that started against Reading in FA Cup replay Paul? If yes i thought he did okay.
    SJB
    Yes it is Spedger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •