+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Kev Johns

  1. #1

    Kev Johns

    Apparently he’s Swansea’s stadium announcer, been charged with child sex offences, mates just texted me, “Were they ten years old?”

  2. #2

    Re: Kev Johns

    ?

  3. #3

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ?
    It refers to a dreadful song our idiots sing

  4. #4

    Re: Kev Johns

    Isn't he a dj on swansea sound

  5. #5

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Isn't he a dj on swansea sound
    He was

  6. #6

    Re: Kev Johns

    Nothing on the news.
    Shouuld be careful before putting stuff like that on the net.

    It only takes one match to burn a thousand trees

  7. #7

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Nothing on the news.
    Shouuld be careful before putting stuff like that on the net.

    It only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...adium-18715659

  8. #8

    Re: Kev Johns

    I think it's wrong to name someone charged with such an offence before they are found guilty or not. If this turns out to be a pack of lies, Johns' career is still in tatters and his repute will forever be questioned.

  9. #9

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Nothing on the news.
    Shouuld be careful before putting stuff like that on the net.

    It only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
    Where do you think I got it from?

  10. #10

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think it's wrong to name someone charged with such an offence before they are found guilty or not. If this turns out to be a pack of lies, Johns' career is still in tatters and his repute will forever be questioned.
    I agree with that Eric.

    As a child protection specialist I've been involved in some high profile cases and believe that names of victims and the accused should remain out of the public domain while there is a judicial process.. most of the time anyway (when the authorities won't listen, when things are being hidden and covered up there may be good reason to release details to get the authorities to act, especially when there is compelling evidence - i.e. Epstein case).

    The clamour for the public to know the names and details don't serve the best interest of the victims anyway, it can work against the process of justice. Look at that twat Tommy Robinson, he gave the lawyers defending the grooming gang a compelling reason to get the charges dropped because Tommy was outside court revealing details which shouldn't have been released until the end of the trial.

    On the occasions when the allegations are false it can ruin people and is very unfair.. Matthew Kelly, Dave Jones and Cliff Richard to name a few.

    If the guy is guilty then of course throw the book at him, undertake an investigation (as there would be enablers that knew/helped) and importantly get the survivors help.

  11. #11

    Re: Kev Johns

    I remember dave Jones first game in charge , pre season against brom with Bryan Robson in charge , our idiots were singing that dreadful packet of sweets song at Bryan Robson with dave Jones just standing there

    Fecking wankers

    Agree that this guy should be given a fair trial

  12. #12

    Re: Kev Johns

    2 charges against 1 boy nearly 40 years ago. There must be some pretty strong evidence to have got that through the CPS for him to have been charged.

  13. #13

    Re: Kev Johns

    I agree, you should only be named if you are guilty.
    Too often innocent peoples lives have been ruined.

  14. #14

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think it's wrong to name someone charged with such an offence before they are found guilty or not. If this turns out to be a pack of lies, Johns' career is still in tatters and his repute will forever be questioned.
    What about that Tory MP accused of rape Eric.

    Should he have been suspended and effectively thereby named?

    Should they be named when actually charged or not until found guilty.

    Difficult one because there is the arguement that by naming them others come forward.

    On the other side of the coin if the accusation is false as you say careers and reputations can be ruined (I am not of course saying that the accusations in either case are necessarily false of course).

  15. #15

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What about that Tory MP accused of rape Eric.

    Should he have been suspended and effectively thereby named?

    Should they be named when actually charged or not until found guilty.

    Difficult one because there is the arguement that by naming them others come forward.

    On the other side of the coin if the accusation is false as you say careers and reputations can be ruined (I am not of course saying that the accusations in either case are necessarily false of course).
    The MP wasn't named because the (alleged) victim has a right to privacy. If he was named it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduce her identity.

  16. #16

    Re: Kev Johns

    I've never heard of him.

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,264

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The MP wasn't named because the (alleged) victim has a right to privacy. If he was named it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduce her identity.
    I'm surprised the name isn't out there yet (or maybe it is).

    A number of the press reports say the MP has been contacted for comment - but without naming him - so I imagine everyone in the national media and Westminster village knows who it is.

  18. #18

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm surprised the name isn't out there yet (or maybe it is).

    A number of the press reports say the MP has been contacted for comment - but without naming him - so I imagine everyone in the national media and Westminster village knows who it is.
    a tory former minister in his 50s.

    there can't be too many of those

  19. #19

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The MP wasn't named because the (alleged) victim has a right to privacy. If he was named it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to deduce her identity.
    That was one of the reasons given but I am sure I saw somewhere that she was upset he hadn't been suspended.

  20. #20

    Re: Kev Johns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    a tory former minister in his 50s.

    there can't be too many of those
    The press will know but after a court ruling recently (well the last couple of years) they are not allowed to reveal the name until he has been charged

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •