+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That head of the new coronavirus testing system ? Baroness Harding ?

That head of the new coronavirus testing system ? Baroness Harding ?

Shes related to Dominic cummings isn't she ?

The bloke who as a chief government adviser drove around the country breaking the lockdown ?

Well Well

Facing serious questions today about the lack of testing

The woman who was in charge when talk talk was hacked

We are in safe hands

Re: That head of the new coronavirus testing system ? Baroness Harding ?

Opened this thread fully expecting you to be lusting after an aged ropey looking bird again. Disappointed by the actual content.

Isn’t she named after a vibrator?

Rees Mogg has done little to enhance his reputation either today

He’s joined an elite Club, Johnson, Hancock, Shapps, Williamson, Cummings, The New Muppets.

Plus the only female allowed Dildo Harding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    whats he said ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    whats he said ?
    BBC News - Coronavirus: Jacob Rees-Mogg criticises 'carping' over tests
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54194333

No idea of the real world

Born with money

He won't have any problem getting a test

Look you are clearly not getting this.

If someone as busy running the country as Cummings is prepared to take time out of his hectic schedule to drive 80 miles to test his eyes then could the little people not start carping on about being asked to go on a 500 mile road trip just because they have a high temperature, persistent cough and can't taste their chicken nuggets?

Mogg is a cnut no idea about the real world.

I listened to Dido Harding and her colleagues being scrutinised by the Select Committee this afternoon. I'm no fan of the test and trace arrangements which have failed miserably but I have some sympathy with the issues they face. When you hear about the hurdles the test and trace people had to jump in order to set up the system such as developing a diagnostic industry from virtually nothing, coupled with Hancock announcing targets which he must have known could not be met, it's no wonder test and trace is the shambles it is. I shudder to think how they will achieve 500,000 tests per day when there is no capacity in the laboratories or trained staff to analyse the tests but I guess this will be another target that will not be met. You have to wonder whether test and trace are being set up to fail so the government will have someone else to blame for failure. The government would be far better off not announcing targets they must know will fail leading to even more criticism later on.

No doubt many on here will believe that if Labour were in charge things would go better but somehow I doubt it as the same practical difficulties would be faced but it's possible the messaging would be better as it could hardly be worse. I'm not going to reply to any further posts on this subject so don't bother having a go at me as everyone is entitled to their views even if they are not die hard Labour supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I listened to Dido Harding and her colleagues being scrutinised by the Select Committee this afternoon. I'm no fan of the test and trace arrangements which have failed miserably but I have some sympathy with the issues they face. When you hear about the hurdles the test and trace people had to jump in order to set up the system such as developing a diagnostic industry from virtually nothing, coupled with Hancock announcing targets which he must have known could not be met, it's no wonder test and trace is the shambles it is. I shudder to think how they will achieve 500,000 tests per day when there is no capacity in the laboratories or trained staff to analyse the tests but I guess this will be another target that will not be met. You have to wonder whether test and trace are being set up to fail so the government will have someone else to blame for failure. The government would be far better off not announcing targets they must know will fail leading to even more criticism later on.

No doubt many on here will believe that if Labour were in charge things would go better but somehow I doubt it as the same practical difficulties would be faced but it's possible the messaging would be better as it could hardly be worse. I'm not going to reply to any further posts on this subject so don't bother having a go at me as everyone is entitled to their views even if they are not die hard Labour supporters.
    It is all about lies lies and more lies a total shambles,trying to fool the country.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    It is all about lies lies and more lies a total shambles,trying to fool the country.
    I still don't understand this silly mentality "but Labour wouldn't have performed any better". How could they possibly know?

Labour in Wales and SNP have performed much better than England/National Government and with little resource and executive power. I just believe some people say this sort of thing to console themselves because they've been sold a pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I still don't understand this silly mentality "but Labour wouldn't have performed any better". How could they possibly know?

Labour in Wales and SNP have performed much better than England/National Government and with little resource and authority. I just believe some people say this sort of thing to console themselves because they've been sold a pup.
    Sold a pup and the rest of the litter all runts

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

My biggest gripe with all of this is not the scale of the challenge but the hype in response. We don't have problematic peaks and troughs of supply and demand for something set up from scratch. We have from the outset a world leading service. One minute the app is at its centre...the next it is the icing on the cake.

Targets are met for a day to meet Ministerial pronouncements then days later dwindle back to what they were before the self-imposed deadline. Performance indicators appear and disappear on political whim rather than informing us on where we are.

NHS Test and Trace was set up with Dido Harding as its head to report directly to the Prime Minister, not the Health Secretary. Since Public Health England has been scapegoated she has been rewarded for her efforts by becoming the Head of the National Institute for Health Protection which absorbs and amalgamates PHE and NHS Test and Trace.

Now running any of the existing bodies at a time of crisis could be overwhelming. Yet this government, in its haste to find a patsy in PHE decided to blow up the institutions in place and elevate and distract an already flawed leader like Dido Harding from her focus on ensuring adequate testing to similtaneously oversee and lead massive cultural changes in the machinery of government. It's not messaging it's how you best focus your resources to the biggest problem you anticipate you will face.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I'd give Dildo Hardon a fair crack of the whip first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd give Dildo Hardon a fair crack of the whip first.
    Yep i bet you would

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shes related to Dominic cummings isn't she ?

The bloke who as a chief government adviser drove around the country breaking the lockdown ?

Well Well

Facing serious questions today about the lack of testing

The woman who was in charge when talk talk was hacked

We are in safe hands
    Baron Hardups daughter, tailor made for a role in BoJo's pantomime government.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    My biggest gripe with all of this is not the scale of the challenge but the hype in response. We don't have problematic peaks and troughs of supply and demand for something set up from scratch. We have from the outset a world leading service. One minute the app is at its centre...the next it is the icing on the cake.

Targets are met for a day to meet Ministerial pronouncements then days later dwindle back to what they were before the self-imposed deadline. Performance indicators appear and disappear on political whim rather than informing us on where we are.

NHS Test and Trace was set up with Dido Harding as its head to report directly to the Prime Minister, not the Health Secretary. Since Public Health England has been scapegoated she has been rewarded for her efforts by becoming the Head of the National Institute for Health Protection which absorbs and amalgamates PHE and NHS Test and Trace.

Now running any of the existing bodies at a time of crisis could be overwhelming. Yet this government, in its haste to find a patsy in PHE decided to blow up the institutions in place and elevate and distract an already flawed leader like Dido Harding from her focus on ensuring adequate testing to similtaneously oversee and lead massive cultural changes in the machinery of government. It's not messaging it's how you best focus your resources to the biggest problem you anticipate you will face.

I'm continuously reminded of of an exchange in PMQs months ago when Keir Starmer said something like forget about "world beating", competent would be a start - September was supposed to be the month when the teething problems the test and trace system had were sorted out by.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I'm continuously reminded of of an exchange in PMQs months ago when Keir Starmer said something like forget about "world beating", competent would be a start - September was supposed to be the month when the teething problems the test and trace system had were sorted out by.
    I don't understand how other countries such as S. Korea, Vietnam, even Italy's airports, have a test that can give results within 30 mins while we can't. Why do we have to reinvent the wheel??

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I don't understand how other countries such as S. Korea, Vietnam, even Italy's airports, have a test that can give results within 30 mins while we can't. Why do we have to reinvent the wheel??
    Unfortunately it's a key component of the British (predominantly English) psyche: "We don't rely upon anything Johnnie Foreigner has achieved; we in Blighty can always do it better, because we're English and we rule the waves".

It goes a long way to explain Brexit and our Covid (mis) management.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Baron Hardups daughter, tailor made for a role in BoJo's pantomime government.
    doesn't she have some kind of role in horse racing as well? which could explain why racing events were allowed to resume a lot sooner than most other sports

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

SERCO Test and Trace was set up with Dido Harding as its head to report directly to the Prime Minister, not the Health Secretary. Since Public Health England has been scapegoated she has been rewarded for her efforts by becoming the Head of the National Institute for Health Protection which absorbs and amalgamates PHE and NHS Test and Trace.

Post amended. This is not NHS test and trace. It is privatised at massive cost to SERCO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    doesn't she have some kind of role in horse racing as well? which could explain why racing events were allowed to resume a lot sooner than most other sports
    The whole thing stinks of nepotism. It is bound to fail. Problem is Joe public is suffering not these 'favoured' elite.