Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
It is criminal, the man has left 1000's of people die for no reason apart from being inept and he will run up such big debts to be paid after this that'll it damage peoples lives for the next decade and all before his dream no deal brexit scenario kicks in from January. Like I said people should have been told to travel inside of the UK over the summer when the virus levels were low. A 2nd wave in the winter was inevitable but to have such a strong start and with winter not even arrived yet, it's going to be a long 6 months and I wouldn't be surprised to see around 100,000 deaths by March/April.

That is a massive advantage in Australia as the borders of the states are blocked, so at least the unaffected parts of Australia can carry on as normal as salvage what it can of the economy. I'm actually living in Melbourne, it has been a horrific six months. We are currently in week 12 of lockdown and not including the additional 4-5 weeks in March that we had. Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and Tasmania are all pretty much Covid free and some have been for 2-3 months now, NSW and QLD are in very low numbers each day, we in Melbourne have managed to get it from around 750 a day 5 weeks ago to an impressive 12 yesterday.
Strange that Sydney didn’t get so affected as Melbourne? I really liked living in Melbourne, it’s a great city with amazing coastline down the great ocean rd (hitching down there as a carefree kid back in 1990 was one of the best times of my life). At least you have summer to come now so hopefully things will be much better as it seems you’ve had it tough there for the last 6 months.