+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COVID - Something has to change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: COVID - Something has to change

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do I need to buy a stone island white jacket first or am I good to go in my vans and cargo shorts? I wouldn’t say I’m 100% behind the idea but I’m also not part of the bendover and take it allday long from boris and chums
    Burberry scarf please, keep it classy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This could be the catalyst for the social unrest goats wants
    I blame the nanny state.

One thing struck me as odd earlier. I have friends on social media who are all for an immediate return to normality to avoid any more harm being done to the economy. That's a fair enough angle. However, many of them are hardened Brexit supporters who have said they couldn't give a shit what damage Brexit does to the economy as long as we're out.

Weird times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One thing struck me as odd earlier. I have friends on social media who are all for an immediate return to normality to avoid any more harm being done to the economy. That's a fair enough angle. However, many of them are hardened Brexit supporters who have said they couldn't give a shit what damage Brexit does to the economy as long as we're out.

Weird times.
    Welcome to the free world, where the insane and confused are in control!!
    I’ve pretty much stopped using my social media after the tripe people have been posting over the past few months. Never knew so many racist, snowflake health experts existed out there!

At the end of the day we live in a selfish horrible world/society 😔 that unless something effects someone directly most people don't give a shite anymore.
    I'm OK Jack mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    At the end of the day we live in a selfish horrible world/society �� that unless something effects someone directly most people don't give a shite anymore.
    I'm OK Jack mentality
    God only knows what the elderly must think of the younger generation, I see some are stock piling bog roll and flour again.....I mean...ffs....what is wrong with some people.

200,000 tests on kids under 10 in the last 2 weeks, less than 1% positive. You have to wonder if parents know how to spot if their kids have what’s known as the common cold. What a waste of 198,000 tests, not that any testing is going on eh

200,000 tests on kids under 10 in the last 2 weeks, less than 1% positive. You have to wonder if parents know how to spot if their kids have what’s known as the common cold. What a waste of 198,000 tests, not that any testing is going on eh
    Why is a negative result a waste of a test?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why is a negative result a waste of a test?
    Because they are are hard to come by aren’t they? Kids get colds shocker. The fact that only 1% came back positive says it all. More weight to the argument that the youngest don’t really get it. You get back on the whisky lard

Because they are are hard to come by aren’t they? Kids get colds shocker. The fact that only 1% came back positive says it all. More weight to the argument that the youngest don’t really get it. You get back on the whisky lard
    Or maybe they had covid symptoms like fever, cough, etc.

Finding out who does and doesn't have covid is important.

Glad you came back and edited the post to get the insult in. Really hammers the point home, doesn't it? Can't believe you forgot the first time!

Or maybe they had covid symptoms like fever, cough, etc.

Finding out who does and doesn't have covid is important.

Glad you came back and edited the post to get the insult in. Really hammers the point home, doesn't it? Can't believe you forgot the first time!
    Both mine had a temperature and one had a cough, they both had runny stuffy noses also. It’s generally known as the common cold, I think it’s been around for a while. Some parents are able to realise this

Naturally people will carp from the sidelines. When things are seen not to work people look for blame.

However, the government is damned if they do and damned if they don't. People say we went into lockdown too late but now are saying the new restrictions are too tight suggesting we should let things get worse before taking precautionary action. People say the government's rules are too complicated but others say they are not clear enough by addressing every situation which would arguably add to the confusion. The government was criticised for allowing passengers from abroad to enter the country but when the quarantine arrangements were introduced that was wrong adding to the destruction of the tourist and hospitality industries. Some are saying the government is ruining the economy which has come about significantly through the cost of the furlough arrangements but others are saying the arrangements should be extended beyond the end of October. Now commentators are saying the new furlough arrangements are not generous enough and that even businesses and workers with no future should be given more money while others believe the government is throwing money away as we will all be taxed to high heavens in order to pay for the response.

It would be impossible for any government to please everybody but there is no doubt this government will be damaged by their response to the pandemic just as Labour was for the financial crisis in 2008 and it seems to me that people would complain whoever was in charge. My own view is that we should all just get on with it and comply with the restrictions government has put in place which up to now isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

It would be impossible for any government to please everybody but there is no doubt this government will be damaged by their response to the pandemic just as Labour was for the financial crisis in 2008 and it seems to me that people would complain whoever was in charge. My own view is that we should all just get on with it and comply with the restrictions government has put in place which up to now isn't happening.
    I agree. But we have a government where the man pulling the strings didnt comply.

"No government could have done much better..."

I think there may be one or two around the world who have.
    Agree a completely ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    But it didn't work last time. That's why we are where we are. You cannot eliminate the virus and have any sort of normality. We have to learn to live with it and living with will be easier when we have a vaccine. But we'll still have to live with it. Another full lock down would be disastrous in so many ways.
    It definitely worked last time, we reduced the number of deaths from over 1000 a day to zero and prevented the NHS from collapse!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It definitely worked last time, we reduced the number of deaths from over 1000 a day to zero and prevented the NHS from collapse!
    You mean they delayed the inevitable from summer months to the far worse, start of 6 months of winter.....

You do realise that hospitals stopped treatment for pretty much everything except Coronavirus and life-threatening emergencies during lockdown? I wouldn't describe that as a success.

You think Jeremy Corbyn would have done so much better? Could he have done worse. In my opinion Yes.
    I think that statement just confirms your personal bias. It would be stretching the imagination to think of anyone who could have done worse.

I think that statement just confirms your personal bias. It would be stretching the imagination to think of anyone who could have done worse.
    Possibly because the post I was replying to was personally biased; his post are very one way showing zero balance. You only have to read some of my earlier posts indicating my criticisms of this government in particular for the way they handled the Cummings debacle. Having said that Labour lost the election because the population at large could not see Corbyn as leader and voted Tory because Johnson was the least worst option. Needless to say I am not a fan of our PM either.

Possibly because the post I was replying to was personally biased; his post are very one way showing zero balance. You only have to read some of my earlier posts indicating my criticisms of this government in particular for the way they handled the Cummings debacle. Having said that Labour lost the election because the population at large could not see Corbyn as leader and voted Tory because Johnson was the least worst option. Needless to say I am not a fan of our PM either.
    Hang on a sec, I said that Theresa May and David Cameron would not have done things Johnson did do and has done. Yes, I come at things from a certain slant politically, but what party Johnson is in is immaterial in many ways - his personality and character is ill suited to the position we find ourselves in.

One other thing, I made my reply to what was little more than "ah but what if it had been Labour" style message which, when you think about it, only goes to show how poor this Government has been in handling the virus - using what iffery is usually a sign of an argument being lost or someone who cannot think of anything positive to say about their side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hang on a sec, I said that Theresa May and David Cameron would not have done things Johnson did do and has done. Yes, I come at things from a certain slant politically, but what party Johnson is in is immaterial in many ways - his personality and character is ill suited to the position we find ourselves in.

One other thing, I made my reply to what was little more than "ah but what if it had been Labour" style message which, when you think about it, only goes to show how poor this Government has been in handling the virus - using what iffery is usually a sign of an argument being lost or someone who cannot think of anything positive to say about their side.
    You also said you didn't blame people for voting for the Government. I'm not sure when you became the person who thought they had the right to apportion blame but, while your politics certainly are in the majority on this message board they most certainly are not in the country as a whole. You also acknowledged you come from things from a certain slant politically. If that's what you want to call it then fine but it seems like a very steep incline to me.

I agree with you about Johnson as my post quoted in your message confirms.

You also said you didn't blame people for voting for the Government. I'm not sure when you became the person who thought they had the right to apportion blame but, while your politics certainly are in the majority on this message board they most certainly are not in the country as a whole. You also acknowledged you come from things from a certain slant politically. If that's what you want to call it then fine but it seems like a very steep incline to me.

I agree with you about Johnson as my post quoted in your message confirms.
    I said I don't blame people for voting for this Government, how is that apportioning blame?

You mean they delayed the inevitable from summer months to the far worse, start of 6 months of winter.....
    No, just like what's happened in New Zealand it allowed the Government time to set up an effective track and trace strategy and also gave the NHS time to recover. New Zealand had a strategy of elimination and that's what we should have aimed for.

No, just like what's happened in New Zealand it allowed the Government time to set up an effective track and trace strategy and also gave the NHS time to recover. New Zealand had a strategy of elimination and that's what we should have aimed for.
    It would be very difficult to eliminate, but the UK is an island and that gives an advantage over most other countries.

It would be very difficult to eliminate, but the UK is an island and that gives an advantage over most other countries.
    Which we should have used and closed our borders all summer