+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

  1. #1

    Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    https://mol.im/a/8884139

    This evidence keeps returning

  2. #2

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    My Mrs heard about it early doors of the virus and I’ve been taken it regularly.

  3. #3

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    I can't find it, but I read a report the other day on vitamin D, which stated it was no benefit. It actually went on to say, it could possibly increase the chances of contracting testicular cancer.

  4. #4

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    With the massive disruption it is causing, there sees to be a credible case for making Vitamin D free to everyone. We need to open up the world again. And I am not a right wing, anti masker. I am really concerned about the effect it is having on so many people - those that have lost jobs and businesses, the young, and the people whose prespoects have been badly effected.

  5. #5

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    My Mrs heard about it early doors of the virus and I’ve been taken it regularly.
    I've been taking it for a few weeks now. Partly because I haven't been getting out that much to get a dose naturally, and partly because of recent reports about its covid benefits.

  6. #6

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've been taking it for a few weeks now. Partly because I haven't been getting out that much to get a dose naturally, and partly because of recent reports about its covid benefits.
    Do you think the covid benefits, could possibly come from marketing departments ?

    Only a question, not casting aspersions

  7. #7

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    With the massive disruption it is causing, there sees to be a credible case for making Vitamin D free to everyone. We need to open up the world again. And I am not a right wing, anti masker. I am really concerned about the effect it is having on so many people - those that have lost jobs and businesses, the young, and the people whose prespoects have been badly effected.
    vitimin D is free to everyone, yu just need to go out in the sunshine

  8. #8

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    vitimin D is free to everyone, yu just need to go out in the sunshine
    We live in Wales

  9. #9

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We live in Wales
    Winter months see sunshine benefits curtail its natural benefits, my doctor advised two years ago of its potential benefits, its certainly kept my colds at bay before that I'd pick up long lasting colds from the grandkids almost every winter .

  10. #10

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Winter months see sunshine benefits curtail its natural benefits, my doctor advised two years ago of its potential benefits, its certainly kept my colds at bay before that I'd pick up long lasting colds from the grandkids almost every winter .
    I take it every winter mate, makes a massive distance to my mood etc.

  11. #11

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Iíve been taking it for a few months now after Dr John Campbell started recommending it.

  12. #12

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Do you think the covid benefits, could possibly come from marketing departments ?

    Only a question, not casting aspersions
    Quite possibly, although I don't see any particular brand of vitamins pushing their own product.
    With me working from home and shielding due to being immuno-suppressed I've noticed me spending less time outdoors recently , so thought taking it wouldn't do any harm.

  13. #13

    Re: Vitamin D Benefits Raised Again

    I have a client who is an Indian ENT consultant and has been working on the frontline since March. He has been acutely aware that he and his BAME colleagues are more at risk of developing serious covid-19 symptoms and of dying as a result, so has been avidly researching all of the background factors that could influence this. A lot of research papers have picked up that many seriously ill patients with it have a vitamin D deficiency, while those without seem to recover quicker. He isn't 100% sure what role it has to play but has seen enough to make him think that a lack of it somehow seriously affects the body's immune system. He also pointed out that due to his skin colour and weak sunshine in the UK he would only develop a fraction of the amount needed while living here but back home the powerful sun would easily penetrate his darker skin and allow him to generate enough without the need for supplements. He also pointed out that muslim ladies are often more at risk as they are vey much covered up when outside. I take vitamin D tablets every day, despite my pasty faced Irish/Welsh complexion, just in case

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •