+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

  1. #1

    Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Can you travel here from England? Some friends want to hire an Airbnb for a few days over xmas but are they allowed? Lots of people travelling about, students etc?

  2. #2

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can you travel here from England? Some friends want to hire an Airbnb for a few days over xmas but are they allowed? Lots of people travelling about, students etc?
    Yes...travel within UK is permitted.

  3. #3

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    And staying over?

  4. #4

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Before the 2nd lockdown in England, if you were in Tier 2 or 3 you couldn't travel to Wales.

    I'm planning a Christmas visit before 23rd Dec, so waiting to see what bracket London falls into when they announce them on Thursday.

    I'm assuming tier 2 and 3 will again be prohibited from traveling? I hope not as last opportunity to get back pre Christmas.

  5. #5

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    And staying over?
    Yes. Maximum of 3 families can get together.

  6. #6

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Before the 2nd lockdown in England, if you were in Tier 2 or 3 you couldn't travel to Wales.

    I'm planning a Christmas visit before 23rd Dec, so waiting to see what bracket London falls into when they announce them on Thursday.

    I'm assuming tier 2 and 3 will again be prohibited from traveling? I hope not as last opportunity to get back pre Christmas.
    Unfortunately, that is likely to be the case.

  7. #7

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    There will be a million students roaming round the country, so a few more tourists won't make much difference.

  8. #8

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can you travel here from England? Some friends want to hire an Airbnb for a few days over xmas but are they allowed? Lots of people travelling about, students etc?
    Anyone living in a Tier 2 area in England will not be allowed to mix with other households indoors so that would probably preclude sharing an AirBnB - and that rule applies even if they are visiting Tier 1 areas (or any Welsh equivalent thereof).

  9. #9

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Before the 2nd lockdown in England, if you were in Tier 2 or 3 you couldn't travel to Wales.

    I'm planning a Christmas visit before 23rd Dec, so waiting to see what bracket London falls into when they announce them on Thursday.

    I'm assuming tier 2 and 3 will again be prohibited from traveling? I hope not as last opportunity to get back pre Christmas.
    Tier 2 people are not barred from travelling and can stay in their bubbles elsewhere overnight. Those in Tier 3 can travel into other areas but not stay overnight on any basis.

  10. #10

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anyone living in a Tier 2 area in England will not be allowed to mix with other households indoors so that would probably preclude sharing an AirBnB - and that rule applies even if they are visiting Tier 1 areas (or any Welsh equivalent thereof).
    Not mixing, they are one family who just want to come here....

  11. #11

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not mixing, they are one family who just want to come here....
    See above

  12. #12
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    9,475

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    I believe the ban on travel from/to Tier 2/3 areas is effective before and after the christmas period of grace. During the 5 day christmas 'window' travel and getting together (up to 3 households)is OK. It is a calculated risk which is why the governments of all countries are begging people to use the rules as a maximum they can do rather than a minimum the must do.

    So what TBG said is not strictly true.

  13. #13

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    The rules have changed so frequently I don't think anyone knows nor cares anymore

  14. #14

    Re: Travel to Wales from England post lockdown

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I believe the ban on travel from/to Tier 2/3 areas is effective before and after the christmas period of grace. During the 5 day christmas 'window' travel and getting together (up to 3 households)is OK. It is a calculated risk which is why the governments of all countries are begging people to use the rules as a maximum they can do rather than a minimum the must do.

    So what TBG said is not strictly true.
    What I said was true but, admittedly, I forgot to mention the regs during the 5 day Christmas window when everyone is welcome to kill off their nearest and dearest. I shall self-flagellate....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •