+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Looked to me like Wilson took a knock on his ‘funny bone’ in the game against Stoke. Painful but was never going to keep him out against Swansea. Could be a good bit of mind games by Harris which appears to have fooled the Swansea fans (not difficult I know) and hopefully the management in their planning.
    Unfortunately, nobody seemed to have told Wilson about this cunning plan. He was totally anonymous today.

The game was won before it even started. The first quality team the Bluebirds came up against, the inevitable happened. Better opposition, better manager, the gap in ability was there for all the Sky viewers would see. A reality check is needed here, before everyone gets carried away with the recent wins against teams that didn’t turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Harris was in a very difficult position in my opinion. Firstly, if he had changed a team that had won four on the bounce and they'd got beaten, he would have been slaughtered. Secondly, if he did want to make changes, what could he have done exactly?

You're right, though - they got away with it at Stoke. They didn't get away with it today.
    Agreed.

Thing is we talk of Swansea and their style as though it is unattainable. It is with the right people being employed. The buck stops with the board.

If people think that the board aren't at fault here then ask yourself if the Jacks would give the managerial job to Harris. Not a cat in hells chance. If Swansea brought Harris in their football would go backwards and they know it. Our board seem unable to see this and employ people in key positions that can't produce what is needed or what the fans want.

Harris was in a very difficult position in my opinion. Firstly, if he had changed a team that had won four on the bounce and they'd got beaten, he would have been slaughtered. Secondly, if he did want to make changes, what could he have done exactly?

You're right, though - they got away with it at Stoke. They didn't get away with it today.
    I still back Harris and agree about the starting 11. But after a shocker of a 1st half and able to use 5 subs I really think he should have made changes to the set up at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sorry Steve, he can’t attack, he can’t defend, he’s an ok player against lesser teams, but he’s useless against top opposition
    Jury was out first few times i saw ojo but he has turned out to be one of our better midfield/wide players.

At least he tried to move forward today and drew a foul and yellow card in the first half.

Pity he had the 2 in the middle with him who just weren't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Agreed.
    It would have been a brave manager to change a winning team.
    But imo he got the starting 11 wrong at Stoke as well, that should have rang alarm bells, thankfully he got his subs spot on that day.

Little options though, looking at the squad makes it clear we had a very poor transfer window

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Cleve van Leef. Steve Cooper's father is a Cardiff City fan.

I personally think NH, even though it has worked for us this last 3 weeks, got the 442 formation wrong today.

They bossed our midfield and he didn't seem to know what to do.
    We got to HT only 1 nil down but it could have been more such was their threat.

4 wins with the same team took its toll in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It would have been a brave manager to change a winning team.
    But imo he got the starting 11 wrong at Stoke as well, that should have rang alarm bells, thankfully he got his subs spot on that day.

Little options though, looking at the squad makes it clear we had a very poor transfer window
    I think it's clear that he doesn't rate many of the players that were on the bench today.

It was obvious from early on that 4-2-4 wasn't working. Should have changed the formation. Not convinced we would have taken anything anyway. A better side than us on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I personally think NH, even though it has worked for us this last 3 weeks, got the 442 formation wrong today.

They bossed our midfield and he didn't seem to know what to do.
    We got to HT only 1 nil down but it could have been more such was their threat.

4 wins with the same team took its toll in the end.
    What would you have done differently? Playing three in midfield didn't exactly work well for us earlier in the season.

Absolutely agree.

Now had that Vokes penalty hit the net, I would have expected Harris would have changed a few things. It didn't. We somehow scraped an unlikely win, but as it turns out, at a greater cost!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Jury was out first few times i saw ojo but he has turned out to be one of our better midfield/wide players.

At least he tried to move forward today and drew a foul and yellow card in the first half.

Pity he had the 2 in the middle with him who just weren't good enough.

So blame two other players for ONO’s lack of picking out a pass ?!?!?!?

He (ONO) lost the ball everytime he had it (apart from one Sky-er, which some people say was a shot)

We were well beaten but I'm not going to be as critical as many on here. After conceding a truly awful opener the writing was on the wall. Harria probably should've shuffled the team especially after the warning at Stoke but I can understand why he stuck with a winning formula. However, I can't fathom why it took 10mins to get Pack on after Ralls saw red during which they got the 2nd. It probably wouldn't have made a difference to the result but it was poor management and summed up the performance overall. Hope we learn from this setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul0453 View Post
    Cleve van Leef. Steve Cooper's father is a Cardiff City fan.

No he’s not, he’s an ex referee who meets & greets on match days FOR MONEY

So blame two other players for ONO’s lack of picking out a pass ?!?!?!?

He (ONO) list the ball everytime he had it (apart from one Sky-er, which some people say was a shot)
    The "ONO" thing isn't clever or funny. You're embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just over a year ago.
    Last season was embarrassingly poor from us, but I actually thought we played worse today than last year, and the jacks played better in today's game than last season, as well

What would you have done differently? Playing three in midfield didn't exactly work well for us earlier in the season.
    Sometimes you have to adjust for the opposition. Harry Wilson was utterly wasted out wide. I hope he never plays there again. He cannot influence games there and we're moulding him into a frustrated footballer. If we have someone of his talent, we need to get the best out of him. Perhaps he's not as good as we think. I'd have him in Harris's position in the middle next time out.

Ojo had a decent game. Vaulks and Ralls were overrun and never really got into the game. Because Swansea dominated the middle, their wing backs got forward at will, which meant we couldn't get our full backs into the game in an attacking sense, so we just kept hitting it long to Moore. Our tactics were completely wrong. I don't blame Harris for that, in that I wouldn't have changed a team that had won 4 games on the spin, but it didn't work today.

No he’s not, he’s an ex referee who meets & greets on match days FOR MONEY
    I've met Steve Cooper on several occasions over the years, he is a huge Cardiff City supporter.

What's wrong for accepting money for meeting and greeting on match days? Did you work for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Last season was embarrassingly poor from us, but I actually thought we played worse today than last year, and the jacks played better in today's game than last season, as well
    Agreed.

The "ONO" thing isn't clever or funny. You're embarrassing yourself.
    We appreciate your contribution

Totally embarrassed to be a City supporter today. There was no passion (pashun) in our players as if the local derby aspect to this game was missing. For me anyway, any and every Swansea vs City game is hugely important, Bristol City games pale into insignificance in comparison.

Having said that, Swansea were by far the better team, running circles around our midfield with slicker, quicker passing. We didn’t test their defence at all. Sadly they will probably do the double over us this season as their home game is at the end of March and by then the crowds will be allowed back in – definite home advantage at the Liberty then!

I still think had things been normal (i.e. no pandemic) and we had a full house of vociferous City fans at the CCS the outcome would have been different. Would the ref have chickened out on the second yellow for Swansea for example? The crowd would have got behind City and injected a bit of passion into them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I've met Steve Cooper on several occasions over the years, he is a huge Cardiff City supporter.

What's wrong for accepting money for meeting and greeting on match days? Did you work for free?

But his dad is not an “out and out” fan

We play in the 2nd tier with players who cannot pass and don’t run off the ball. Anything that goes right is an accident it seems.