+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SIMPSON MOVE COULD STILL BE ON SAYS BOURNEMOUTH MANAGER - LATEST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SIMPSON MOVE COULD STILL BE ON SAYS BOURNEMOUTH MANAGER - LATEST

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    More importantly and interestingly , what's the score with this player ?
    More confusing information today from Bournemouth management, so what's the delay?
    As I said before, he's a satisfactory " sticking plaster" in that position, but he's not Beckenbauer or anything and what concerns me is the danger that we'll bugger about negotiating with him and run out of time to get that vital cover .

It'd be nice of course, but we don't need world class replacements at right back and centre back, just competent players who won't leak goals and undo the constructive work of the rest of the team. That's vital because then we can perhaps get the results which in many cases we've deserved in terms of attacking play and see a positive outcome from the presence of such players as Moore, Wilson and Ojo
    I'm really excited about this signing if we can pull it off.
    I think he can be a lot more than just a sticking plaster or journeyman.
    He's only just turned 24, is already a capable player at this level.
    Ball playing left footed centre backs are a valuable commodity for teams who want to play out from the back.
    If we can give him plenty of game time he could be worth a lot more than 750k in a couple of years time when he's heading into his peak years. Far better than signing more 30 year olds that are going to have zero resell value in a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm really excited about this signing if we can pull it off.
    I think he can be a lot more than just a sticking plaster or journeyman.
    He's only just turned 24, is already a capable player at this level.
    Ball playing left footed centre backs are a valuable commodity for teams who want to play out from the back.
    If we can give him plenty of game time he could be worth a lot more than 750k in a couple of years time when he's heading into his peak years. Far better than signing more 30 year olds that are going to have zero resell value in a season or two.
    Do you mean 'sticking plaster' as in 'Band-Aid' or as in building material that is adhered to walls to create a flat surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you mean 'sticking plaster' as in 'Band-Aid' or as in building material that is adhered to walls to create a flat surface?

Lol
    Yes I avoided pointing out that this was another expression capable of different meanings because I really don't want this interesting thread side tracked into something negative , but fair enough .
    Reluctantly , and against my better judgement I'll add that in both cases they're metaphors , so really they can mean anything you like can't they ?

Lol
    Yes I avoided pointing out that this was another expression capable of different meanings because I really don't want this interesting thread side tracked into something negative , but fair enough .
    Reluctantly , and against my better judgement I'll add that in both cases they're metaphors , so really they can mean anything you like can't they ?
    Ya, like saying John Wayne is a "dodgy Builder"

999 people out of 1000 would say a "journeyman", is someone who has had several clubs employ him and in this country means NOTHING ELSE !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

999 people out of 1000 would say a "journeyman", is someone who has had several clubs employ him and in this country means NOTHING ELSE !

journeyman
    (dʒɜːʳnimən )
    Word forms: plural journeymen
    1. COUNTABLE NOUN
    In former times, a journeyman was a worker who had finished learning a trade and who was employed by someone rather than working on his or her own.
    2. COUNTABLE NOUN [oft NOUN noun]
    If you refer to someone as a journeyman, you mean that they have the basic skill which their job requires, but are not very talented or original.
    [journalism]
    Douglas was a 29-year-old journeyman fighter, erratic in his previous fights.

You must write to both the Oxford New English Dictionary and Collins and correct them !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

There’s even a ‘made up’ word for the opposite of journeyman in football parlance....oneclubman, so journeyman is sort of self explanatory.

I'm out of this conversation then. Some nasty people frankly.

Don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Don't bite.

C’mon now Ronnie, don’t go trying nine or ten other messageboards, you know what they’ll start calling you
    It’s all in good fun mate.........well most of it is

Ignore them and be the bigger man............oh, hang on, that’s Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ignore them and be the bigger man............oh, hang on, that’s Simpson.
    High jacking this thread again I see