+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 179

Thread: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

  1. #121

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    much more comfortable seeing out the game with a couple of subs on compared to Coventry where we ran the players into the ground
    I'm so glad we went out of the cup early on for this reason.

    Tonight was good but still think we've got harder tests to come. Could start the same eleven against Preston and would be favourites but (probably) can't do that Saturday, midweek, Saturday on repeat and maximise chances of success against Bournemouth and Boro. Huddersfield aside, March looks like a tough month too, especially with massive international games (x2) into the mix.

    Vaulks and Nelson really enjoying playing under MM though and it's good to see.

  2. #122

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    much more comfortable seeing out the game with a couple of subs on compared to Coventry where we ran the players into the ground
    Yes there was good energy from Bacuna and Bagan when they came on . I thought Watters looked a little lost though

  3. #123

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Pause it on a BIG screen, he’s offside
    Never offside, ref didn’t give it, linesman didn’t, not even mentioned by the pundits and more pointedly Nathan Jones, who no doubt had studied the monitors before his post match interview and would have definitely brought it up had he thought they’d been hard done by, criticised his defenders with no hint of an offside gripe. The ball was launched from way back and Flint was ok.

  4. #124

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Bagan did well and I think you're right, he's improving all the time. He can certainly pick a pass well.

    I like Bacuna in midfield and would hope we never ever see him playing full back again.
    Its no coincidence that we have won the last four with Bacuna out of the side. He doesn't put enough effort in and our midfield is wide open with him in it.

  5. #125

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Its no coincidence that we have won the last four with Bacuna out of the side. He doesn't put enough effort in and our midfield is wide open with him in it.
    Bacuna certainly looked to me like he wasn't happy playing at fullback under Harris, some of his play looked half arsed at times.

  6. #126

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never offside, ref didn’t give it, linesman didn’t, not even mentioned by the pundits and more pointedly Nathan Jones, who no doubt had studied the monitors before his post match interview and would have definitely brought it up had he thought they’d been hard done by, criticised his defenders with no hint of an offside gripe. The ball was launched from way back and Flint was ok.

    Even Stevie Wonder could see he was offside

  7. #127

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Solid away performance for me. Vaulks, Pack and Nelson played really well. It’s lovely having a player like Wilson able to pop up with goals like tonight’s.

    Mick and TC deserve a lot of credit for what they’ve done so far. Long may it continue!

  8. #128

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never offside, ref didn’t give it, linesman didn’t, not even mentioned by the pundits and more pointedly Nathan Jones, who no doubt had studied the monitors before his post match interview and would have definitely brought it up had he thought they’d been hard done by, criticised his defenders with no hint of an offside gripe. The ball was launched from way back and Flint was ok.
    Even if Jones had whinged about it he could hardly complain when City should have had at least one penalty!

  9. #129
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,105

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Even Stevie Wonder could see he was offside
    What were you looking at to think Flint was offside?

    The Sky coverage follows the ball and it looks as if Flint came from an onside position to head it down to Wilson.

    If some other footage shows something different I want to see it.


    Stevie W.

  10. #130

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What were you looking at to think Flint was offside?

    The Sky coverage follows the ball and it looks as if Flint came from an onside position to head it down to Wilson.

    If some other footage shows something different I want to see it.


    Stevie W.
    Not one Luton player appealed for offside.

  11. #131
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,074

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    I was happy Wilson scorted. He seems like the kind of player who needs it to play at his best and he hasn't scorecd for a little while.
    Besides that its good to see goals coming from different players, it gives the next oponents something more to have to think about.

  12. #132

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Even Stevie Wonder could see he was offside
    What's black and screams?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Stevie Wonder answering the iron

  13. #133

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not one Luton player appealed for offside.

    Have a look on a BIG SCREEN, he’s offside, as the ball is hoofed forward, he is at least a half a yard in front of their last defender, in the middle

  14. #134

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have a look on a BIG SCREEN, he’s offside, as the ball is hoofed forward, he is at least a half a yard in front of their last defender, in the middle
    I haven't got a 'BIG SCREEN'

  15. #135

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have a look on a BIG SCREEN, he’s offside, as the ball is hoofed forward, he is at least a half a yard in front of their last defender, in the middle
    Are you saying Flint is offside when he heads it back to Wilson? How on earth can you tell that? When the ball is played to Flint, he's not even in the picture. Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.44.24 PM.jpg

  16. #136

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was happy Wilson scorted. He seems like the kind of player who needs it to play at his best and he hasn't scorecd for a little while.
    Besides that its good to see goals coming from different players, it gives the next oponents something more to have to think about.
    Go on, have another go

  17. #137

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Second similar post in a week. Nothing like offside and I think maybe people don't understand the offside rule.

  18. #138

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Much as I do like to see him on the ropes occasionally, I have to agree with BT on this one.

    Flint did look a tad offside when they showed the replay from further up the pitch looking back, but as the camera wasn't in line, there is an element of doubt.

    Thank God we have no VAR!

    Edit: By the way, I think Flint deserves a mention as I thought he was excellent today, arguably his best game in a City shirt.

  19. #139

    Re: FT: LUTON TOWN 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Much as I do like to see him on the ropes occasionally, I have to agree with BT on this one.

    Flint did look a tad offside when they showed the replay from further up the pitch looking back, but as the camera wasn't in line, there is an element of doubt.

    Thank God we have no VAR!

    Edit: By the way, I think Flint deserves a mention as I thought he was excellent today, arguably his best game in a City shirt.
    He looked on to me, the camera was at an angle so he looked offside initially but if you look at the lines in the grass he looks on

    None of the Luton players or Jones appealing for it is telling imo

  20. #140

    Re: LUTON TOWN v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Have a look on a BIG SCREEN, he’s offside, as the ball is hoofed forward, he is at least a half a yard in front of their last defender, in the middle
    I don't think he was when the ball was played

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •