+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: McBirnie

  1. #1

    McBirnie

    I know that many have a blinkered view of the guy but I can honestly say that I have seen better strikers on Cardiff parks pitches.

    He has had a fair bit of service, (comparatively) and on one occasion he received the ball in a great position in the pelanty area having at least two yards on his man, then mis-controlled it to the extent that the defender got to it and cleared.

    How is he anywhere near the EPL?
    We moan about our strikers but this guy is positively stealing a living.

  2. #2

    Re: McBirnie

    I don't know what Wilder was thinking buying him as an EPL player. And for almost 20M. He's nowhere near that standard. Moore is a better player.

  3. #3

    Re: McBirnie

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know what Wilder was thinking buying him as an EPL player. And for almost 20M. He's nowhere near that standard. Moore is a better player.
    No doubt in my mind.

    Imagine being a SU fan.
    Madine is still taking stick on here and he was a quarter of the price.

  4. #4

    Re: McBirnie

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I know that many have a blinkered view of the guy but I can honestly say that I have seen better strikers on Cardiff parks pitches.

    He has had a fair bit of service, (comparatively) and on one occasion he received the ball in a great position in the pelanty area having at least two yards on his man, then mis-controlled it to the extent that the defender got to it and cleared.

    How is he anywhere near the EPL?
    We moan about our strikers but this guy is positively stealing a living.
    He looks slow, unfit and like he doesn't give a shit.

  5. #5

    Re: McBirnie

    201819 Championship season: 42 league games and 22 goals.

    Oli McBurnie has won the second-most aerial duels in the Premier League this season - having played fewer than half of the minutes available (1085/2250). On average, he wins an aerial duel every nine minutes. (https://theathletic.com/2406317/2021...ams-low-block/)

    He does have some strengths and some weaknesses, clearly.

  6. #6

    Re: McBirnie

    I hate him but at the time it was a fair price

    Zohore was leaving for roughly 15m at the same time

  7. #7

    Re: McBirnie

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    201819 Championship season: 42 league games and 22 goals.

    Oli McBurnie has won the second-most aerial duels in the Premier League this season - having played fewer than half of the minutes available (1085/2250). On average, he wins an aerial duel every nine minutes. (https://theathletic.com/2406317/2021...ams-low-block/)

    He does have some strengths and some weaknesses, clearly.
    The stats you highlight are interesting.

    1 The aerial duals is a bit of a surprise at first glance but it is most likely due to the SU style of play compared to other teams.

    2 He got his big move based on, the impressive, Championship season.

    If he proves me wrong in the future then I will happily eat humble pie but I can't see it somehow.

  8. #8

    Re: McBirnie

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He looks slow, unfit and like he doesn't give a shit.
    If he doesn't give a shit then he must be as thick as shit.

    Every EPL match is shown around the globe and even if you are playing in the worst team in the league, one that is going down, you can still put yourself in the largest shop window there is.

    If he really doesn't give a shit then I really hope that's the last we see of him in top flight football.

  9. #9

    Re: McBirnie

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    2018–19 Championship season: 42 league games and 22 goals.

    Oli McBurnie has won the second-most aerial duels in the Premier League this season - having played fewer than half of the minutes available (1085/2250). On average, he wins an aerial duel every nine minutes. (https://theathletic.com/2406317/2021...ams-low-block/)

    He does have some strengths and some weaknesses, clearly.
    What does winning an ariel duel mean though? Outjumping someone and getting a touch? From any type of ball played? The ball skims off the top of your head and goes anywhere? If he's winning headers from crosses into the box he's obviously not doing much with them because scoring goals in the EPL is not one of his strengths, it's one of his weaknesses. For me, "winning ariel duels" is something you look for in a League 2 player.

  10. #10

    Re: McBirnie

    And he’s keeping Brewster out of the side!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •