+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Ralls and Bacuna

  1. #1

    Ralls and Bacuna

    How did Ralls play the whole game, tonight?

    He was the worst player on the pitch, and stank the place out.

    He’s never been quick, but tonight he looked like he was running in quicksand, and makes Pack look like an Olympic sprinter.

    He was a peripheral figure, in a team full of shocking performances. Should have come off at half time, or on the 60 minute mark.

    And if you’re Bacuna, what are you thinking sat on the bench?

    Excellent performance midweek, scored two terrific goals, and gets dropped.

    Sits there and watches that lifeless garbage, and doesn’t even get a game. Common sense tells you he’s going to want to bust a gut, to get one over on his brother.

    Awful management by MM.

    Yes, great unbeaten run, but the man’s a footballing dinosaur. Doesn’t make good use of the bench, at all.

    There’s no progression from the team, just set pieces and long throws. It’s as painful to watch as it’s been for the last few seasons, and will be again next season.

    The club have missed an opportunity to try and drag the club in to the modern era in the off season, by appointing a younger coach with a different ethos.

  2. #2

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    It's hard to be harsh on MM, and this post as an overall aggressive tone after a poor result but I tend to agree.

    I think the club made a great appointment in MM on a 6 month deal but in typical City style they panic, I still don't think we have any long term plan. I feel in a year we will be in exactly the same placelooking at new managers

  3. #3

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    You don’t want the club to do well, do you? Your glass is always half full.

  4. #4

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    You donít want the club to do well, do you? Your glass is always half full.
    He's a jack or just a weirdo. Or both?

  5. #5

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Anyway, about Ralls. I posted this in the match thread......

    When was the last time Ralls grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck?
    I've said it many times on here... he's one-paced, his passing is generally poor, he seldom drives forward with the ball and just isn't smart enough in possession.

    Then along come his little band of supporters to tell you that in fact, he's a solid Championship midfielder, who'd walk into the side of most teams in this division.

  6. #6

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    What a suprise. The op and the 2nd poster so predictable.

    Sometimes this board is pathetic.

    Lee Tomlins right to reply to bullshit gets deleted but this stuff like this stays.

  7. #7

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    He's a jack or just a weirdo. Or both?
    Both.

  8. #8

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Both.
    I don't think he's a jack, he's a very boring wind up merchant. I'm pretty sure it was him who was not heard from for months on end during our Championship winning season in 12/13, but then began to put in the occasional appearance when we started to draw a lot of games in the run in to what was a comfortable title win - when challenged about why we'd not heard from him when we were winning, he came up with the laughable excuse that he had been having problems with his computer .

  9. #9

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    The results reflect that MM has got most things right since he joined so I think the OP is a little harsh. Saying that, I agree that playing Ralls was a huge mistake last night. One paced and didn't really stamp any authority on the game.

    We needed Packs passing and composure. He knows when to play forward and when to play back. Ralls is a very bad decision maker in games like that.

    Also, why drop Pack? He didn't need a rest any more than any other player and in fact MM didn't start him for the first few games so had had less game time.

  10. #10

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    The results reflect that MM has got most things right since he joined so I think the OP is a little harsh. Saying that, I agree that playing Ralls was a huge mistake last night. One paced and didn't really stamp any authority on the game.

    We needed Packs passing and composure. He knows when to play forward and when to play back. Ralls is a very bad decision maker in games like that.

    Also, why drop Pack? He didn't need a rest any more than any other player and in fact MM didn't start him for the first few games so had had less game time.
    Last night's game was the best option to rest players before three games in eight days with two of those being top four teams. Ralls looked rusty and that sort of performance against Watford or Swansea would have really damaged our chances of picking up a point. We're seeing slightly better squad management under MM.

    Someone compared it to Wycombe in matchday thread and I'd agree that it shows how we've improved: better results against the worst sides in the league, and continuing to be a midtable monster. Our next challenge is set with third and fourth best sides (in form table) to come.

  11. #11

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    I thought it was odd to start with Ralls considering how Pack has been playing but even stranger was letting him go the full 90 when he was clearly off the pace. I thought he should have been hooked after half time and put it down to rust.

    Dropping Bacuna after a MOTM performance was also strange, and to not bring him on when the game needed a spark also.

    Huddersfield defended well and nullified our threats (as did middlesborough) so let's just take the point and clean sheet and move on. 4 games in 9 days across the country and still unbeaten!

  12. #12

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Anyway, about Ralls. I posted this in the match thread......

    When was the last time Ralls grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck?
    I've said it many times on here... he's one-paced, his passing is generally poor, he seldom drives forward with the ball and just isn't smart enough in possession.

    Then along come his little band of supporters to tell you that in fact, he's a solid Championship midfielder, who'd walk into the side of most teams in this division.
    I don't think he is the type to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. More one or the others who likes to press, like a Bryson, Cowie, Arter. I've always been a bug Ralls fan but he really doesn't seem to have pushed on the last couple of seasons.
    Problem is we have a lot of similar midfielders

  13. #13

    Re: Ralls and Bacuna

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    You donít want the club to do well, do you? Your glass is always half full.
    Half empty, rather.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •