Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
I honestly don't believe that the Welsh Tories would have pushed the M4 relief road through either. the project made no sense financially. unless the firm's that were doing it were large Tory donors I can't see them having the appetite for it.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Tories do well (labour fatigue, Tory MP's in North Wales from last Westminster elections but actually vote increase larger in the south) but, imo, I can't see what they have done to deserve it.

Regarding M4 relief road, if it does get made you almost instantly have to thing about a second relief road and that's only going to cause greater damage to the environment. Meanwhile, floods in Wales get worse.

Regarding Covid, ignoring the fire-breal idea, delay of lockdown in England, schools going back for one day all contributed to more sustained level of grief under a Tory government this winter.

In the big event of the year (covid) and big event of the next 10-15 years (climate change) Tories haven't stood up well. All while making cuts to any project in Wales at Westminster level or ignoring Wales completely.