Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I think back to what it felt like when it was learned that a billionaire was going to take over the club and think “is this it then?”, because more than a decade later, we’re slightly worse off in terms of league position, much worse off in terms of quality of football and much worse off in terms of producing our own players.

However, I cannot be anything other than grateful for Vincent Tan’s financial support and the debt and interest payments he has written off (although the amount written off is not as much as was promised a few years ago I believe).

The rebrand was a disaster of Vincent Tan’s own making - in some ways, the club has not recovered from it, but when people say he’s the best owner we’ve ever had, I can understand why they would say that. That said, for me, we could and should have been so much better than we’ve turned out and so I can’t agree with that viewpoint.
We got to the Premier league, and he gave McKay cash to spend, but he wasted it. It’s not all Tans fault we are where we are.