There’s no doubt that, in terms of money invested, Vincent Tan is City’s best owner by a distance and as someone who constantly rubbished “Tan’s folly”, I have to admit he was proved right about the Ninian Stand extension during 18/19 and I was proved wrong.
However, the rebrand has already been mentioned and you cannot help but think there’s been very little return, both for himself and the club, on all of that investment- if it’s true that there have been “multiple promotions” to the Premier League under Vincent Tan’s ownership, then it has to follow that there’s also been multiple relegations.

A personal view is that the style of football has got a lot less attractive under Vincent Tan’s charge, but I don’t think he should be blamed for that. Given that he’s waived interest payments on his loans so often and has been taking steps to reduce the club’s debt, albeit slower than promised a few years ago, the plans to donate half of his money to charity shouldn’t come as a surprise.

I’ll always feel that, on balance, Vincent Tan has done a lot more good than bad at Cardiff City, but, if he were to leave today, my view would be that his time here would have to be thought of as a great opportunity wasted.