+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bollocks. The club was in serious threat of going into administration before Tan got involved.
    Sure thing.

As I recall, when Tan initially got involved in the club (albeit as something of a sleeping partner), it was in the Championship play-off positions but also deep in debt and losing money hand over fist. As things stand, the club is just outside the Championship play-off positions, deep in debt and losing money hand over fist.

I guess the biggest difference you'll highlight is that City are now perceived by many as being financially secure, but is that actually true? After all, we're continually told that CCFC is almost totally reliant upon Vinnie's continued goodwill and financial support, which is hardly a position of strength. After all, what happens if this man who lives on the other side of the world suddenly snuffs it? How would the club fare in such a situation?

I've always believed that you can only truly evaluate a football club owner's tenure is once it's finished. Will CCFC be in a better position after Tan has gone than it was when he took over? Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You might as well ask me what my opinion of Vincent Tan would be if he was somebody entirely different who behaved entirely differently. Utterly pointless question, really. However, if you want to assess things from a football perspective while taking nothing else into consideration, the truth is the club is no further forward now that it was when Tan took control.
    I wasn’t looking for your opinion on him as a person, that’s why i said his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I wasn’t looking for your opinion on him as a person, that’s why i said his tenure.
    I'd say the two are intrinsically linked, wouldn't you?

When you read all that, and realise the vast amount of his wealth and business interests, Cardiff City must be like a box of monopoly to him. Hidden away, and brought out to play with every now and then. 😂

Does anyone remember when a group of fans dressed up in Malaysian costumes and flags to persuade Vincent Tan to stay after the initial objection to the rebrand

They were in their fifties

It was like something out of a pantomime

I thought it was so cringeworthy it had me in stitches

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Does anyone remember when a group of fans dressed up in Malaysian costumes and flags to persuade Vincent Tan to stay after the initial objection to the rebrand

See it as educational, It would have been the nearest any of them had ever got to a geography lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Big Gwyn dressed his dog up in a red shirt I seem to recall. Now that was ****ing cringeworthy.

Big Gwyn dressed his dog up in a red shirt I seem to recall. Now that was ****ing cringeworthy.
    Is he still about? I know we haven’t been down the City for a good while but hadn’t seen him home or away for a bit before ‘closed doors’...........haven’t seen Gwyn either

I remember seeing a photo of about 30 blokes dressed up like something out of alladin on the front of the western mail

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    See it as educational, It would have been the nearest any of them had ever got to a geography lesson.
    Chinese, Japanese, they all look the same innit

Didn’t the guy who had the other messageboard turn up to Coventry away with a Thailand flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Didn’t the guy who had the other messageboard turn up to Coventry away with a Thailand flag?
    Please let this be true, and please let it be that he had his Photo taken with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Please let this be true, and please let it be that he had his Photo taken with it.
    I’ve searched and can’t find it but I’m sure it happened

I'd say the two are intrinsically linked, wouldn't you?
    Not really. What kind of character a club owners is, and how he runs the club, are 2 different things entirely.
    You could have an owner who’s as nice as pie, but naive, and ****s the club up, or you could have an absolute keunt in charge, but they improve your club both on and off the pitch.
    I was just interested in your opinion as him as an owner.

Not really. What kind of character a club owners is, and how he runs the club, are 2 different things entirely.
    As far as I’m concerned you couldn’t be more wrong.

As far as I’m concerned you couldn’t be more wrong.
    Can you explain?

Can you explain?
    This? Dear me.....

Yes, I can explain and it's very simple. I don't believe what kind of character a club owner is and how he runs the club are two entirely different things as you suggest. On the contrary, I believe they are very strongly linked.

Can you explain?
    You not wanting to explain your reasoning TLG ?

This? Dear me.....

Yes, I can explain and it's very simple. I don't believe what kind of character a club owner is and how he runs the club are two entirely different things as you suggest. On the contrary, I believe they are very strongly linked.
    Well that was a damp squib. Thought you were gonna enlighten me a bit more than that.

Well that was a damp squib. Thought you were gonna enlighten me a bit more than that.
    So what do you want exactly?

So what do you want exactly?
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree. There’s more chance of Sludge getting his Nat King than you ever saying anything positive about Tan. Your a bitter man 😀

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. There’s more chance of Sludge getting his Nat King than you ever saying anything positive about Tan.
    In order for me to say something positive about Tan, I'd first have to believe there was something positive about Tan. I don't, so I won't.

In order for me to say something positive about Tan, I'd first have to believe there was something positive about Tan. I don't, so I won't.
    Hypocrite ice cream brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hypocrite ice cream brigade.
    Snivelling troglodyte troop.