+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Just seen this on sky sports news and for a second the jacks had my full respect, then it was reported that they were only coming off social media for a week....that's pathetic. I stopped drinking 3 times in one day once and like this it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Just seen this on sky sports news and for a second the jacks had my full respect, then it was reported that they were only coming off social media for a week....that's pathetic. I stopped drinking 3 times in one day once and like this it didn't work.
    What's genuinely pathetic is your attempt at an analogy.

The Jacks and their players are actually doing something about the situation instead of just complaining about it. Good on them. If the biggest clubs in the world followed Swansea's lead we might finally begin to see some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The Jacks and their players are actually doing something about the situation instead of just complaining about it. Good on them. If the biggest clubs in the world followed Swansea's lead we might finally begin to see some changes.
    Quite right. An end to all those banal self-obsessed profiles

Doing something about it, no they’re not it’s a really shallow gesture maybe even virtue signaling. At least Theri Henry as come off it totally.

Doing something about it, no they’re not it’s a really shallow gesture maybe even virtue signaling.
    So boycotting social media for a week isn't doing something?

Not really. It’s like one of your flounces. Doesn’t last long and achieves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not really. It’s like one of your flounces. Doesn’t last long and achieves nothing.
    Does it perhaps bring some more publicity to an issue that very definitely needs addressing?

Not really it certainly won't be that effective, it would be like contributing a penny to Sir Tom's fundraiser or Velindre cancer fund - It's insulting.

Not really it certainly won't be that effective, it would be like contributing a penny to Sir Tom's fundraiser or Velindre cancer fund - It's insulting.
    Who does it insult? Do you think the Swansea players who have been racially abused on social media feel insulted?

As for it not being that effective, of course it won't in it's own right. But every movement has to start somewhere and if people don't do anything, then nothing changes. There definitely seems to be a move against the social media giants in the football world at the moment. I see that as a good thing. Perhaps you disagree?

Who does it insult? Do you think the Swansea players who have been racially abused on social media feel insulted?

As for it not being that effective, of course it won't in it's own right. But every movement has to start somewhere and if people don't do anything, then nothing changes. There definitely seems to be a move against the social media giants in the football world at the moment. I see that as a good thing. Perhaps you disagree?
    No I don't disagree, you make some valued points but this is not going to be sorted until it has an effect on these media company's and coming off for a week ain't gonna make them bat an eyelid. Cmon even gimmick charity events like movember goes on for a month.