+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 363

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

  1. #161
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,239

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    I have already had more than enough of the Phil stuff (to his credit he didn't want this circus) but it did remind me of this....

    Prince Edmund The Blackadder, Duke of Edinburgh, dies:


  2. #162

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have already had more than enough of the Phil stuff (to his credit he didn't want this circus) but it did remind me of this....

    Prince Edmund The Blackadder, Duke of Edinburgh, dies:

    Su that's why Gayle King on the American news asked if it was natural causes........

  3. #163

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Funeral next Saturday at 3pm.

  4. #164

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    with all this megxit stuff and now P phil popping it I am really surprised at how much the royals still mean to the UK.
    I was under the impression that brits thought of them as an outdated tax burden.
    Seems many are loyal to the royal family who are imo as much as an oddity as religion...It's there so we must believe it

  5. #165

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    with all this megxit stuff and now P phil popping it I am really surprised at how much the royals still mean to the UK.
    I was under the impression that brits thought of them as an outdated tax burden.
    Seems many are loyal to the royal family who are imo as much as an oddity as religion...It's there so we must believe it
    Its very odd

    Grown women and men obsessed over all this nonsense

    I am hoping to watch some TV tonight but they are still droning on and on , witchell is still at it , he must have a sore arse

  6. #166

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    with all this megxit stuff and now P phil popping it I am really surprised at how much the royals still mean to the UK.
    I was under the impression that brits thought of them as an outdated tax burden.
    Seems many are loyal to the royal family who are imo as much as an oddity as religion...It's there so we must believe it
    You know you don’t have to believe it don't you?

  7. #167

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its very odd

    Grown women and men obsessed over all this nonsense

    I am hoping to watch some TV tonight but they are still droning on and on , witchell is still at it , he must have a sore arse
    And they’ve not put Pointless Celebrities on as advertised. End of the world is nigh.

  8. #168

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You know you don’t have to believe it don't you?
    ask the daily mail.
    i know here i stand on all this ancient nonsense

  9. #169

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its very odd

    Grown women and men obsessed over all this nonsense

    I am hoping to watch some TV tonight but they are still droning on and on , witchell is still at it , he must have a sore arse
    You wanna get yourself some Netflix Sludge

  10. #170

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You wanna get yourself some Netflix Sludge
    I doubt he has a smart tv

  11. #171

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You think that's all??? you're way out.

    I was driving a Merc Sprinter when the original news was broadcast. The BBC controls all the radio traffic in the UK and commercial stations pay to use it. Every single channel on the vehicle radio was locked. I could not even change the channel at all. It just wouldn't work.
    And the band information was showing DAB FM and AM all at once, it was being broadcast simultaneously on all of them.

    It's quite scary when you realise that the government of the day could do that and broadcast information they want to drown you with at any moment they wanted, and you can't turn it off. 1984 is closer than we know.
    The channels were freed up sometime between 3 and 4 O'Clock.
    That must have been devastating for you.

  12. #172

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    I tuned in to BBC2 this morning hoping to watch The Masters highlights. No golf, no Phil the Greek, just the live cookery programme that's usually on BBC1. Theyve got cookery on every single day, but one the rare occasion they could show some decent sport, they dont bother.
    I'm going to write to Barry Took.

  13. #173

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Barry Took was taken a long time ago.

  14. #174

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Barry Took was taken a long time ago.
    They probably gave him a 10 minute tribute on a Sunday teatime. He deserved more.

  15. #175

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They probably gave him a 10 minute tribute on a Sunday teatime. He deserved more.
    a great man

    The People's Pope

  16. #176

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I doubt he has a smart tv
    you are not wrong

    Free view and thats it

  17. #177

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Not happy, no master chef final either ffs....
    On the flip side, I know nothing about royal affairs so decided to read a bit about him. Quite a crazy life, certainly when he was a kid. Liked to get involved but after marrying the queen had to take a back seat. Also Liked the fact he was the only person in the world who could treat her like a normal person....maybe that’s why she loved him so hey?

  18. #178
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,190

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That must have been devastating for you.
    What's that supposed to mean? Why the sarcasm?

    Or are you implying you think it's a good thing that the government of the day can close down all broadcasting except what they want us to hear at a moments notice?

  19. #179

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What's that supposed to mean? Why the sarcasm?

    Or are you implying you think it's a good thing that the government of the day can close down all broadcasting except what they want us to hear at a moments notice?
    I’ve just watched New Order on Sky. No minutes silence for Phil boy?

    Disgusting. Probably treasonous.

  20. #180

    Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

    take up thy bed and walk !

    the crusty old git has made a lazarus like recovery and is on breakfast news in the morning

    All is well

    Put away the black armbands

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •