Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Any marches or outpouring of disgust about the poor civilians including children as young as 13 in northern Ethiopia who are being burned because of the use of white phosphorus, surely a potential war crime,
????

Its awful stuff it entirely burns away the skin the arms, legs, face and hands, leaving a white and red paste of flesh and fat.
Just an awful situation.

I agree - a war crime.

Sadly, living in Africa and working with people on the front line, I see situations like this that sadly too often don't get reported in the mainstream media.

And also information / stories that don't get told... i.e. high number of western paedophiles flooding into east Africa, the slow but systematic economic colonisation of Africa by china, the ongoing grooming of African countries by evangelical Christians #/ missionaries who are forcing their extreme views not only onto people but influencing governments, the new heroin routes through Nairobi causing an addiction boom in Kenya...

I think the Israeli / Palestine thing does get too much press compared to other atrocities, and I know that's your point - and one I agree with. Maybe it's because the conflict involves so much history and western players that it gets so much airtime.