+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joey Barton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you suggesting that black people in whatever profession should have management or boardroom positions in proportion to their numbers in the said industry, regardless of their ability? That percentages are more important than ability?
    To me that sounds like a recipe for failure.
    People should be given positions based on their ability, that is true. Do you think black people are less able to be in boardrooms? I mean, is it not a bit odd that there are:

• No black Chairmen
    • No Black CEOs
    • No black CFOs

in any of the top 100 companies in the UK?

Also, isn't it a bit odd that only 3.4% of these positions are held by ethnic minorities in 2021. The same percentage as 2014?

Yes, people should be picked on ability but surely you would expect to see a similar percentage of black people in dugouts as you see on a pitch? Similarly, you would expect to see a similar percentage of black people in boardrooms as you see on the payroll. I mean, that isn't going for percentages, but it's striking that the percentages are vastly different at top levels of business compared to the rest of the business isn't it? Maybe it isn't striking to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    People should be given positions based on their ability, that is true. Do you think black people are less able to be in boardrooms? I mean, is it not a bit odd that there are:

• No black Chairmen
    • No Black CEOs
    • No black CFOs

Also, isn't it a bit odd that only 3.4% of these positions are held by ethnic minorities in 2021. The same percentage as 2014?

Yes, people should be picked on ability but surely you would expect to see a similar percentage of black people in dugouts as you see on a pitch? Similarly, you would expect to see a similar percentage of black people in boardrooms as you see on the payroll. I mean, that isn't going for percentages, but it's striking that the percentages are vastly different at top levels of business compared to the rest of the business isn't it? Maybe it isn't striking to you?
    Much better than i could've put it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Much better than i could've put it
    But none of that translates to your statement that Barton only got the job because he is white. How many black people applied for it ffs?

But none of that translates to your statement that Barton only got the job because he is white. How many black people applied for it ffs?
    That's a different question to the one you asked.

I'll put your question back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gammon
    Are you suggesting that black people in whatever profession should have management or boardroom positions in proportion to their numbers in the said industry, regardless of their ability? That percentages are more important than ability?

International

That's a different question to the one you asked.

I'll put your question back here.

i

i
    As I said, in the face of facts it is possible that the goalposts will be moved.

International

As I said, in the face of facts it is possible that the goalposts will be moved.

Ok, i'll put it another way. He wouldn't have got the job if he was black, which means he's white. Is that better?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ok, i'll put it another way. He wouldn't have got the job if he was black, which means he's white. Is that better?
    That, Tuerto is a completely different thing.

• No black Chairmen
    • No Black CEOs
    • No black CFOs

In the face of facts, it is possible that the goalposts will be moved.