+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket Office: After failing to get a ticket for last night's game...

Ticket Office: After failing to get a ticket for last night's game...

I'm trying to get 2 for myself and grandson to attend the Newport game as I'm only in the country for a few days more.

I'm trying hard, to the point where I was referred by 'queries@cardiffcityfc.co.uk' to the ticket office. I sent them a polite email yesterday outlining my problem and asked for help in getting tickets as all online efforts had failed.

Here is their reply this morning:-

"Thanks for your email

I can see that you have set up an account and have a fan number, but unfortunately for the friendlies you would need to have bought a ticket in the last 5 years also everyone in the party your trying to book for would need to have also attended previous games.

Kind Regards,

Ticket Office Team"

My reply goes:-

"That’s alright then, when I was in Wales at this time of year previously when I took the grandson to see City play Real Betis in a pre-season game prior to the team’s last adventure in the Premier League.

I’m not sure why your records don’t show that but it’s a fact.

I purchase Club TV season tickets every year and have done so already for 21/22. I’ve attended games at Ninian Park since the late 1950’s and was present when City beat Villa 1-0 in April, 1960 to clinch promotion to the First Division. I was at the Real Madrid game, play-off game at the Millennium Stadium, FA Cup semi-final and final in 2008 – it’s bit rich to now tell me I don’t qualify for a friendly game.

But, as I say, I and my grandson bought tickets to see Real Betis 3 years ago.

So how can you help me purchase an adult and a junior for Saturday’s game please?"

What are my chances?

Re: Ticket Office: After failing to get a ticket for last night's game...

Sent this whole message to the ticket office direct

I have never known a so called business make it so difficult for fans (customers) to part with their cash.

Every income stream from merchandise to season and matchday tickets seems to have some problem that the club won't/can't be bothered to sort out.

And they wonder why some of of us are starting ‘not to give a shit as well’!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I know we have a bit of friendly fire banter Tone, but you're doing a cracking job fella. Hats off to you.

Thanks Bluetit, I don't know anyone at the club these days except maybe for the chap who has been there for donkeys years who seemed to run everything - ticketing, logisitics, move to CCS etc. Sadly, I forget his name (I've lived abroad for more than a decade now). He would remember me without a doubt.

Someone on here is sure to know who that might be so who is it? I've searched through Club Staff but it seems to be playig staff only that get a mention. Any thoughts, please?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know we have a bit of friendly fire banter Tone, but you're doing a cracking job fella. Hats off to you.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter you tosser

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Thanks Bluetit, I don't know anyone at the club these days except maybe for the chap who has been there for donkeys years who seemed to run everything - ticketing, logisitics, move to CCS etc. Sadly, I forget his name (I've lived abroad for more than a decade now). He would remember me without a doubt.

Someone on here is sure to know who that might be so who is it? I've searched through Club Staff but it seems to be playig staff only that get a mention. Any thoughts, please?

Staff have changed a lot over the years, I’m not sure who you mean.

Staff have changed a lot over the years, I’m not sure who you mean.
    Er Bluetit, obviously

I've got nothing but admiration for the persistence of fans trying to dive through hoops to get tickets.
    Not just for these friendlies, but for the last 17 months there have been well documented problems with accessing games on line, let alone people trying to renew their season tickets (and using their Bluebirds credit).
    Hats off to those trying to help people but it shouldn't really need to be like that.

Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter you tosser

Keep up the shit work you old bastard

Must be so frustrating, why make it so hard.

I'm impressed you got any kind of reply to be honest.

I might be missing something, probably am, but why would you need to have bought a ticket before to be able to buy one now?

Are we not welcoming any new fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I might be missing something, probably am, but why would you need to have bought a ticket before to be able to buy one now?

Well they could be ‘sleeping’ County fans, waiting 5 years for the chance of sneaking into a friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I have never known a so called business make it so difficult for fans (customers) to part with their cash.

Every income stream from merchandise to season and matchday tickets seems to have some problem that the club won't/can't be bothered to sort out.
    I have thought this more many many years.
    The lack of ability to take willing peoples money from is worrying.
    No such issues in blowing it - no wonder we got ourselves into financial mess.

Feel for the original poster who is only trying watch his team in a game that will be nowhere sold out.
    Again trying to spend his time and money supporting his club.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I have thought this more many many years.
    The lack of ability to take willing peoples money from is worrying.
    No such issues in blowing it - no wonder we got ourselves into financial mess.

Feel for the original poster who is only trying watch his team in a game that will be nowhere sold out.
    Again trying to spend his time and money supporting his club.
    Taking money from customers willing to spend it on your product is rule 1.1 of running a business surely.

This is the stuff we're seeing on the surface though.
    What other shambolic things are being kept out of sight?

It doesn't surprise me we've had our pants pulled down on transfers and the like over the years.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

This.

The logic of this idiotic rule means there will never be any new fans.

I'm trying to get 2 for myself and grandson to attend the Newport game as I'm only in the country for a few days more.

I'm trying hard, to the point where I was referred by 'queries@cardiffcityfc.co.uk' to the ticket office. I sent them a polite email yesterday outlining my problem and asked for help in getting tickets as all online efforts had failed.

Here is their reply this morning:-

"Thanks for your email

I can see that you have set up an account and have a fan number, but unfortunately for the friendlies you would need to have bought a ticket in the last 5 years also everyone in the party your trying to book for would need to have also attended previous games.

Kind Regards,

Ticket Office Team"

"That’s alright then, when I was in Wales at this time of year previously when I took the grandson to see City play Real Betis in a pre-season game prior to the team’s last adventure in the Premier League.

I purchase Club TV season tickets every year and have done so already for 21/22. I’ve attended games at Ninian Park since the late 1950’s and was present when City beat Villa 1-0 in April, 1960 to clinch promotion to the First Division. I was at the Real Madrid game, play-off game at the Millennium Stadium, FA Cup semi-final and final in 2008 – it’s bit rich to now tell me I don’t qualify for a friendly game.

So how can you help me purchase an adult and a junior for Saturday’s game please?"

What are my chances?
    I can report a positive outcome to my Saturday ticket saga.

This morning I received the following reply from the Ticket office:-

Thanks for your email

Is there a previous address than could have your booking history on? the fan number that is attached to the email has no booking under it meaning you wouldn't be able to purchase for Saturday.

If you can forward a different fan number or address that you would have used, I can check this for you.

I replied:-

Thank you for your message.

I previously lived at (Blank)

But that’s not the point – as I said in my previous message I bought tickets and attended the Real Betis game 3 years ago. If that’s not on your records, that’s not my fault.

I also told you I have bought the TV package for the coming season in addition to 3 or 4 seasons before that– check the records on that. I don’t live in the UK any longer but I am a fan and a paying customer.

You say in your previous reply that you can see that I already have a fan number so what reason is there for withholding a ticket for a friendly pre-season game.

If you let me have the contact details for the Ticket Office Manager I will be happy to discuss with him/her. I would also be happy to come to the stadium to discuss this public relations disaster with the CEO, Mr Ken Choo. I cannot believe he is aware that this fiasco is being played out in the ticket office.

Some hours later I received a call from the Ticket Office saying they'd been able to confirm from my old address that I had, indeed, bought Real Betis tickets and they could therefore provide the 2 tickets I want for Saturday's game. Furthermore, I could collect them from the ticket office from 11.00am on Saturday.

I can't confirm what did the trick, was it Bluetit's intervention, my threat to speak with Ken Choo or did they, indeed, find on their records that I'd bought tickets within the stipulated 5 years?

I'm pleased of course and offer thanks to all who sympathised with my plight. The story might also help others in a similar situation. but that doesn't detract from the fact that what's happening at the Club (and ticket office in particular) is unsatisfactory.

Let's hope we can all enjoy the upcoming Championship season. I'll be watching from rural Iowa

Thanks for your email

Is there a previous address than could have your booking history on? the fan number that is attached to the email has no booking under it meaning you wouldn't be able to purchase for Saturday.

If you can forward a different fan number or address that you would have used, I can check this for you.

But that’s not the point – as I said in my previous message I bought tickets and attended the Real Betis game 3 years ago. If that’s not on your records, that’s not my fault.

I also told you I have bought the TV package for the coming season in addition to 3 or 4 seasons before that– check the records on that. I don’t live in the UK any longer but I am a fan and a paying customer.

You say in your previous reply that you can see that I already have a fan number so what reason is there for withholding a ticket for a friendly pre-season game.

If you let me have the contact details for the Ticket Office Manager I will be happy to discuss with him/her. I would also be happy to come to the stadium to discuss this public relations disaster with the CEO, Mr Ken Choo. I cannot believe he is aware that this fiasco is being played out in the ticket office.

Some hours later I received a call from the Ticket Office saying they'd been able to confirm from my old address that I had, indeed, bought Real Betis tickets and they could therefore provide the 2 tickets I want for Saturday's game. Furthermore, I could collect them from the ticket office from 11.00am on Saturday.

I can't confirm what did the trick, was it Bluetit's intervention, my threat to speak with Ken Choo or did they, indeed, find on their records that I'd bought tickets within the stipulated 5 years?

I'm pleased of course and offer thanks to all who sympathised with my plight. The story might also help others in a similar situation. but that doesn't detract from the fact that what's happening at the Club (and ticket office in particular) is unsatisfactory.

Let's hope we can all enjoy the upcoming Championship season. I'll be watching from rural Iowa

You're not alone, this impersonal email nonsense has got to stop.

Thanks for your email

Well done, glad you got your tickets.

The club need to stop hiding behind this no phone nonsense now.

What are my chances?
    Classic bandwagon jumper, only turning up for the big games

Thats good news Cowbridge but it shouldn't really have been so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Well done, glad you got your tickets.

The club need to stop hiding behind this no phone nonsense now.
    The club need to sell tickets to (new) supporters whether they’re on the data base or not, what a Catch-22 situation eh? You want to go to your first game but you can’t go because you haven’t been before

More to the point the last time we
    Sold out was in the Premier League and probably only 3/4 times in that Promotion season.

The minute a paying and willing customer (not supporter) presents its self it really shouldn’t be that hard to simply buy a ticket for the thousands of unsold seats we normally have.

Imagine if a Malaysian tourist turned up and tried to spend cash with us and was refused.
    I dread to think.

How embarrassing would that be for Tan in his homeland.

I’d like to purchase an extra season ticket for my daughter as one of the seats by us is now spare. I also want to get 2 tickets for the Newport game.

Just want to ring up and book it.

Haven’t got time to be trying to email or work out the code.

Lack of phone assistance must be costing the club a fortune. There must be hundreds if not thousands who’ve not renewed who would/could if they could get through.

I know a lot of my mates who’ve lost or are losing interest because they feel that they are being undervalued and let’s face it, the situation on the field hasn’t been that exciting for the past few seasons either.

There’s a lot of things that we are up against due to COVID, but if a small company like mine can cope and still answer the phones surely a football club who’s lifeblood is communicating with their support can.

Seems business suicide to me