+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Derby County - Imploding!

  1. #1
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    11,633

    Derby County - Imploding!

    With the season a few days away, Derby still have not got a sale sorted out, have still not reached agreement with the EFL to sign players (some more linked with moves away) and have given players contracts to sign (so they can play on Saturday) with the wages box left blank!

    They have had 8 or 9 free agents training with them for weeks or months - most of them past it or trouble - but are operating under an EFL squad and salary cap that makes their chances of adding them to the squad remote.

    At least Rooney hasn't put any of them on the treatment table with ruptured ligaments for the next 3 months - like Jason Knight.

    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...g-fans-5744484

    https://the72.co.uk/244027/alan-nixo...line-tomorrow/

    https://www.thesportsman.com/article...oid-relegation

    Mind you, after FFP abuses and snowgate, I will take more than that to make me feel sorry for them!

  2. #2

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    A bit of snow, made up or otherwise, isn't getting them out of this one.

  3. #3

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Feel sorry for the fans.

    The owners and decision makers there have been well dodgy for a long time though.

  4. #4

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Feel sorry for the fans.

    The owners and decision makers there have been well dodgy for a long time though.
    Me too. It's a sh*t situation for them. I hate seeing any club being run into the ground by the suits.

  5. #5

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    oof that's not good.
    They've always had good youth prospects though, I guess this could be their chance to give some game time to them.

    If they do get cut adrift early on in the season and another club or two struggle with them then it could change the outlook of a few clubs in the division. I.e. if we were too far from the playoffs but relegation wasn't a problem then you'd hope we would give as much game time to the youngsters as possible

  6. #6

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Its not all bad. At least they arent looking realistically at 5 nil hammerings each week.

  7. #7

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its not all bad. At least they arent looking realistically at 5 nil hammerings each week.
    Yesh they can at least look forward to hammering us 5-0

  8. #8

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yesh they can at least look forward to hammering us 5-0
    Goes without saying.

  9. #9

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Me too. It's a sh*t situation for them. I hate seeing any club being run into the ground by the suits.
    Yeah agreed. Fans are always the ones who suffer.

    It makes a mockery of the EFL and FA rules on club ownership and management.

  10. #10

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Yeah agreed. Fans are always the ones who suffer.

    It makes a mockery of the EFL and FA rules on club ownership and management.
    A local self made millionaire businessman, there wouldn't hae been any reason to stop that takeover. It's the ideal situation in many people's eyes.
    He took over in 2014, when they got to the playoff finals with a good side packed with youngsters.
    That season they had Michael Keane (loan), Jeff Hendrick, Will Hughes, George Thorne and Patrick Bamford (loan)
    Then they got in the playoffs in 3 of his first 5 years, but kept ****ing it up, and in the end it seems like they've stretched things that bit too far and now they're paying the price.

    They get big crowds for this level and should be amongst the top teams, but they have been very badly managed.
    A little bit of luck and it could have been very different for them though.

    You do wonder if we hadn't managed promotion one of the 2 times we went up what kind of state we would be in now.

  11. #11

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    WOW 😮
    Looked up Derby’s odds for relegation on oddschecker

    Best price 8/11 🤭😮🤭

    Bookies rarely get things wrong!!

  12. #12

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    WOW ��
    Looked up Derby’s odds for relegation on oddschecker

    Best price 8/11 ������

    Bookies rarely get things wrong!!
    8/11 to implode or go down ?

  13. #13

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Me too. It's a sh*t situation for them. I hate seeing any club being run into the ground by the suits.
    They were happy to gnash their teeth for high profile signings

    In all honesty screw them.

  14. #14

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Can't believe Rooney is still in a job, and not just for getting caught with young ladies of dubious morals. His management skills are less than zero, and fifteen years in the public glare has taught him nothing about public speaking. Why the hell doesn't he hire a speech coach? But he's on a massive salary, and if he quits, he won't get another job in management. He can't do anything else, his wife will divorce him, and he'll be on a slippery slope, and end up doing a Gascoigne. Sad, in a way.

  15. #15

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Can't believe Rooney is still in a job, and not just for getting caught with young ladies of dubious morals. His management skills are less than zero, and fifteen years in the public glare has taught him nothing about public speaking. Why the hell doesn't he hire a speech coach? But he's on a massive salary, and if he quits, he won't get another job in management. He can't do anything else, his wife will divorce him, and he'll be on a slippery slope, and end up doing a Gascoigne. Sad, in a way.
    Can they afford to fire him? Is he another millstone around their neck?

  16. #16

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Can they afford to fire him? Is he another millstone around their neck?
    No don't fire him, leave him there , it just adds to thier misery .

  17. #17

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Can't believe Rooney is still in a job, and not just for getting caught with young ladies of dubious morals. His management skills are less than zero, and fifteen years in the public glare has taught him nothing about public speaking. Why the hell doesn't he hire a speech coach? But he's on a massive salary, and if he quits, he won't get another job in management. He can't do anything else, his wife will divorce him, and he'll be on a slippery slope, and end up doing a Gascoigne. Sad, in a way.
    That's some prediction.

  18. #18

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Their players have been asked to sign contracts by noon today without any financials or durations on them, in order to register to play Saturday!

  19. #19

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Can't believe Rooney is still in a job, and not just for getting caught with young ladies of dubious morals. His management skills are less than zero, and fifteen years in the public glare has taught him nothing about public speaking. Why the hell doesn't he hire a speech coach? But he's on a massive salary, and if he quits, he won't get another job in management. He can't do anything else, his wife will divorce him, and he'll be on a slippery slope, and end up doing a Gascoigne. Sad, in a way.
    I dont think he will ever make a decent manager.

    I dont see comparisons with Gascoigne though.

  20. #20

    Re: Derby County - Imploding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Their players have been asked to sign contracts by noon today without any financials or durations on them, in order to register to play Saturday!
    is that their existing players being asked to sign new contracts? or new players they're bringing in to be able to complete their fixtures?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •