Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
I can't settle on the £15m question being simply - who was McKay/(in turn - Henderson) acting on behalf of.

The agent's duties would be deemed to have had a beginning and end - in Nantes opinion they clearly believe the deal had been completed during the weekend while he is pictured with Choo signing forms and doing the ayatollah at the CCS. They would of course therefore maintain these flights between Sala and McKay were organised acting on behalf of Sala and Sala only. (I can only make out that it McKay's agency to book the flight was certainly not on Cardiff City's behalf in any case).

On negligence - it's quite clear Dave Henderson is absolutely done for, that's about all I can fathom clearly from the ongoing case.

On paying the £15m - it has already been considered and ruled upon by Fifa's Players Status Committee that the transfer had completed - we of course countered that it hadn't been complete as they hadn't completed his registration with the PL - to which of course comes the counter - that's up to you to do once he is your player - Cardiff City's own look out to get completed and not part of the completion of a transfer - you could probably own a player but not register them indefinitely.

As for redress to CCFC from the court/Insurance monies - I've seen people say nah Insurance would have been voided by the fact the plane wasn't air worthy and the pilot wasn't adequately qualified - it's not clear what insurance they are addressing there! I would have thought the club would have had insurance of Sala himself established during that weekend and I would be majorly surprised if it didn't cover such sort of a incident. Although of course a definitive answer regards that can only be made with reference to the full detail of the insurance policies and its clauses.
Actually funnily enough I started by saying "I can't settle on the £15m question being who was McKay acting on behalf of" - reading it indeed that is the key question - but obviously it's not simple - if you were to read the situation per how it's gone so far through the sporting courts - currently rulings to date have concluded that the move had completed and the flight wasn't made on behalf of anyone but Sala himself - his travelling back to Nantes was his own choice and journey.