Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
Jesus the bloke probably did exist. Jesus the bloke who rose from the dead, walked on water, fed 500 people with a fish, cured the incurable, etc probably did not. Most people like solid proof of some sort to believe in such things so if you could produce some (actual proof and not just some writings from the bible) then I’m sure a lot of the posters on here would be rational and humble enough to accept that with solid evidence Jesus both existed and performed miracles as the son of god.

But since you’ve already handwaved away the discussion about his birth, “why should the precise date matter”, no doubt hard evidence shouldn’t matter either as long as you simply believe.
As far as I am concerned if we are to believe that Jesus existed then you would have thought we could be provided with a precise date

I mean if this chap is apparently the son of god then surely there should be details of his birth somewhere

But all we get is wishy washy stuff about someone who was supposed to be a really important person , maybe the second most important person ever ?

And why is he white with blue eyes in the pictures ?

Because the area he appeared in was an area of people with middle Eastern characteristics

So either the portrait fellas got it wrong or he was a dark skinned bloke or he didn't exist 🤷