Thread: Christmas

Re: Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Wish I could afford to buy people houses for Christmas
    ****ing autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    ****ing autocorrect
    Bullshit, the mask has slipped, you're a right wing tax avoiding millionaire slumlord who didn't go to Preston and is probably antivax

I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Ah, so the references to Tiberius and Pontius Pilate (which would date the crucifixion to around 30AD) by the Roman historian Tacitus would not count as independent evidence in your opinion then? It's a shame that you had to resort to such a belittling comment. I know most of the posters on this MB would love to be able to prove that Jesus never even existed but somehow he inconveniently just won't go away will he!
    If bloody Christians would stop going on about him he would

Sludge is going on top of my Christmas tree this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Ah, so the references to Tiberius and Pontius Pilate (which would date the crucifixion to around 30AD) by the Roman historian Tacitus would not count as independent evidence in your opinion then? It's a shame that you had to resort to such a belittling comment. I know most of the posters on this MB would love to be able to prove that Jesus never even existed but somehow he inconveniently just won't go away will he!
    Jesus the bloke probably did exist. Jesus the bloke who rose from the dead, walked on water, fed 500 people with a fish, cured the incurable, etc probably did not. Most people like solid proof of some sort to believe in such things so if you could produce some (actual proof and not just some writings from the bible) then I’m sure a lot of the posters on here would be rational and humble enough to accept that with solid evidence Jesus both existed and performed miracles as the son of god.

But since you’ve already handwaved away the discussion about his birth, “why should the precise date matter”, no doubt hard evidence shouldn’t matter either as long as you simply believe.

It says in the bible

Jesus said

According to John chapter 37

Etc Etc

It's all cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Jesus the bloke probably did exist. Jesus the bloke who rose from the dead, walked on water, fed 500 people with a fish, cured the incurable, etc probably did not. Most people like solid proof of some sort to believe in such things so if you could produce some (actual proof and not just some writings from the bible) then I’m sure a lot of the posters on here would be rational and humble enough to accept that with solid evidence Jesus both existed and performed miracles as the son of god.

But since you’ve already handwaved away the discussion about his birth, “why should the precise date matter”, no doubt hard evidence shouldn’t matter either as long as you simply believe.
    As far as I am concerned if we are to believe that Jesus existed then you would have thought we could be provided with a precise date

I mean if this chap is apparently the son of god then surely there should be details of his birth somewhere

But all we get is wishy washy stuff about someone who was supposed to be a really important person , maybe the second most important person ever ?

And why is he white with blue eyes in the pictures ?

Because the area he appeared in was an area of people with middle Eastern characteristics

So either the portrait fellas got it wrong or he was a dark skinned bloke or he didn't exist 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Unsubstantiated stories from the Bronze Age at a time when most people were illiterate.

Just give everyone a weeks holiday

Normal TV channels

A button to switch if you are religious and want all the silly nonsense

Get rid of all the daft decorations in the shops

Give the money you spend to the NHS or the homeless

Call it the mid winter festival

Another 7 pages added

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As far as I am concerned if we are to believe that Jesus existed then you would have thought we could be provided with a precise date

I mean if this chap is apparently the son of god then surely there should be details of his birth somewhere

But all we get is wishy washy stuff about someone who was supposed to be a really important person , maybe the second most important person ever ?

And why is he white with blue eyes in the pictures ?

Because the area he appeared in was an area of people with middle Eastern characteristics

So either the portrait fellas got it wrong or he was a dark skinned bloke or he didn't exist 🤷
    We can narrow it down to when halleys comet was low in the night sky

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Unsubstantiated stories from the Bronze Age at a time when most people were illiterate.
    Ever heard of the sea peoples and the bronze age collapse. Jesus was very much n the iron age some 1300 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Ever heard of the sea peoples and the bronze age collapse. Jesus was very much n the iron age some 1300 years later.
    Indeed. Although there weren't many trains at that time...

Just give everyone a weeks holiday

Normal TV channels

A button to switch if you are religious and want all the silly nonsense

Get rid of all the daft decorations in the shops

Give the money you spend to the NHS or the homeless

Call it the mid winter festival
    You can do all of that yourself.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Jesus was indeed of the Iron Age.
    Jesus is from all ages, if you believe the fairy stories

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Anyone got any idea what I can get my mother for Christmas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Jesus is from all ages, if you believe the fairy stories
    Like Ragnar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You can do all of that yourself.
    Are you a secret kneeler ?

I have my suspicions

Are you a secret kneeler ?

I have my suspicions
    Nah mate. I just respect people who have faith and who use it for comfort, strength, etc. Moderate people with good intentions. I don't like the hard liners, evangelists and the crew at the top of the pile who use religion as a way of advancing their power and wealth at the expense of others. to me there is a difference, a massive difference. See it like this. You hated Blair and you dislike Starmer. I very much doubt that you hate every member of the labour party.

I've no problem with people who don't believe in god, i don't myself, and i have no problem with a good solid debate either way. The problem is that neither side listens to each other and there's always a definitive line trotted out over a subject that is incredibly complex and cultural. Attack the fanatics and the hard liners, by all means.

Nah mate. I just respect people who have faith and who use it for comfort, strength, etc. Moderate people with good intentions. I don't like the hard liners, evangelists and the crew at the top of the pile who use religion as a way of advancing their power and wealth at the expense of others. to me there is a difference, a massive difference. See it like this. You hated Blair and you dislike Starmer. I very much doubt that you hate every member of the labour party.

I've no problem with people who don't believe in god, i don't myself, and i have no problem with a good solid debate either way. The problem is that neither side listens to each other and there's always a definitive line trotted out over a subject that is incredibly complex and cultural. Attack the fanatics and the hard liners, by all means.
    I respect people who have faith .....sort of ...but it's complete bollocks

I respect people who have faith .....sort of ...but it's complete bollocks
    To you it is, and that's fine.

To you it is, and that's fine.
    Absolutely, bollocks

Absolutely, bollocks

Nah mate. I just respect people who have faith and who use it for comfort, strength, etc. Moderate people with good intentions. I don't like the hard liners, evangelists and the crew at the top of the pile who use religion as a way of advancing their power and wealth at the expense of others. .
    Well put, describes how I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Anyone got any idea what I can get my mother for Christmas?