+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: RIP Franky Burrows

  1. #1

    RIP Franky Burrows

    Portsmouth twitter saying he's passed away.
    Sad sad news

  2. #2

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Portsmouth twitter saying he's passed away.
    Sad sad news
    Indeed. Some of my favourite seasons were when Burrows was in charge.

  3. #3

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    RIP.
    Franky Burrows barmy army.

  4. #4

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    RIP.
    Franky Burrows barmy army.
    Blue & White Army if I recall, RIP Frankie

  5. #5

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    https://twitter.com/chriswisey/statu...345103367?s=21

    Definitely in the top ten City managers of the last sixty years, possibly the top five.

    RIP

  6. #6

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Frankie Burrows Blue and White Army

    RIP Frankie

  7. #7

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Good times under nice old Frankie RIP Bluebird

  8. #8

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    RIP

  9. #9

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Portsmouth twitter saying he's passed away.
    Sad sad news
    Very, very sad. One of my favourite City managers, and an all round nice bloke. R.I.P Frankie

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59404947

  10. #10

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    RIP Frankie

  11. #11

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    RIP Frank - 1987/88 was one of my favourite seasons not just for the football but from a fans perspective it was brilliant especially the away days.

  12. #12

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    RIP Frank good times following the club back then

    also a mention to local baseball legend John Smith who passed away recently too for many the greatest baseball player in the 1970/80's in the Cardiff area

  13. #13

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    That's sad news. Had plenty of dealings with Frank Burrows and his assistant, Bobby Smith as a youngster. Some very fond memories and some not so. He was a real hard man, an incredibly tough character, but funny and generous at the same time.

    One little anecdote. I was on tea making duty as a 15 year old at Ninian park. It was half time and the city were losing and playing poorly. I was dishing out the brew for the players while Frankie ripped them to pieces.Head down but loving listening to him assassinate the players. He went right around the dressing room and destroyed them all, one by one. Then, right at the end, he looked at me and said " And youse son, youse are a ****ing disgrace as well" ****ing brilliant!

  14. #14

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    RIP Frank - 1987/88 was one of my favourite seasons not just for the football but from a fans perspective it was brilliant especially the away days.
    My first proper season that was, singing fb barmy army for what seemed like forever sometimes is entrenched in my memory. Promotion and a Welsh cup final to saviour down the vetch….Rip

  15. #15

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's sad news. Had plenty of dealings with Frank Burrows and his assistant, Bobby Smith as a youngster. Some very fond memories and some not so. He was a real hard man, an incredibly tough character, but funny and generous at the same time.

    One little anecdote. I was on tea making duty as a 15 year old at Ninian park. It was half time and the city were losing and playing poorly. I was dishing out the brew for the players while Frankie ripped them to pieces.Head down but loving listening to him assassinate the players. He went right around the dressing room and destroyed them all, one by one. Then, right at the end, he looked at me and said " And youse son, youse are a ****ing disgrace as well" ****ing brilliant!

  16. #16

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    He used to scare me rigid with that look he had.
    However, some enjoyable old days out following the team under his management.
    RIP .

  17. #17

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    He used to scare me rigid with that look he had.
    However, some enjoyable old days out following the team under his management.
    RIP .
    I was fined 2 weeks wages and suspended for the same amount of time for having a glass of lemonade outside a pub while on tour at Keele university. The reason-for entering a pub.

  18. #18
    First Team light up the darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ho Chi Minh City/Radyr
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    I was in the lower grandstand to the right side of the Home dug out. Frank was going ballistic at the lack of performance as we were attacking towards the Grange End and took off his cap/hat and threw it to the ground with some degree of violence.

    A chap sat in front of me near the wall leaned over the wall and offered Frank his hat and invited Frank to throw it as well. The look he gave would have melted steel. It was so intense I’m sure the guy peed his self

  19. #19

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I was in the lower grandstand to the right side of the Home dug out. Frank was going ballistic at the lack of performance as we were attacking towards the Grange End and took off his cap/hat and threw it to the ground with some degree of violence.

    A chap sat in front of me near the wall leaned over the wall and offered Frank his hat and invited Frank to throw it as well. The look he gave would have melted steel. It was so intense I’m sure the guy peed his self
    He had false teeth due to getting elbowed and head clashes during his playing career. He often say to jason perry that he's not a proper centre back if he couldn't do this-Cue Frankie taking out his falsies

  20. #20

    Re: RIP Franky Burrows

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's sad news. Had plenty of dealings with Frank Burrows and his assistant, Bobby Smith as a youngster. Some very fond memories and some not so. He was a real hard man, an incredibly tough character, but funny and generous at the same time.

    One little anecdote. I was on tea making duty as a 15 year old at Ninian park. It was half time and the city were losing and playing poorly. I was dishing out the brew for the players while Frankie ripped them to pieces.Head down but loving listening to him assassinate the players. He went right around the dressing room and destroyed them all, one by one. Then, right at the end, he looked at me and said " And youse son, youse are a ****ing disgrace as well" ****ing brilliant!
    Rip Frank

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •