+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Franky Burrows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: RIP Franky Burrows

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's sad news. Had plenty of dealings with Frank Burrows and his assistant, Bobby Smith as a youngster. Some very fond memories and some not so. He was a real hard man, an incredibly tough character, but funny and generous at the same time.

One little anecdote. I was on tea making duty as a 15 year old at Ninian park. It was half time and the city were losing and playing poorly. I was dishing out the brew for the players while Frankie ripped them to pieces.Head down but loving listening to him assassinate the players. He went right around the dressing room and destroyed them all, one by one. Then, right at the end, he looked at me and said " And youse son, youse are a ****ing disgrace as well" ****ing brilliant!

First Team

He used to scare me rigid with that look he had.
    However, some enjoyable old days out following the team under his management.
    RIP .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    He used to scare me rigid with that look he had.
    However, some enjoyable old days out following the team under his management.
    RIP .
    I was fined 2 weeks wages and suspended for the same amount of time for having a glass of lemonade outside a pub while on tour at Keele university. The reason-for entering a pub.