Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
well that’s put me straight then - how pompous can you get .

Isn’t the point that if the intention is to get 1 million people jabbed or invited to be jabbed a day, things like this should not be happening and, as far as possible, plans put in place beforehand to ensure that they do not? My response is a commentary on where the Prime Minister’s reputation is at now. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that to assume Johnson, very unusually for him, is desperate to move the conversation on to something else following a disastrous couple of weeks. That’s understandable because he and his party are suffering because of him, but it is so typically Johnsonian to make grandiose announcements and set very taxing targets about something and then leave someone else to sort out how this will be done exactly.
Maybe because when you are trying to do something like vaccinate a million people a day that sometimes teething problems occur.

Jesus, you must moan at the council every time there is a traffic jam.

You're complaint might be valid after a week or so, but to write that literally on the first morning just smacks of someone who wants it to fail tbh.