+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gavin and Stacey

Re: Gavin and Stacey

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's true. He doesn't have any spectacular stand out talent and a lot of other comedians or more traditional actors are critical for that I think
    I think his script-writing with Ruth Jones for the series was brilliant to be fair. I'd have liked to see him write more. I don't watch anything else he's done but fair play to him for his success.

I did chat to a mate who saw him in some production in the West End quite a few years ago who felt he was way out of his depth. That's why I'd like to see him write more. Unlike Ricky Gervais, who I wish would write less.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think his script-writing with Ruth Jones for the series was brilliant to be fair. I'd have liked to see him write more. I don't watch anything else he's done but fair play to him for his success.

I did chat to a mate who saw him in some production in the West End quite a few years ago who felt he was way out of his depth. That's why I'd like to see him write more. Unlike Ricky Gervais, who I wish would write less.
    I agree. I loved Gavin and Stacey and clearly the bloke can write a good comedy. But when we see him doing car pool karaoke with Michelle Obama and Madonna, whilst getting paid millions for it, I think a degree of jealousy kicks in. And he is quite annoying.

I loved his little spat with the, uber pompous Patrick Stewart at some awards though. Worth watching on YouTube that is

Although the original series finished a few years ago, James Corden is still dining out on it. Just like Paddy McGuinness is doing the same ,after working with Peter Kay. Maes you wonder how much talent they really have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Although the original series finished a few years ago, James Corden is still dining out on it. Just like Paddy McGuinness is doing the same ,after working with Peter Kay. Maes you wonder how much talent they really have.
    Slightly OT but he was completely exposed as the new compere of Question of Sport the other night.

Trying to be funny all the time and reading the questions like a seven year old would in class.

I thinks it's brill. Alri?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Is this show a complete pile of cr@p or do I hate it so much just because James Cordon is in it.?
    It's Corden

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Dining out on it? He starred in an award-winning show on Broadway and in the West End. He's currently a late-night talk show host on a major US TV network on a $9M basic salary. Not many people in the US have even heard of Gavin and Stacey. He is famous all over the world just for Carpool Karaoke. Which he created.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. The only people with halfway decent accents are Dave Coaches and Nessa. Rob Brydon can do all those impressions but he can't do a Barry accent?
    Rob Brydon is only Welsh when he thinks it can be useful

I think he ( James Corden)comes across well in this interview with the late Meatloaf. Don’t mind him in Gavin and Stacey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtFbrHpGb8E

I don't see what all the fuss is about James Corden. I'm ambivalent about him. I suppose I would air on slightly positive. I may have disliked him when I was younger, but now I can't be arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't see what all the fuss is about James Corden. I'm ambivalent about him. I suppose I would air on slightly positive. I may have disliked him when I was younger, but now I can't be arsed.
    Corden Bummer