+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    [I]

In fact just before there was a ban on anyone (who didn't belong there) going into the Amazon rainforest a missionary made contact with a large tribe. It turned out that they were all Christians much to his surprise. He asked them who visited them or where they had read about Jesus? They told him that nobody had come to tell them and none of them had seen a book, also none of them could read anyway! One of their tribe had seen Jesus in a dream who explained everything to him, he woke up and prayed - ie he repented and gave his life to Christ. From there he shared what he knew of Jesus with everyone, and they all now served Christ too.
    Can you post your source for this? Because it sounds suspiciously made up.

I had a quick look and couldn't find mention of it. Found this though https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b635d25d6ec824

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Can you post your source for this? Because it sounds suspiciously made up.

I had a quick look and couldn't find mention of it. Found this though https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b635d25d6ec824
    Or maybe this!

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thefre...to-an-atheist/

Anyway this thread needs to get back on track, let’s hope we get a ceasefire soon with Ukraine agreeing not to join NATO (seems odd as surely this could have been done prior to the invasion) and Russia to never enter Ukraine again. That should be enough for Pootin to declare his victory despite not really getting anyway, ruining parts of Ukraine and 1000’s of peoples lives, killing 10,000 young Russians and ruining his own economy…..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I got stuck on a long trans Atlantic flight once sat next to three missionaries….man that was a very very long flight

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    So, just answer straightforwardly. If I repented (in whatever twisted, up its own arse definition you prefer) a life of sin 1 minute before death, in your religion your god would allow me in, correct? I know you won't admit it but it's correct.

You've never heard of the thief on the Cross who genuinely repented and was saved in the last few hours of his life?
    And if you are thinking of employing that tactic remember that many deaths can be immediate or even during your sleep. The Bible says, 'now is the accepted time' (ie your next breath isn't guaranteed).

Here's a bigger problem for you. If your magic book and all knowledge of its existence disappeared completely would people still discover/have faith in your god? Would they even know your god existed? The answer is clearly "no".

In fact just before there was a ban on anyone (who didn't belong there) going into the Amazon rainforest a missionary made contact with a large tribe. It turned out that they were all Christians much to his surprise. He asked them who visited them or where they had read about Jesus? They told him that nobody had come to tell them and none of them had seen a book, also none of them could read anyway! One of their tribe had seen Jesus in a dream who explained everything to him, he woke up and prayed - ie he repented and gave his life to Christ. From there he shared what he knew of Jesus with everyone, and they all now served Christ too.
    You may well ask the question, why wouldn't God allow me or someone in Cathays, Roath or Canton to have such a dream, and the answer is this, God has provided more than enough evidence and opportunities for the people of Cardiff to repent, the fact is this, they all want to have 'my way' (or similar) played at their funerals, because they all know better
    Seek medical attention, you're mentally ill.

Whichever way this war turns out, Russia have really shot themselves in the foot. They've spent the last 25 years building up a solid trade relationship with the West, and that's all been destroyed in just three weeks. No-one will be rushing to trade with them again, and they've also shown everyone that they aren't that great a fighting force, either. With one wayward decision, Russia has been set back decades.
    Unless that was the intention all along. Too much Western influence, too many capitalist tendencies creeping in.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Seek medical attention, you're mentally ill.
    Well done, you smashed you're this time.
    As for your world view - I guess it's a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Whichever way this war turns out, Russia have really shot themselves in the foot. They've spent the last 25 years building up a solid trade relationship with the West, and that's all been destroyed in just three weeks. No-one will be rushing to trade with them again, and they've also shown everyone that they aren't that great a fighting force, either. With one wayward decision, Russia has been set back decades.
    Unless that was the intention all along. Too much Western influence, too many capitalist tendencies creeping in.
    As every day goes by it looks more and more like a massive (and murderous) miscalculation by Putin, his circle and his backers.

There are plenty of conspiracy theorists on this board who have been claiming this (like the Covid 'plandemic') is all part of the New World Order master plan to enslave what is left of humanity after the vaccine cull.

But to me it is just more evidence that 'cock up' not conspiracy is usually the right answer.

Even if Putin gets some neutrality guarantee from Ukraine and NATO and gets agreement to autonomy for eastern Ukraine it will still be a monumental political, social and economic own goal.

indeed, it shows if it wasn't for Russia's Nuclear warheads, Russia would have been defeated and the Ukraine on the march to retake Crimea

really does look like own goal with the world watching

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    As every day goes by it looks more and more like a massive (and murderous) miscalculation by Putin, his circle and his backers.

There are plenty of conspiracy theorists on this board who have been claiming this (like the Covid 'plandemic') is all part of the New World Order master plan to enslave what is left of humanity after the vaccine cull.

But to me it is just more evidence that 'cock up' not conspiracy is usually the right answer.

Even if Putin gets some neutrality guarantee from Ukraine and NATO and gets agreement to autonomy for eastern Ukraine it will still be a monumental political, social and economic own goal.
    depends on how he sells it to his people, I guess the line will be " We gave the west a bloody nose and taught them a lesson, the Ukraine will never join NATO, yeah we won "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed, it shows if it wasn't for Russia's Nuclear warheads, Russia would have been defeated and the Ukraine on the march to retake Crimea

really does look like own goal with the world watching

depends on how he sells it to his people, I guess the line will be " We gave the west a bloody nose and taught them a lesson, the Ukraine will never join NATO, yeah we won "
    How long will the sanctions continue though? Say they march back out of Ukraine "triumphantly", and in 6 months time Russia's economy is completely devastated, it won't feel like much of a victory to even the most blinkered Russian

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    How long will the sanctions continue though? Say they march back out of Ukraine "triumphantly", and in 6 months time Russia's economy is completely devastated, it won't feel like much of a victory to even the most blinkered Russian
    agreed, which is why the world needs to hold his nerve and keep the sanctions in place, till every person and his dog / cat knows what has happened

I wonder if China will be the next to lose out on business? Not that they have actually done anything really wrong bar yet to condemn the Russians but will the west be wary of being reliant on countries that it cannot trust, like China? It’s not good to be dependent on them. I hear some firms are thinking of pulling out and moving manufacturing to places like India, where it’s still cheap but we have decent relationships with politically and historically.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wonder if China will be the next to lose out on business? Not that they have actually done anything really wrong bar yet to condemn the Russians but will the west be wary of being reliant on countries that it cannot trust, like China? It’s not good to be dependent on them. I hear some firms are thinking of pulling out and moving manufacturing to places like India, where it’s still cheap but we have decent relationships with politically and historically.
    I doubt it, the sheer volume of things that are made in china would be practically impossible to move away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt it, the sheer volume of things that are made in china would be practically impossible to move away from them.
    I have to agree. Pretty much everything on the shelves of most department stores is made in China. They sewed that market up a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I have to agree. Pretty much everything on the shelves of most department stores is made in China. They sewed that market up a long time ago.
    I agree, but seeing how quick things can change should we make ourselves a bit less reliant even if it takes 20 years

I agree, but seeing how quick things can change should we make ourselves a bit less reliant even if it takes 20 years
    A Tweet here with a link to a good and pertinent article in The Financial Times.

https://twitter.com/KoriSchake/statu...fNAg273qQ&s=19

I hope it does turn out that they've destroyed their trading relationships. Have a horrible feeling that lots of countries will start crawling back and trading with them quite soon after hostilities end. Hopefully that's just me being cynical, would be good to see these sanctions allowed to really take hold

Another Russian general bites the dust, Ukrainians intercepting messages to know where they are and then going for them. The Azov battalion took him out apparently…..

I said that the russian forces were not up to much earlier in this thread.
    Full of hot wind.

I think i read that 75% of the worlds supply chain rely on China in some form or another. who knows, these figures always sound so arbitrary .

Another Russian general bites the dust, Ukrainians intercepting messages to know where they are and then going for them. The Azov battalion took him out apparently…..
    I'd put my money on our SF doing these targets.
    Same with Chechen special forces who were sent in to target the president but were taken out by Ukrainians with two days of training by our SF

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd put my money on our SF doing these targets.
    Same with Chechen special forces who were sent in to target the president but were taken out by Ukrainians with two days of training by our SF
    I dunno, big risk if they're discovered in Ukraine

I see that overnight the Russians have flattened a theatre where about 1000 people were taking shelter.

If the Russian who launched the missile asked for forgiveness I guess he'll be off to heaven at some point.
    However, anyone inside the theatre who's died in the attack, wouldn't have had chance to repent, so won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I see that overnight the Russians have flattened a theatre where about 1000 people were taking shelter.

If the Russian who launched the missile asked for forgiveness I guess he'll be off to heaven at some point.
    However, anyone inside the theatre who's died in the attack, wouldn't have had chance to repent, so won't be.
    Don’t go there….think toothpaste has finally done one
    Looked through all his posts the other day…all god squad stuff…not a single post about football ( and I do get a lot of other stuff goes down on here which is great)