+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fifty more Downing St. fines.

Re: Fifty more Downing St. fines.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Every government in the world didn’t follow the same pathway though and the ones who did probably received financial grants etc to do so.

This was before the vax rollout as well wasn’t it, and not that long after the PM was discharged from hospital.
    Just about every country took measures against covid of some sort. The majority had some kind of lockdown at one point.

I don't think the staff in Number 10 ignoring their own rules is an indication that the risks of covid were not real.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just about every country took measures against covid of some sort. The majority had some kind of lockdown at one point.

I don't think the staff in Number 10 ignoring their own rules is an indication that the risks of covid were not real.
    No it's just an indication that they are a bunch of arrogant tossers with contempt for the public.

The latest Government excuse appears to be that as Johnson’s staff were working harder than anyone else they deserved the right to “let off steam” occasionally (if every week qualifies as occasionally). So, let that be a lesson to you all you NHS staff, others in both public and private sectors - if you pull your fingers out next time there’s a deadly pandemic maybe you too can get pissed, throw up and chuck wine over the walls like the heroes in number 10 did.

Johnson takes “full responsibility” for what I reckon must be for the tenth time for what went wrong - has there ever been a more hollow political apology?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

How was it allowed then , and passed by his public protection , bearing in mind he and a significant amount of the attendee’s we’re back in the House of Commons the next day putting potentially the whole of the Government (and opposition) at risk ?

They would have known the real risk before the public, hence why it was authorised by his bodyguards, health advocates etc.

Yes right

Imagine how many people 100 attendees would have put at risk, indirectly, not forgetting catering staff , security, taxi drivers etc. There was no risk. They knew it.
    The rule makers were the rule breakers - do the maths.
    Yes right

There was no risk yet millions have died due to Covid. Hundreds of thousands in the UK.

You do the maths (at least you didn't use an Americanism this time).

Being a Covid denier is a bit trashy, don't you think? People on this forum are likely to have lost someone close to them due to Covid and here you are telling us all that it's all lies.

But hey, it's only a personal attack if we say nasty things about you.

Be careful how you phrase things , and who’s denied anything, Clearly it’s something that’s affects people over a certain age with co-morbidity elements to health.

Why am I compelled to ask these questions when nobody in the MSM are asking them ?

I don’t mind you saying “ nasty “ things to me if I knew you but I don’t , as long as you would say the same things to me to my face which I suspect you wouldn’t would you ?

Be careful how you phrase things , and who’s denied anything, Clearly it’s something that’s affects people over a certain age with co-morbidity elements to health.

Why am I compelled to ask these questions when nobody in the MSM are asking them ?

I don’t mind you saying “ nasty “ things to me if I knew you but I don’t , as long as you would say the same things to me to my face which I suspect you wouldn’t would you ?
    I would absolutely say them to your face. Why on earth wouldn't I challenge the absolute tripe you say on here if I heard you say it in person.

Your views are frankly offensive. Not because they are different to mine but you consistently deny facts and believe everything your read that you don't like is a hoax or fake news

"Why am I compelled to ask these questions when nobody in the MSM are asking them ?"

I dread to think what this question actually means.

You're categorically wrong about the risks of Covid and whether you can face that fact or not, you will be consistently corrected and presented with the evidence that shows your are wrong - and sometimes you also be belittled for your views/questions/opinions (delete as appropriate) by myself and others as you deserve nothing but contempt for some of the absolute rubbish you have posted on here.

Have a lovely evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I would absolutely say them to your face. Why on earth wouldn't I challenge the absolute tripe you say on here if I heard you say it in person.

Your views are frankly offensive. Not because they are different to mine but you consistently deny facts and believe everything your read that you don't like is a hoax or fake news

"Why am I compelled to ask these questions when nobody in the MSM are asking them ?"

I dread to think what this question actually means.

You're categorically wrong about the risks of Covid and whether you can face that fact or not, you will be consistently corrected and presented with the evidence that shows your are wrong - and sometimes you also be belittled for your views/questions/opinions (delete as appropriate) by myself and others as you deserve nothing but contempt for some of the absolute rubbish you have posted on here.

Have a lovely evening.
    I don’t particularly care what you think, or others in-fact. I didn’t have a party or break the rules so I find it perplexing that the top table of government did without the same concern as the public and as you say what the “Data” is telling them. It’s obvious to me and most of my social circle why they did. You don’t have to agree though.

Yes right

Imagine how many people 100 attendees would have put at risk, indirectly, not forgetting catering staff , security, taxi drivers etc. There was no risk. They knew it.
    The rule makers were the rule breakers - do the maths.
    You make no allowance for people at works events/parties/gatherings or whatever Johnson and his apologists are calling them today catching Covid and passing it on to to people overa certain age with co morbidity elements who even you concede were in danger from Covid.

One other thing, are you really saying that all of the people at number ten knew that Covid was no threat to them back in May 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You make no allowance for people at works events/parties/gatherings or whatever Johnson and his apologists are calling them today catching Covid and passing it on to to people overa certain age with co morbidity elements who even you concede were in danger from Covid.

One other thing, are you really saying that all of the people at number ten knew that Covid was no threat to them back in May 2020?
    I just can’t imagine it being allowed if they were following the science and Government data. They would know more than what they were telling the public.

Would you have attended an event like this at the time ?

Boris Johnson says he won't resign. I remember a lot of UK politicians. I cannot think of one I've despised more than him. For the sake of even-handedness, I'll add that Tony Blair was previously top of the list.

I just can’t imagine it being allowed if they were following the science and Government data. They would know more than what they were telling the public.

Would you have attended an event like this at the time ?
    No, absolutely no way. The truth is that there are some very selfish people about and, right from very early in the pandemic, it was known that the chances of people dying or becoming seriously ill with Covid declined dramatically the younger you were. In a working environment that I suspect contained plenty of large egos, they tended not to think of the consequences for others, only themselves.

I don’t particularly care what you think, or others in-fact. I didn’t have a party or break the rules so I find it perplexing that the top table of government did without the same concern as the public and as you say what the “Data” is telling them. It’s obvious to me and most of my social circle why they did. You don’t have to agree though.
    It's not perplexing in the slightest when you take into account which government you are discussing.

This government are corrupt through and through and don't give a hoot about anyone other than themselves. They happily stab each other in the back if they think that it can help elevate their own political future.

The fact that they were partying whilst knowing the dangers of Covid isn't proof that they "knew there was no risk" - it's categorical proof that they simply didn't care about the inevitability that they could be spreading it and killing people.

It's a prime example of "do as I say, not as I do". They think that they were above sticking to the rules, even though they knew the risks.

Politicians throughout history have been found to have been hypocrites. That's all that this is: hypocrisy.

It's not perplexing in the slightest when you take into account which government you are discussing.

This government are corrupt through and through and don't give a hoot about anyone other than themselves. They happily stab each other in the back if they think that it can help elevate their own political future.

The fact that they were partying whilst knowing the dangers of Covid isn't proof that they "knew there was no risk" - it's categorical proof that they simply didn't care about the inevitability that they could be spreading it and killing people.

It's a prime example of "do as I say, not as I do". They think that they were above sticking to the rules, even though they knew the risks.

Politicians throughout history have been found to have been hypocrites. That's all that this is: hypocrisy.
    If you think the government are corrupt (bold statement) then clearly you must accept people have the right to at least question the policy of lockdown two years later.

All the predictions were wildly inaccurate and were common knowledge at the time. I think it will take years to recover from this.

If you think the government are corrupt (bold statement) then clearly you must accept people have the right to at least question the policy of lockdown two years later.

All the predictions were wildly inaccurate and were common knowledge at the time. I think it will take years to recover from this.
    Declaring that this government is corrupt is a "bold statement"?

Thanks for that.

No, absolutely no way. The truth is that there are some very selfish people about and, right from very early in the pandemic, it was known that the chances of people dying or becoming seriously ill with Covid declined dramatically the younger you were. In a working environment that I suspect contained plenty of large egos, they tended not to think of the consequences for others, only themselves.
    Very well put, TOBW. Many people may have thought that they themselves may have survived Covid OK (which may not have necessarily have been the case) but considered the possibility that they could pass on the virus to someone older and have been effectively responsible for someone else's demise.

If your M.P. is a Tory then I suggest you write to him/her asap to ask them to stand up and be counted as one of the 54 required to trigger the vote of no confidence in the P.M. In my case I will be doing that tomorrow morning. If you or Joe Public don't bother then they can justifiably claim that there is no appetite amongst their constituents for such action.

I did once read somewhere that if M.P.'s receive more than a certain number of letters/emails on a single subject then that means that there are probably a whole lot more people out there who feel the same way. Typically I can't find any reference to that now but IIRC it was a relative small number.

No one else is asking the questions, because frankly they are stupid.

Number 10 was by far the biggest concentration of fines. Why weren't scientists, virologists, healthcare workers, etc all partying hard? Surely they "understand the risks" more than politicians, civil servants and admin?

Meanwhile, the medical 'guru' who promulgated strict lockdown policies and hectored the government and the public non-stop for two years got away scot free after his lockdown-breaking shagging visits demonstrated the ultimate hypocrisy.

I'm no fan of BJ, but some of those lockdown rules were absolute ludicrous, and more fool the public for slavishly following them to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Meanwhile, the medical 'guru' who promulgated strict lockdown policies and hectored the government and the public non-stop for two years got away scot free after his lockdown-breaking shagging visits demonstrated the ultimate hypocrisy.

I'm no fan of BJ, but some of those lockdown rules were absolute ludicrous, and more fool the public for slavishly following them to the letter.
    If you mean Neil Ferguson - he resigned from his government role for undermining the lockdown rules, which is what people are wanting Boris Johnson to do.

Saying that he got off "scot free" is incorrect.

You can treat the UKs death toll in relation to lockdowns in two ways. First, you could look at 180,000 deaths when I can remember predictions of 20,000 dead when the pandemic started and say that lockdowns were clearly a waste of time, but I tend to favour the view that asks if 180,000 have died with lockdowns, how many more would have without them?

You can treat the UKs death toll in relation to lockdowns in two ways. First, you could look at 180,000 deaths when I can remember predictions of 20,000 dead when the pandemic started and say that lockdowns were clearly a waste of time, but I tend to favour the view that asks if 180,000 have died with lockdowns, how many more would have without them?
    I was in Llandaff Fields walking [within 5 linear miles of my home] with my wife. We bumped into a friend and stood yards apart. A van marked 'HM Coastguard' came down the path, stopped, and bawled out instructions to 'disperse immediately' through a megaphone. A couple forced by hospital staff to watch their 13yr old son die [not COVID[ as they watched behind a screen wearing hazmat suits. People afraid to visit a dying relative in case they're accused of law-breaking by the tens of thousands of do-good snoopers ready to shout 'it's the law !!!'. These examples can be multiplied 1000's of times over the last 2 yrs, yet I doubt anyone was put in any extra danger if they had been ignored. I cut the top of my finger a year ago and had to go to A&E. I was the only 1 there. Last week I took someone to the A&E - there must have been 70 - some had been there for 2 nights. People who had serious conditions the last 2.5yrs have been virtually written off. Of course there had to be guidance in place for the vulnerable, but the negative effects of 'lockdowns' will be felt for years by many.

If you mean Neil Ferguson - he resigned from his government role for undermining the lockdown rules, which is what people are wanting Boris Johnson to do.

Saying that he got off "scot free" is incorrect.
    He remained with SAGE, and he was still on the TV [BBC] what seemed like every effing day.

He remained with SAGE, and he was still on the TV [BBC] what seemed like every effing day.
    Boris Johnson would still be an MP and could be on TV [GB News] every effing day if he resigned.

He should still resign though - just as Neil Ferguson did.