Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
A few months ago there was a thread on here about which of the youngsters would be the most likely to make it, and I said, based on ability alone, it would be Bowen.

Im clearly not as privy to the inner workings of the club as some on here, but of the rumours I have heard, it seems that Bowen's problems are not related to his ability.

In Bellamy's interview with VFTN about the youngsters, he did mention that Bowen has always had a tendency to not push himself and take the easy route. And this seems to be the basis of most of the rumours going around.

Whatever the case, it's a shame for the club. Hopefully Eli King can continue to kick on and develop into a Championship level player.
I think the tendancy not to push themselves is a big thing for Morison, probably largely influenced by how his own career stuttered and then came back.

several of the other youngsters continued to work hard and improve, even when they were dropped back to the U23s, and came back stronger, perhaps Bowen knowing that he was at least as talented as the other players who were breaking through, thought he was also a shoe in, but didn't respond as well to Morison's direct personality or being dropped back to the U23s.

he definitely has talent though, and perhaps a different manager will be able to get the best out of him, could be that their personalities just don't suit each other