Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Perhaps not, but the song's author has a conviction for defacing English-language road signs and it's pretty obvious who he's referring to when he's singing about 'everyone and everything'.

To be honest, I've got no real problem with it. Despite having been to a great many Wales games over the years, I don't go to many these days, so it doesn't really affect me. The sense of duty I once felt has long since passed and international football doesn't interest me anywhere near as much as it once did. But I do find the Welsh nationalist thing amusing and more than a little ironic given the make-up of the Wales team in recent years and the fact that all of our top clubs play in the English league system.
I can understand your apathy to Cardiff City after the rebrand ( one of my sons still has it too) but seems strange to apply that to supporting the Welsh national team as well. There is so much to be liked about supporting the Wales team right now, a likeable bunch of players who appear to have a bond with the fans and each other and regularly perform above their status as league players. A wonderful sense of the whole nation ( north and south) behind the team with the previous silly issues between Cardiff Swansea and Newport fans at games hopefully now a thing of the past. Sensible affordable ticket pricing , in particular for kids and encouraging the Welsh language as part of the Welsh identity , whilst not ramming it down our throats , is only to be applauded .

I also thought the organisation at the stadium on Sunday was excellent, no problems getting in or getting served in the concourse

Of course a successful side also helps a lot!

I’ve also been going to Wales games since the 70’s and seems a strange thing to feel it was more “ interesting” to support Wales in the past when we were much less successful and much more of a shambles on and off the pitch