+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No one park outside my house, it's for my car!

Re: No one park outside my house, it's for my car!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    We have people in our road with 2 cars in the household. There's only on road parking. If theres a gap big enough for 2 cars, 1 will park in the middle leaving half a space each side. When their other half gets home they'll move slightly to create the other space.
    Annoying but smart thinking.
    Similar around where I live. Unfortunately one household has 4 cars despite only 2 people living there, there are 5-6 work vans etc. Cars have to park partly on pavements. I could easily have a drive at the bottom of my garden but the road surface of the back lane is so poor that one wrong pothole in the dark would take your sump off.

There needs to be a solution to this while car ownership keeps increasing.

Following links above - did you know that if you park on the street overnight, the car has to be facing the "right way", ie not facing oncoming traffic, so that headlights will reflect off your rear red reflectors. Fine up to £1000 apparently. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I even get angry at the disabled people.
    Wanna fight?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Inclusive anger
    That's all we ask for!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    What an awful waste of 3 lives

Some people are extremely territorial.
    The majority of Cardiff’s houses were built Post war and the streets are too small to accommodate the residents cars especially when some households have 2/3/4 cars each.
    Hence people putting traffic cones and wheelie bins to save their particular space.
    Couple this with commuters who park outside yours and walk into town or over the bay which happens to us on a daily basis I can understand why people get annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The majority of Cardiff’s houses were built Post war and the streets are too small to accommodate the residents cars especially when some households have 2/3/4 cars each.
    Hence people putting traffic cones and wheelie bins to save their particular space.
    Couple this with commuters who park outside yours and walk into town or over the bay which happens to us on a daily basis I can understand why people get annoyed
    I thought Cardiffs housing stock was Victorian mostly and inter War?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought Cardiffs housing stock was Victorian mostly and inter War?
    I think most "inner" Cardiff is as you say, but I think the vast majority of satellite estates are 60s or later.
    My area was built in the 80s, and most have a garage and short drive. Most households don't use the garage, some have converted them to extra rooms and leave cars on drives. But there's no room for street parking, and the roads are not wide enough to park on both sides so there's loads of pavement parking.
    There's been some newer houses built in the last ten years, costing a fortune, and still developers think along the lines of one car per house, no visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Try being disabled and you'll instantly see why.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On several occasions my next door neighbour has had her car parked literally across the road, then if we've had to go out, has got in her car to park where we had been parked, all of 5 yards away. She has shouted at people for daring to park outside her house and has been very abusive to some of the locals.
    I went to a mates in West Wales arrived Friday night, parked outside a house two doors down with a big drive no cars on there, before I could get the bags out some old bag flew out "you can't park there, it's where my Son parks when he visits on Tuesdays".

I said don't worry i'll be gone by then, she said "No you can't park there it's my house, park outside his house", she was so angry, so I moved one down further for the sake of my mate, but imagine living life like that?

we are in the valleys and the commuters for town aren't as bad, the worst are the ones who are going to town or the park for a few hours, its like 50p to park in town

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    we are in the valleys and the commuters for town aren't as bad, the worst are the ones who are going to town or the park for a few hours, its like 50p to park in town
    Ya, but women can’t manipulate car parks (where’s that hiding behind the wall smiley)

The problems are only going to get worse when electric cars become the norm.

I live next to a school and the parking around drop off and pick up times is appalling. It doesn't bother me though, because I chose to buy a house next to a school. It would be illogical for me to get annoyed at people ensuring their kids get there or get home safely. I get my kicks from laughing at the attempts to make three-point-turns in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The problems are only going to get worse when electric cars become the norm.
    and will be better when self driving cars become the norm

A few years ago I lived on the Graig in Pontypridd and parking was an absolute nightmare.
    Streets of terraced houses with no provision for parking. On a good day I would be able to get within 20-30 metres from my house. On a bad day I had to park up to 3 streets away, which isn't fun when it's pissing it down with rain and you have kids and a load of shopping in the car, either that or park illegally and risk a ticket.

It was mostly people who would leave their cars there and walk down into Pontypridd or to the hospital to work - because late at night there were always numerous spaces and during the first lockdown you could basically park anywhere you wanted.

I never noticed any aggro though as everyone was in the same boat, I'm sure they all realised I'd much rather be parking outside my own house if I could.

Now living in a leafy suburb of North Cardiff, and everyone has their own driveway - which is so much better. But there is probably more complaining about where people are parking than in the Graig when people leave a car on the street outside someone else's house.

Ah the Graig
    Know it well
    I used to go to The Globe on a Friday and Saturday night
    A copper would come in after his shift and after loads of requests from the regulars would sing 🎶 a rendition of “Jesamine” by The Casuals
    He was pretty awesome to be fair 🤩
    Memories lol

Ah the Graig
    Know it well
    A copper would come in after his shift and after loads of requests from the regulars would sing 🎶 a rendition of “Jesamine” by The Casuals
    He was pretty awesome to be fair 🤩
    Memories lol
    That song is such an earworm for me.
    Gonna be in my head for days now :)

Ah the Graig
    Know it well
    A copper would come in after his shift and after loads of requests from the regulars would sing �� a rendition of “Jesamine” by The Casuals
    He was pretty awesome to be fair ��
    Memories lol
    I used to live about 15 metres from the Globe- it wasnt a pub any more, just someone's house.
    there were still 2 other pubs less than a minutes walk and probably 5 or 6 others within 5 minutes

It’s been in my head for forty years lol 😂
    Ask Alexa to play it for you 🎶🎶👍

Are new homes in the UK being built with attached garages? There are lots of homes in the United States that have no garages, but they are old homes. Pretty much any house built since 1970, and perhaps since 1960, has at least a one-car garage and more likely a two-car garage. Three-car garages are not that unusual anymore, either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by El Horno View Post
    I live next to a school and the parking around drop off and pick up times is appalling. It doesn't bother me though, because I chose to buy a house next to a school. It would be illogical for me to get annoyed at people ensuring their kids get there or get home safely. I get my kicks from laughing at the attempts to make three-point-turns in the road.
    Right attitude, I used to live near a funeral home in Birchgrove, every so often there would be a lot or extra cars, fair enough I bought the house and accepted it was my choice and to live with it. I moved fairly quickly though as it was only stepping stone to a better house.

Some people buy near a town Centre, or village, then moan when people park outside their house?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Are new homes in the UK being built with attached garages? There are lots of homes in the United States that have no garages, but they are old homes. Pretty much any house built since 1970, and perhaps since 1960, has at least a one-car garage and more likely a two-car garage. Three-car garages are not that unusual anymore, either.
    Yes. Loads get converted. Ive got a garage. Havent put a car in it for at least 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes. Loads get converted. Ive got a garage. Havent put a car in it for at least 10 years.
    i dont understand this there are people by me that leave valuable cars out on the roadside and keep the recycling in the garage