Thread: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Re: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

I'm glad there's some good news in Durham at last

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/ne...ice-chief-pay/

The lady deserves this new contract..

Nothing to see here..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Except Starmer wasn't guilty of anything?
    In the eyes of Durham police force ..

Other forces should have carried out the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

You lost. Get over it.

Yet you created a thread (which is currently just below this one) calling Durham Polices decision to investigate Starmer “crazy”

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    You lost. Get over it.
    #Pray for LOM

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yet you created a thread (which is currently just below this one) calling Durham Polices decision to investigate Starmer “crazy”
    I may have but that doesn't mean it's right , last time I blinked 15 folk drinking and eating after 10pm in lockdown is not a work event... it was a celebration of an election win and as a consequence should have faced a fine as other folks in the UK faced ... to be fair Sir Kier played a blinder saying he would resign as that put a lot of strain on Durham police ...

I understand your hatred of the Tories and its nowhere comparable to what Johnson did in his place of work, however its still a cime however small it was .

I may have but that doesn't mean it's right , last time I blinked 15 folk drinking and eating after 10pm in lockdown is not a work event... it was a celebration of an election win and as a consequence should have faced a fine as other folks in the UK faced ... to be fair Sir Kier played a blinder saying he would resign as that put a lot of strain on Durham police ...

I understand your hatred of the Tories and its nowhere comparable to what Johnson did in his place of work, however its still a cime however small it was .
    Except it wasn't a crime no matter how often you say it was. I know you have started three separate threads on this and invested a lot of energy trying to create some moral equivalence between Starmer and the dearly departing Johnson. Your response since Durham Police determined there was no case to answer suggests you are in the denial phase of the grieving process.

Perhaps it would have been wiser to reflect on your view of how Dominic Cummings was treated. when Durham Police found that he was in breach of the regulations but took no action.

You considered it a media frenzy desperate for a scalp. Rather ironic that it was a media frenzy by the Mail, Express and Telegraph that instigated this in the first place and left Starmer looking stronger as a result whilst their/your hero counts down his lame duck days.

“Beergate” occurred on 30 April last year and involved Labour Party staff who were meeting to discuss the forthcoming Hartlepool by election to be held during the following week on 6 May. I think most people know that the result of that vote was a humiliating loss for Labour - they were not celebrating a win, they were trying to avoid a loss that their polling must have told them was very likely.

It’s not a crime because the police decided there was no case to answer. The Police decided Johnson only merited a fine in the case of one of the many parties/works meetings he attended, so, as much as I may think he deserved more punishment than he got, the police felt differently, what he did was not a crime in most of the events the police considered. As someone said in a thread on here recently - the two scores that could have come out of this were something like Johnson 5 Starmer 1 (an outcome which would have seen the latter resign) or Johnson 1 Starmer 0 - different scores, but the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    “Beergate” occurred on 30 April last year and involved Labour Party staff who were meeting to discuss the forthcoming Hartlepool by election to be held during the following week on 6 May. I think most people know that the result of that vote was a humiliating loss for Labour - they were not celebrating a win, they were trying to avoid a loss that their polling must have told them was very likely.

It’s not a crime because the police decided there was no case to answer. The Police decided Johnson only merited a fine in the case of one of the many parties/works meetings he attended, so, as much as I may think he deserved more punishment than he got, the police felt differently, what he did was not a crime in most of the events the police considered. As someone said in a thread on here recently - the two scores that could have come out of this were something like Johnson 5 Starmer 1 (an outcome which would have seen the latter resign) or Johnson 1 Starmer 0 - different scores, but the same result.
    Following upon LOM's reasoning Johnson's transgressions should have been investigated by a police force other than the Metropolitan Police. Had that happened many might suspect Johnson could have incurred even more fines and criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Following upon LOM's reasoning Johnson's transgressions should have been investigated by a police force other than the Metropolitan Police. Had that happened many might suspect Johnson could have incurred even more fines and criticism.
    First time I have seen LoM and reasoning in the same sentence without "lack of" appearing. Fair play!

You lost. Get over it.
    Come on, LOM is right here. In an intensely political decision, it shouldn't be up to another Labour electee to oversee it.

I've opposed party political Police and Crime Commissioners from day one. It is a preposterous state of affairs and doesn't aid public trust at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57043100

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Come on, LOM is right here. In an intensely political decision, it shouldn't be up to another Labour electee to oversee it.

I've opposed party political Police and Crime Commissioners from day one. It is a preposterous state of affairs and doesn't aid public trust at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57043100
    Come on, you don't care about beergate/cakegate etc - remember?

Life on Mars hasn't been right about anything I've seen him post

Move on James

Come on, you don't care about beergate/cakegate etc - remember?

Life on Mars hasn't been right about anything I've seen him post

Move on James
    I'll just summarise my opinions on this before I go out on the lash for the Wales game

1 / It's not that I don't care (its news, by definition I care) I just think it's all overblown

2 / I am glad Boris has gone. His time had come.

3 / I didnt want Starmer to go. I quite like him, I also think he will not try to reverse brexit and an alternative Labour leader may have , or may have been a Corbynista.

4 / I do think he has got away with it on beergate. I really dont think what he did was different to Sunak and the idea they all carried on working after beer is somewhat questionable. At the very least, it's bad optics when the country faced so many restrictions.

5 / Almost as a statement of fact, the Tories havent got away with it, and Labour possibly have. By definition, the charge of 'one rule for them...' is more easily applied to Labour now, sorry.

6 / I think Police and Crime Commissioners being linked to political parties is utterly preposterous. Police forces are for all, and making them political will only undermine trust. That Durhams PCCC stands on a Labour ticket doesn't help with public trust really...and same would be in reverse.

7 / There absolutely was a very different response when Durham police did not fine Dominic Cummings compared to when they did not fine Starmer. Quite a bit of hypocrisy about.

8 / We absolutely should move on from it, as we should try to from all things Covid.

9 / It's a sunny day, so mines a lager please.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'll just summarise my opinions on this before I go out on the lash for the Wales game

1 / It's not that I don't care (its news, by definition I care) I just think it's all overblown

2 / I am glad Boris has gone. His time had come.

3 / I didnt want Starmer to go. I quite like him, I also think he will not try to reverse brexit and an alternative Labour leader may have , or may have been a Corbynista.

4 / I do think he has got away with it on beergate. I really dont think what he did was different to Sunak and the idea they all carried on working after beer is somewhat questionable. At the very least, it's bad optics when the country faced so many restrictions.

5 / Almost as a statement of fact, the Tories havent got away with it, and Labour possibly have. By definition, the charge of 'one rule for them...' is more easily applied to Labour now, sorry.

6 / I think Police and Crime Commissioners being linked to political parties is utterly preposterous. Police forces are for all, and making them political will only undermine trust. That Durhams PCCC stands on a Labour ticket doesn't help with public trust really...and same would be in reverse.

7 / There absolutely was a very different response when Durham police did not fine Dominic Cummings compared to when they did not fine Starmer. Quite a bit of hypocrisy about.

8 / We absolutely should move on from it, as we should try to from all things Covid.

9 / It's a sunny day, so mines a lager please.
    You've already had a pint of false equivalency so try to take it easy on the lager - especially in this weather.

Enjoy

You've already had a pint of false equivalency so try to take it easy on the lager - especially in this weather.

Enjoy
    Any excuse not to get the beers in..