+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climate Change - How much do you actually care

Climate Change - How much do you actually care

I think if anyone is asked "do you care about Climate Change?" you'd be pretty heartless to say no.

However looking at the Welsh Gov's changes, the changes to the built environment and all corporate efforts to be more virtuous than the next I only notice what all this green agenda actually costs financially. Now, I understand that something needs to be done, and if not this generation, then which.

But I'm just wondering is it actually high on anyone's priorities. It's this generation's youngsters that's being squeezed more than any before it

Re: Climate Change - How much do you actually care

I'm still waiting for the people with comfortable earnings or wealth to tell me how the race to net zero will be funded for the poor and needy, it just feels if your wealthy , comftable or retired on a nice pension house paid for you can say yes something has to be done and they rush off and insulate thier home or buy a Hybrid car ,and the rest can just wonder how they can afford such things ,this could well cause more poverty..

the trade off for being greener does cost more

of course people in their 50 will be thinking of their children and grand kids for the future

I wonder if the people who have no kids think the same, do they have the same passion to change the way they have always lived to be more greener and save the planet for future generations or are they thinking of the Now and the spiralling costs in life and thinking " deal with now, forget the future " ? ? ?

I care enough to appreciate the intention of Reading FC with their home shirt - even if I think it looks awful.

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/reading-...-kit-released/

I care because I've got kids and I don't want them, when they're my age in about 30 years time, to be part of a generation that blames previous generations for not doing enough when they had chance to.

If you travel around a lot of countries in Asia and Africa and see the absolute mountains of plastic and rubbish for tens of miles on end (including the clogged waterways) and you see the pollution belching out on the streets from vehicles, workshops and factories, it's easy to come back home and, very sadly, wonder if some of the altruistic measures we take will really make that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I care enough to appreciate the intention of Reading FC with their home shirt - even if I think it looks awful.

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/reading-...-kit-released/
    The only intention of that shirt is to get a bit of attention and to sell some shirts. Load of rubbish if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If you travel around a lot of countries in Asia and Africa and see the absolute mountains of plastic and rubbish for tens of miles on end (including the clogged waterways) and you see the pollution belching out on the streets from vehicles, workshops and factories, it's easy to come back home and, very sadly, wonder if some of the altruistic measures we take will really make that much of a difference.
    And the west keeps sending them more

International

Yes and China, Russia, India, Korea and most of the rest of the World doing very little it makes you raelise that whatever we do will be just a drop in the Ocean.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes and China, Russia, India, Korea and most of the rest of the World doing very little it makes you raelise that whatever we do will be just a drop in the Ocean.
    realise

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

of course people in their 50 will be thinking of their children and grand kids for the future

I wonder if the people who have no kids think the same, do they have the same passion to change the way they have always lived to be more greener and save the planet for future generations or are they thinking of the Now and the spiralling costs in life and thinking " deal with now, forget the future " ? ? ?

No more Disney for you!

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...for-each-guest

That's exactly how I think.
    When my wife reprimands me for not putting egg shells in the food caddy, that's what I'll tell her.
    I'm going to copy and post your comment and pin it next to the caddy....together with your email address

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I am not sure why people would go on the VIP adventure tour, apart from rich Americans who are too lazy to plan

The 24-day “bucket list adventure”, which is limited to 75 guests, takes in 12 Disney resorts in six countries on three continents. Customers will travel on a “VIP-configured” Boeing 757, accompanied by Disney staff “who [will] provide fun and fact-filled stories enabling you to be immersed in every location you visit”.

now a tour of all the Disney parks on a trip would be cool, but surely it would be more fun to plan it yourself, though that might just me

on a serious note of waste at Disney, we often watch in Disney the amount of waste and its depressing, be it some fat American fillings a plate up with shrimps and only eating 5 and filling another plate up with Chicken and eating only a small bit then going back and filling a plate up with meat cuts and only eating a few, its a reason we cant do " buffets " now, our other pet hate is when they collect food from a counter, go over to the "condiments bar" grab handfuls of ketchup / mayo / BBQ sauces, pile them high on the tray, you know ( and watch them ) open 1 or 2 and then pour the rest from the tray into the bin after they finish, just grab a few of each, if you need more, walk the 10 yards and get a few more

Ensuring there is a plentiful supply of bugs to eat should be our main focus going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    When my wife reprimands me for not putting egg shells in the food caddy, that's what I'll tell her.
    I'm going to copy and post your comment and pin it next to the caddy....together with your email address
    Thanks a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

At least those without progeny are not adding to the overpopulation of the planet and the demands that will continue to be made of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Private jets is another one.

I care enough to wonder what is going to happen long term, but also realistic enough to understand that I'll be gone long before things get really bad - if they do. I'm a great believer in the 'just in time' theory of development, and I'm convinced that we will come up with a solution sooner or later.
    The problem as I see it, is that this is big business versus the people, and at the moment, big business is winning the argument. There are lots of small things the governments could do (ie. insist that ALL package MUST be bio-degradable), but they're pretty much in thrall to big business, so it doesn't happen.

At least those without progeny are not adding to the overpopulation of the planet and the demands that will continue to be made of it.
    Boris and Prince William don't seem to be too bothered about overpopulation, why should you be?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    China are making big strides to lower carbon emissions, i think they will do it quickly due to the top down nature of theiŕ system.

Humans are on earth to reproduce, plus, Europe
    Has a old/young population short fall. We need more Westerners having kids.

I care a lot, so much so that I won't have kids because we won't do anything about it. We've decided as a society it's more important to help a few people control extreme levels of wealth rather than solve planetary issues.

You can see the conservatives on this board who are batshit insane and unfortunately there are too many people like them simping for the 1%.

We are already starting to see the consequences, this summer is the coolest summer any of us will have for the rest of our lives.

To the board racists who froth at the mouth at refugees, you haven't seen anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Humans are on earth to reproduce, plus, Europe
    Has a old/young population short fall. We need more Westerners having kids.
    We all know you mean a different w word there.

First Team

Yes, care quite a lot , if not for me then for my grandchildren etc.
    I have taken steps to do my part such as ditching the car but I fully accept the argument of why bother when big industry continues on its merry way.
    Maybe it is just my way of soothing my personal guilt but I believe in the old missive of “ from little acorns do mighty oaks grow”.
    Something has to give and I just hope it is not too late to change our ways.

It's too late unfortunately