+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The process for adding a player to a club's group life insurance would just be to tell the broker to add him and at what value, then for the broker to tell the insurer to do the same. No medical info or signatures would usually be needed.
    However, I think there's a fair chance one or both of those things didn't happen, the "signing" happening on a Saturday afternoon. There may be a clause giving temporary cover for new signings before they're officially added, but if there is it would have a much lower limit of cover than Sala's value.
    I believe Cardiff sacked their broker not long after the accident. Read into that what you want.
    I am guessing here but Cardiff must think they have a fairly good chance of winning the CAS hearing , otherwise wouldn’t they have just come to some amicable arrangement with FC Nantes ?

They must have spent about %15 of the transfer fee in legal fees so far .

Forgive me if i am way off the mark here. But was the transfer fee not agreed at an initial 5 million payment and then additional payments after x amount of games played, bringing the total transfer fee up to 15million cap? As much as this is a serious tragic event and it pains to see all the haggling and arguments, but as the player is deceased, the latter part of the contract (games played) cannot be realised/completed.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Forgive me if i am way off the mark here. But was the transfer fee not agreed at an initial 5 million payment and then additional payments after x amount of games played, bringing the total transfer fee up to 15million cap? As much as this is a serious tragic event and it pains to see all the haggling and arguments, but as the player is deceased, the latter part of the contract (games played) cannot be realised/completed.
    Spedger
    The agreed fee was £15m payable, just like many transfers, in installments. I'm pretty certain that none of it was tied to appearances. The £5m we were told to pay was just the first installment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    I understood it to be £15m (although a Euros figure) to be paid in three annual instalments - not £5m with another £10m based on 'add on' factors like appearances.

As others have said Emiliano Sala's registration had either been transferred to Cardiff or was still held by Nantes at the time of his death. That will be a matter of legal fact determined by CAS or a civil court. The insurers will be driving the legal process. If it is determined that Sala was a Cardiff player there will probably be series of new cases to follow - to claim compensation from those (or their insurers) who arranged the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I understood it to be £15m (although a Euros figure) to be paid in three annual instalments - not £5m with another £10m based on 'add on' factors like appearances.

As others have said Emiliano Sala's registration had either been transferred to Cardiff or was still held by Nantes at the time of his death. That will be a matter of legal fact determined by CAS or a civil court. The insurers will be driving the legal process. If it is determined that Sala was a Cardiff player there will probably be series of new cases to follow - to claim compensation from those (or their insurers) who arranged the flight.
    Genuine question….. would the full fee still be payable if we went into admin ? I’m sure Derby had to pay out all remaining transfers fees in full regardless of administration

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Genuine question….. would the full fee still be payable if we went into admin ? I’m sure Derby had to pay out all remaining transfers fees in full regardless of administration
    Administration isn't bankruptcy so they would still have to pay, but they may have been able to renegotiate payment terms with creditors.

Administration is an option that no right thinking fan would wish on the club and I do not believe Vincent Tan would wish it either and would do everything to avoid it.

Remember as well that the club has already made provision in the accounts for over £21m should the Sala case be lost so it would impact on cash but not on profits and would be unlikely to cause a Profitability and Sustainability problem with EFL.

In answer to your question though, yes transfer fees would have to be paid in full as football rules require all football debts to be treated with "super priority" ahead of all other creditors and a club can`t come out of Administration with complying with that.

I am guessing here but Cardiff must think they have a fairly good chance of winning the CAS hearing , otherwise wouldn’t they have just come to some amicable arrangement with FC Nantes ?

They must have spent about %15 of the transfer fee in legal fees so far .
    I think they must do.

Just noticed that part 3 is now available on iPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

IIRC fee was £15m/€17m

Has anyone mentioned the taxi scenario yet?

Only looked at the first page with some wild opinions on how transfers work

Just listened to the latest podcast , Sala was on €48,000 per month at FC Nantes , Cardiff we’re going to pay him £50,000 per week.

Just listened to the latest podcast , Sala was on €48,000 per month at FC Nantes , Cardiff we’re going to pay him £50,000 per week.
    Have listened to first 3. Nothing new really, but bit eerie to hear voice notes from Sala.

He definitely wasn’t all that keen on coming really, seemed to love his life in France.

Not sure where they’re going to go with the remaining episodes, feels pretty covered.

It's just a really hard listen.
    It's crazy to think that Henderson could be out of prison this month while many are obviously still mourning this boy.
    The lad should never have been on that plane, although I appreciate that's stating the fvcking obvious.

3 episodes in. Not bad but significantly more posts on this thread about the build up than since it actually started. So either people arent listening or they are but don't think much worth debating.

So far i think its decent so not going to knock it as its not awful but just a summary of what we already know really?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    3 episodes in. Not bad but significantly more posts on this thread about the build up than since it actually started. So either people arent listening or they are but don't think much worth debating.

So far i think its decent so not going to knock it as its not awful but just a summary of what we already know really?
    Give it time. There are 9 episodes. I’m sure there will be plenty to talk about in due course.

International

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Have listened to first 3. Nothing new really, but bit eerie to hear voice notes from Sala.

He definitely wasn’t all that keen on coming really, seemed to love his life in France.

Not sure where they’re going to go with the remaining episodes, feels pretty covered.
    I can't understand how Ibbotson took the risk in the first place, at the airport he must have seen the weather, he knew on the way to France the plane was making a warning noise and that there was a large bang, and that he was rusty on how to land that type of plane?

Why did he risk his life he was a 59 year old man, by that age you have life experience, you just ring Henderson and say I’m not getting in that thing, send someone to have it checked over, i'm get an easy jet flight home.

Then I also can't understand why Emiliano got on the plane, why didn't he just ring Warnock or his team and say they've sent a death trap, I’ll be home a day late I have to take the flight from Paris?

They were both reckless it was so unnecessary, it doesn't make sense at all, I’ve heard Ibbotson was skint, but you shouldn't risk your life for a few quid?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Give it time. There are 9 episodes. I’m sure there will be plenty to talk about in due course.
    I am. Im enjoying it.

Was just making an observation there was far more talk about it before it started than since it actually did start. Maybe that's the intention though.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I can't understand how Ibbotson took the risk in the first place, at the airport he must have seen the weather, he knew on the way to France the plane was making a warning noise and that there was a large bang, and that he was rusty on how to land that type of plane?

Why did he risk his life he was a 59 year old man, by that age you have life experience, you just ring Henderson and say I’m not getting in that thing, send someone to have it checked over, i'm get an easy jet flight home.

Then I also can't understand why Emiliano got on the plane, why didn't he just ring Warnock or his team and say they've sent a death trap, I’ll be home a day late I have to take the flight from Paris?

They were both reckless it was so unnecessary, it doesn't make sense at all, I’ve heard Ibbotson was skint, but you shouldn't risk your life for a few quid?
    Not sure calling sala reckless is the way to go here.......

International

Not sure calling sala reckless is the way to go here.......

No maybe not the right words, but if you've listened to it, you will know he made a serious error of judgment, he was very scared and didn't think it was safe yet still got on the plane, I can't understand how either of them took such a massive risk?

I am. Im enjoying it. Was just making an observation there was far more talk about it before it started than since it actually did start. Maybe that's the intention though.
    I think they’ve done fairly well so far in setting the scene, and unless people are Cardiff City fans most listeners won’t be aware of much of the background.

I’m intrigued to know where it’ll go from here, as they’ve covered quite a bit of ground already.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think they’ve done fairly well so far in setting the scene, and unless people are Cardiff City fans most listeners won’t be aware of much of the background.

I’m intrigued to know where it’ll go from here, as they’ve covered quite a bit of ground already.
    Yes it's ben really good, I think deeper detail on McKay, Henderson and Ibbotson to come?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes it's ben really good, I think deeper detail on McKay, Henderson and Ibbotson to come?
    Hopefully.

I agree about the decisions made, it's incredible that Ibbotson got back in that plane.
    I suspect Sala was afraid of upsetting his new employers, probably felt under a lot of pressure to make training on time after being given the green light to return to Nantes.

Ibbotson's decision is quite incredible though given the facts that there were warning alarms and a bang. That plane clearly needed maintenance!

I’ve listened to all 3 episodes so far and I’m getting a feeling that we’re not going to come out of this looking very good.

Quoting from the podcast…

“Wanted in life, disowned in death”

“An incomplete acquisition”

I imagine these comments are referring to us

International

Flight - No four is now available!