+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rishi Sunak First Black PM ?? Muslim v Islam Eeek

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rishi Sunak First Black PM ?? Muslim v Islam Eeek

Last few responses are incredible.

First you speak as if it didn't happen.
    Then you say he only did it cos he was forced
    Then it's the case that every politician would have done it.

Instead of all your mental gymnastics, why not just accept the reality: Politics isn't as black and white as you wish it was. Not all of the people who belong to the party you don't vote for are animals, they are all capable of good and bad.

There's plenty of reasons to criticise the Tories, but when you do it for every single thing, even made up things that exist in your own heads, it just exposes your motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Last few responses are incredible.

First you speak as if it didn't happen.
    Then you say he only did it cos he was forced
    Then it's the case that every politician would have done it.

Instead of all your mental gymnastics, why not just accept the reality: Politics isn't as black and white as you wish it was. Not all of the people who belong to the party you don't vote for are animals, they are all capable of good and bad.

There's plenty of reasons to criticise the Tories, but when you do it for every single thing, even made up things that exist in your own heads, it just exposes your motivation.
    James if you have nothing useful to reply with, you don't need to turn on the condescending machine.

What I will say is I don't specifically remember anybody on here arguing against the scope/size of the furlough scheme at the time on here except me. I still hold the same view, that some kind of support scheme was necessary but that ours made little sense the more it unravelled. It felt a bit like Corbyn's manifesto where more and more imaginary money came leaking up through the floorboards as time went on. We are all paying for lack of measured response and scrutiny now and will be for the rest of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    James if you have nothing useful to reply with, you don't need to turn on the condescending machine.

What I will say is I don't specifically remember anybody on here arguing against the scope/size of the furlough scheme at the time on here except me. I still hold the same view, that some kind of support scheme was necessary but that ours made little sense the more it unravelled. It felt a bit like Corbyn's manifesto where more and more imaginary money came leaking up through the floorboards as time went on. We are all paying for lack of measured response and scrutiny now and will be for the rest of our lives.
    I think it's a valid reply to point out to people who dish out the usual tropes about him not caring about poorer people etc that the scale of help given to people in the pandemic was absolutely unprecedented. There's people on CCMB who would have lost jobs, homes and maybe lots more without it.

Yes, any chancellor would have done it, but therefore every chancellor should be praised for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think it's a valid reply to point out to people who dish out the usual tropes about him not caring about poorer people etc that the scale of help given to people in the pandemic was absolutely unprecedented. There's people on CCMB who would have lost jobs, homes and maybe lots more without it.

Yes, any chancellor would have done it, but therefore every chancellor should be praised for it.
    What a turncoat you are

Only a few days ago you were voting for starmer

Now you up to your nuts in the Tories again

You were clearly bullshitting all along

Your credibility is down the toilet sonny

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a turncoat you are

Only a few days ago you were voting for starmer

Now you up to your nuts in the Tories again

You were clearly bullshitting all along

Your credibility is down the toilet sonny
    Politics is a Newcastle United shirt to you Sludgey.

The reality for me and for most others is very different.